Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HS2010'S Helm's Deep/Map Thread! The Hall of Fiends V.2

You need to set the sharing on the Google Doc file to "Anyone with a link can view..."
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010'S Helm's Deep/Map Thread! The Hall of Fiends V.2

Darn I thought I did, and I know I should know how to but I don't so how do you?

I believe I fixed it.
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:25 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Warlord's Pass added 2/12/12

Added Warlord's Pass
Uses: 2 RotV, 2 SotM, 1 BftU + 2 Shadow (Heroes of Khorvaire), 1 Marvel, 1 FotA

Last edited by Sheep; February 12th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Looks great! I had never thought of using GoogleDocs either, so that's something new for me to try!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM

Hidden Marshes
Requires: 2 SotM, 2 of RotV ruin, 1 BftU

Last edited by Sheep; March 14th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Hidden Marshes
Requires: 2 SotM, 2 RotV, 1 BftU
Maps become more accessible the fewer sets that they use. It would probably be worth dropping the outcrops and shadows to remove the BftU requirement. And is the only thing coming from the RotVs the ruins? If it is you chould pretty easily change the requirements to "SotM x2 plus 2 sets of RotV ruins". That seems a lot less intimidating than "5 master sets".

Start zone height is always perilous. A Vydar pod or Snipers could start parked on the highest part of the map, and with just a couple squads of rats for support could dominate almost everthing. Especially with such long stretches of wide open terrain that opponents have to cross to get to them.

The "stairs" of water in the middle of the map interest me. Features like that can boost Slither and Flying units quite a bit (and the Microcorp would LOVE them! ). Double spaced figures can't walk up them, though, because they'll end up with both hexes on water, which stops their movement, but they'll be on two different levels, which is a no-no.

You might consider taking the terrain that's curently giving height to each SZ and moving it to under the middle of the map, building up a larger hill of swamp water and water there. That will make the middle of the map more tactically interesting and help to draw both armies out to fight (and the Drudge will be forever greatful ).

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old March 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Hidden Marshes 2/21/12

Thanks. As soon as I get time I'll do that.

EDIT: What do you think of Warlord's Pass? As it's honestly my favorite of the maps I have uploaded:

Warlord's Pass
Uses: 2 RotV, 2 SotM, 1 BftU (Do not use outcrops, just shadow) + 2 Shadow (Heroes of Khorvaire), 1 Marvel, 1 FotA (Just Road and Battlements).

Again very requirement heavy but it's a very fun map to play on. Very dungeon/swamp looking. It's got the "scare" factor.

Last edited by Sheep; March 8th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Lookout Canyon 4/11/12

Narrator Voice - "From the imagination of heroscaper2010 and the creators of Turret Rock and Embattled Fen, I present to you:

Lookout Canyon
Requires: 1 RotV
"

Note: This map was inspired by kahrma's Turret Rock and Gamebear's Embattled Fen, but kahrma nor Gamebear had anything to do with the making of the map. The intro was just for an interesting post.

EDIT: There are two 2-hex sand pieces that I did not know what to do with. I had two ideas for them:

1 - Make the "Canyon" part a bit taller.

2 - Place them on top of the 2 24-hex grass on the second level.

I'm also open to any suggestions there might be.

Last edited by Sheep; April 11th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Hidden Marshes 2/21/12

Even before you added the explanation of your inspiration Turret Rocks was the first thing that came to my mind.

What size are the extra sand tiles? Maybe they could go on level three, between the tall faces of the canyon and the water? I wouldn't make the canyon any taller-it's already easy enough to defend.

Lookout Canyon looks like it would benefit from a glyph, to entice down units that would otherwise just camp on the high ground and to help anyone forced to attack up. The center hex of the level 1 sand 7-hexxer looks ideally suited for a glyph-it's seated in a ring of water, safe from attacks from the canyon edge, and 10 walking spaces (2 turns) from the SZs. Valda (Move +2), Gerda (Defense +1) or Astrid (Attack +1) are all strong enough to command attention and counter-balance the strength of being entrenched on the top of the canyon.

You could also bring the ruins several spaces closer to the canyon and up on top of level 2. There they would provide better cover for units preparing to rush anyone camping on the high ground.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM

I edited the post to say that the sand pieces were 2-hex right before you posted this.

Eureka! While I edited the first time I had two things I wanted to say, then I forgot about the one thing. It, of course, was about a glyph. I think it should go on the sand 7-hex on the 1st level much like Turret Rock, too. The only reason I did not have a glyph on it is because I did not know which one to add. I think I'll add move +2 so that figures on the ground can get to figures up top quicker. Thanks so much for your comments.

Last edited by Sheep; April 11th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

Great maps!! I'm going to keep posting on this thred!!
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:59 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

Oops, I misspelled somthing. don't tell Onacara!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios