Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM

scarecrowking is surprisingly tart
Scarecrow's Customs

Hello everyone. I have been reading this section for a little bit now, and decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately I find myself kind of in the dark as to how well I'm doing. We have only playtested this model once, and ultimately the dice and the flow of the game only gave him two real actions, one of which I used to take the opportunity for a spectacular whiff, resulting in this model's demise. I would like to post the stats that I am using, so that some of the more experienced custom creators can possibly give me some guidance.

Thanerion (Ullar)
Elf
Unique Hero
Warlord
Determined
Life 5
Move 5
Attack 4
Defense 5
Medium 5
Cost 90
Axe of Woe- This model begins the game with three Woe counters on it's card. Before rolling attack dice, you may choose to remove any number of remaining Woe counters. Each Woe counter removed in this way adds one attack die to the number of dice rolled.

I plan on using an old Mage Knight Temple Lord for the repaint. The model wears heavy plate armor with a shield, which is where the Def 5 is coming from. And, of course, he's got this big honkin' axe, which is the original impetus behind the whole project.

I have used Syvvaris for a starting point for his stats. I reduced the point cost a bit due to there being no ranged attack, and my model's special power is a finite resource, unlike Syv's Double Attack. My friends kind of complained about the wonky point cost, but let it go because I was the one who had to fit him into an army

Well, that seems to be it for now. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be very appreciative. Thanks much everyone.

BTW, sorry about the format of the stats, I don't post much so couldn't get it into a two-column style

scare

Last edited by scarecrowking; July 28th, 2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added Valkyrie General affiliation; adjusted point cost
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:16 PM

dragonite is surprisingly tart
Re: Scarecrow's Customs

Pretty good but the cost is a little low. On the bright side it sounds better than my scarecrow "Death's scarecrow".
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:40 AM

Ok, adjusted his cost up to 90 from 85. That should also keep my friends quiet too, lol. Dl'ing the Gimp software now, so maybe in a week or so (time permitting) I will have an army card together.

Thanks for the comments
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

So is there anyway you can bring back the woe counters? And I guess he uses his regular attack for the axe of woe?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Agent of Vydar, you are correct. No bringing them back, and they add to his base Attack dice. I considered some mechanic for bringing the counters back, but wanted to go a little simple for my first attempt here. Your second question makes me think I wasn't specific enough with the Axe of Woe wording. I phrased it as 'Each Woe counter removed in this way adds one attack die to the number of dice rolled' so folks wouldn't think it worked like a Special Attack and not add glyphs/height/etc. Is there an alternate wording that you think may be more clear? Also, do you think, both mechanically and thematically, that a way to bring Woe counters back would make this unit more appealing to players in general? As I said, I wanted to start small, but I'm also pretty good at taking suggestions

scare

Last edited by scarecrowking; July 28th, 2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: clarity
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

I understand it now that it is a special ability much like the the snipers deadly shot or a double attack. It may make him too powerful if you brought the markers back. I think he is fine.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards