Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:52 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Deathwalker 9000

The Book of Deathwalker 9000
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Like his fellow Soulborgs the Zettian Guards, Deathwalker 9000 is slowed down by his cumbersome full-body armor. His lumbering demeanor may at first deceive those who are unfamiliar with Soulborgs; but they would be ill advised to let down their guard. Deathwalker 9000's armor is impenetrable, and one exploding fireball from his energy blaster can wipe out a cluster of warriors in a nanosecond. To defeat Deathwalker 9000 an enemy must find, by either luck or proximity, one of the few vulnerable areas under his armor plates. Knowing this, Deathwalker often travels with Zettian Guards, programming them for longer attack range as a reward for their loyalty and protection. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-

- EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK: clear sight shot.
Deathwalker 9000's Explosion Special Attack requires a "clear sight shot" to his target. Does the phrase "clear sight" indicate that Deathwalker 9000 needs only line of sight to any part of the figure rather than the hit zone?
No. Deathwalker 9000 needs line of sight to the targeted figure's hitzone to use this attack. (Grungebob)

- EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK : Order of Defense Rolls
Who decides what order the adjacent figures get hit when Deathwalker 9000 uses its Explosion Special Attack?
The target always rolls defense first. Then the attacker chooses the order in which the other figures are hit. (Hasbro FAQ)

- EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK : Targets Adjacent to a Double-Spaced Figure
If I target a double spaced figure with Explosion Special Attack, who is considered adjacent?
Normally it's anyone adjacent to the hex the character is on, however with double spaced figures any character that is adjacent to either space/hex it occupies is hit. (Hasbro FAQ)

- RANGE ENHANCEMENT : Which Soulborg Guards Receive EnhancementDoes Deathwalker 9000’s Range Enhancement affect friendly/opponent’s Soulborg Guards as well, or only your own?
Deathwalker 9000’s Range Enhancement only affects Soulborg Guards that you control. It does not affect friendly figures, and it doesn’t affect opponent’s figures. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Deathwalker 9000 may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- RANGE ENHANCEMENT : Soulborg Guards
* Blastatrons
* Zettian Guards
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Deathwalker 9000- If it weren’t for the rule of the Deathwalkers, 9K seems like a good option for hordes. C-

OEAO: C-

Cleon: Tier 5 (124/208)

dok (VC inclusive): No hero benefits more from the Zettian Infantry than DW9k, who finally has a figure that really benefits from his Range Enhancement. B

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Deathwalker 9000

Last edited by superfrog; March 11th, 2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:09 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
As a soulborg, he's immune to toxic skin and plague.
Old June 30th, 2007, 04:21 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I was reading through the cards yesterday and just realised Blastatrons are Soulborg Guards and i thought the Zetts were the only ones.
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:24 PM

Darconus has disabled reputation
The only problem with DW9K is his defense. How's that? you might be asking. Well, I'll give you an example. A few weeks back I was playing a game and my opponent had DW9K. HE had height on ME and I was attacking with an Aubrien archer. I KILLED DW9K. 'nuff said. I never use the DWs.
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The Walker Texas Ranger 9000 is a valuable asset in my army. He teamed with the zettians are an awesome set up.

I lost him to lava field damage today though because I forgot.
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:09 PM

Vlad the Impaler has disabled reputation
just remember, everyone;

DW9K+Warden 816+height=killer zettians

alot of people say life is like a card game. well, I have news for them: in the card games, the bad hand does not yell back at you.
Old August 31st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler
just remember, everyone;

DW9K+Warden 816+height=killer zettians
Yeah, they really pumped up the Zettians in the past set (wave 7 - Fields Of Valor) thanks to Warden 816.

400th post!
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:02 AM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
I had once warned a kid I played against against putting his figures ajacent to one another when DW 9000 was near

unfortunatly for him, he looked over an area where he had 3 Marro Warriors and Ne-Gok-Sa

I pounced with Explosion Special attack

took out the 3 MWs and gave Ne-Gok-Sa 2 wounds
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:12 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
DW9K

Although I'm a player who is satisfied by figures only from the planet feylund, DW9K is very spoiled and powerful. Making a 10K would be nothing compared to 9K because 9K can blow up your enemy's figures from spaces away.And if those figures are near anywhere allies, then your foe's armies are just considred a row of dominoes! If they gave DW9K anymore life they would spoil 9K even more!

I also wanna say that anyone who dares put a DW in a molten lava or lava space should just forget about winning HS.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I played against Deathwalker 9000 with a weird army made up of Nilfheim and a ton of Gladiatrons and Blastatrons.

I attacked DW9K twice with Nilfheim's normal attack, scoring 3 skulls both times. 3 shields were rolled, then 5.

Then later I attacked Deathwalker 9000 from 7 spaces away with a blastatron from height. I had moved him and he wasn't in range of anything else, so I took a shot at him for the heck of it.

I know these stories are probably getting old now, but this seems to be how he always dies. In that same game, my friend rolled a 2 for his Deathwalker 7000's Self Destruct in the middle of 3 Gladiatrons who had him cyberclawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM

ArcBlade has disabled reputation
9K's Special attack question..

In another thread we discussed how a unit can kill a friendly unit, say to get a Viking spirit enhancement or what have you but concensus was that you could not commit suicide unless you had DW 7K. That brings up an in game question we had.

Say DW9K is surrounded by enemy forces, can he use his explosion special attack targeting himself so as to affect all surrounding enemies?

ArcBlade
Old January 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A figure cannot target itself. Ever.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units