Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 18th, 2008, 02:45 PM

naps420 Woo who?
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe

WOW am I surprised about this one. I thought the last MK game was going to be the last, but then a friend linked me to a listing for the new game on gametrailers. Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe looks amazing. The short teaser clip shows a video of Sub-Zero fighting Batman and damn the graphics look great. The teaser says Fall, but the website has no release date as of yet. Another good MK game to add to the collection it seems. It's coming out for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Here is the link for the teaser.
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe

Whoa. I would have never expected that. Makes me want to make a Sub-Zero custom and put him up against the TNT custom Batman...
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM

naps420 Woo who?

I am surprised I don't think I have seen any MK custom figures for HS yet (well, that I can recall anyway). I always thought Scorpion would have made an awesome Unique Hero. A handful of the guys from the MK series would make pretty sweet customs. Wonder if they sell any MK figures the size of a HS one.
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:19 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Who in their right mind would tell Superman, "Get over here!"?
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naps420 View Post
I am surprised I don't think I have seen any MK custom figures for HS yet (well, that I can recall anyway). I always thought Scorpion would have made an awesome Unique Hero. A handful of the guys from the MK series would make pretty sweet customs. Wonder if they sell any MK figures the size of a HS one.
Annerios has already made a stellar Scorpion custom
The fig was used by combining the head from a heroclix Ghost rider with the body from a Ninja of the Northern Wind, and some other assorted bits. Here's the link to his thread because this is one of the most truly impressive customs I've seen: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...light=scorpion
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The funny thing is... there won't be any Fatalities, and very little blood.

Why even bother playing then? Again, DC gets the short end of the gaming stick...
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart

WTF? Mortal Kombat and DC? What? no. I've came up with lots of ideas for Mortal Kombat customs. I just never made any because I don't have any figures to represent them. That would be so awesome though.

Old April 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

No fatalities? Seriously? Isn't that what made MK what it is in the first place?
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That has got to the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post
That has got to the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
/sign

I kind of like Street Fighter vs X-Men because it was one of the best games in the student center at college (Soulcaliber and Metal Slug 2 being the other really good ones), but the concept is just dumb.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart

I looked up more info.

First of all you have the blood splattering gore fest which is Mortal Kombat which has had some pretty good games come out over the years. Probably one of the top fighting games ever in terms of fans, products and over all marketability.

Then you have the DC universe. Which is a franchise that has created their characters over the years by mostly coming up with a cool adjective or animal and putting the word "man" after it. Not to mention the notoriety of spelling out the sounds of punches and kicks.

So that brings the two together now apparently. At first I was prejudge mental, but I do remember a game called Marvel Vs. Capcom which wasn't to bad actually. I never did play it but 3 or 4 times though at a friends house. Anyway, taking that into consideration I think I might follow the marketing of this game and see how it progresses. I might not buy it, but according to the reviews I might rent it and see what it has to offer.

Also, as a faded Mortal Kombat fan I wouldn't doubt that the dumb creators make this game canon. I see why Armageddon was supposedly the last game of the series now and that new characters were going to be implemented into the game. Just didn't think that the characters would already exist in another world.

Last edited by ProSpecT; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:01 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games