Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker
Re: Crusaders!

Try to think of something other than crusaders for a more numerical army. They also didn't make those templar for nothing.
Old June 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by syvarris0 View Post
Yeah I can't picture the good guys using swarm armies,it just doesn't make sense,and neither does bowmen in knight suits.
Ever play Magic the Gathering?

If not, two words: White Weenie.
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

[quote=heroscaper314;585064]
Quote:
Originally Posted by syvarris0 View Post
I'm not saying that Jandar couldn't use a lower priced common squad, (although I'm not quite sure that a horde army would fit in with Jandar's theme...) but I'm not seeing any reason why such a squad would have to be crusaders.
As for the Jandar horde army, I see what you mean (though Johnny139 makes an excellent point).
As for the reason why such a squad would "have to be" crusaders, read the first post. Einar Gen is a crusades buff (apparently to the point that he's willing to put Orlando Bloom as his avatar , not that there's anything wrong with that). This is roughly the same as a Civil War buff suggesting that we need Civil War units or a LotR fanboy saying we need Dwarves. He's basically saying: "Here's a niche I see unfilled in Jandar's army; here's how I think it could be filled by my favorite stuff; I like Orlando Bloom (not that there's anything wrong with that)."
Or at least that's how I took it.
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How about serfs? Not really crusade-like, but definitely cheap. Think about it, Einar has Ashigaru, so why can't Jandar have some serfs? Every general has some sort of swarm (vydar doesn't count) so I do think Jandar needs one too.
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
How about serfs? Not really crusade-like, but definitely cheap. Think about it, Einar has Ashigaru, so why can't Jandar have some serfs? Every general has some sort of swarm (vydar doesn't count) so I do think Jandar needs one too.
I think a horde of crusaders would be better than a horde of serfs...Serfs aren't exactly valiant or noble...
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:29 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
Quote:
I think a horde of crusaders would be better than a horde of serfs...Serfs aren't exactly valiant or noble...
That's the point.
Personality- Rebelious (already seen in the gladiators)
cost- 30-40
attack/ deffence- weak
powers- something that makes them have free moves.

Just swarms to clog te feild and make it easy for either a furute long bowmen squad or the AE.
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:36 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
Quote:
That's the point.
Personality- Rebelious (already seen in the gladiators)
cost- 30-40
attack/ deffence- weak
powers- something that makes them have free moves.

Just swarms to clog te feild and make it easy for either a furute long bowmen squad or the AE.
I'm not exactly sure how the fact serfs would be of a rebellious personality makes them fit in with Jandar? Jandar's army is full of valiant units (yes, I'm aware that's not the only personality in Jandar's army), and rebellious, while not the direct opposite of valiant, certainly seems to be against valiancy.
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:58 PM

4525paintball has disabled reputation

Hello.

Last edited by 4525paintball; June 15th, 2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: OOPs
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

That is NOT Orlando Bloom,(even though he's my favorite actor) I did that because it's BALIAN. An actual crusader. I wasn't saying that we need crusaders just 'cause I like them, but like I said, they didn't make templar for nothing. I just think they'd make the game more fun.
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I see the Templar Calvary covering the crusader niche. They already righteously smite Utgar, what could be more crusader than that?

I suppose there could be a crusader hero with an ability "Declare Holy War". At the beginning of the game you pick a general or race, and your knights get a +1 bonus when attacking the heathen units he declares against.

This could be a way to discourage armies of all the same race etc...
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Well, if you're going with the 12th to 14th century motif; you could have consumptives and plague victims. Or do the Children's Crusade. Those probably wouldn't sell to the public too well, though. Dogsbodies? Probably not, either. <grin>
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Tyrnix is surprisingly tart

*LOL* Bubonic Babies. They would have to get one of the Garbage Pail Kids artist to do the sculpts. They'd have 1 attack, 1 defense, 4 move, 1 health and 1 range for 20 points. They'd be a common squad of 4 small 2 human, diseased, infants for jandar They'd have some rendition of the Marro Plague as their special but you'd have to destroy one if the affected figure was successfully wounded. Oh, and they'd also have climb x3, of course(They're babies, after all; they climb everywhere).

Last edited by Tyrnix; June 15th, 2008 at 04:21 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units