Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 27th, 2022, 04:40 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Discuss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
On figure sizes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Yes, everything in Avalon Hill is being scaled to each other 28mm heroic for the most part. A few monsters have received a slight bump in places to improve their value/presence.

Like perhaps an oversized “Dryan Dragon” or a certain Frozen Horror.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnTunnel
Will the Melter Deathforge be open enough that I can insert other minis into it?
Strangely. That was the goal.

I mean, if we’re going to use our cats as Biotitans, then we should be able to stuff minis in the Deathforge.
(Note: The Frozen Horror is from HeroQuest.)
Quote:
Today's designer's notes!
Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 015 - "THAT SOUND OF FOOTFALLS IN THE DISTANCE IS HEADING RIGHT FOR US!!!" The Scion of the Wild bows not before the belligerent city dwellers, instead lashing out with the primal anger of the many snarling beasts that fight beside him in combat. He has become one with the pack, understanding the instincts of nature’s raw power better than any of other Dryan magi in the Order. With a powerful magical staff forged by the mighty Volarak of Haukeland, the Scion of the Wild bends the beasts of Arboreas to his will, and drives forth a raging stampede of claws, horns and fangs to battle against his adversaries.
The name of this image is "NoThisIsNotShiori"

EDIT: @Anitar suggested that I clarify that
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Anitar
Haukeland is an as-yet unmentioned island waaaaay off the coast of the Valhallan mainland. It's on the map.
So I know that the image link is not actually the link for the ninja, but this seems to suggest that the figure isn't Shiori.

Upset City Baby.
Old August 27th, 2022, 04:46 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Discuss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
On figure sizes:
Quote:
Yes, everything in Avalon Hill is being scaled to each other 28mm heroic for the most part. A few monsters have received a slight bump in places to improve their value/presence.

Like perhaps an oversized “Dryan Dragon” or a certain Frozen Horror.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnTunnel
Will the Melter Deathforge be open enough that I can insert other minis into it?
Strangely. That was the goal.

I mean, if we’re going to use our cats as Biotitans, then we should be able to stuff minis in the Deathforge.
(Note: The Frozen Horror is from HeroQuest.)
Quote:
Today's designer's notes!
Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 015 - "THAT SOUND OF FOOTFALLS IN THE DISTANCE IS HEADING RIGHT FOR US!!!" The Scion of the Wild bows not before the belligerent city dwellers, instead lashing out with the primal anger of the many snarling beasts that fight beside him in combat. He has become one with the pack, understanding the instincts of nature’s raw power better than any of other Dryan magi in the Order. With a powerful magical staff forged by the mighty Volarak of Haukeland, the Scion of the Wild bends the beasts of Arboreas to his will, and drives forth a raging stampede of claws, horns and fangs to battle against his adversaries.
The name of this image is "NoThisIsNotShiori"

EDIT: @Anitar suggested that I clarify that
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Anitar
Haukeland is an as-yet unmentioned island waaaaay off the coast of the Valhallan mainland. It's on the map.
So I know that the image link is not actually the link for the ninja, but this seems to suggest that the figure isn't Shiori.
Oh I see. This is a reference to a running joke in the discord that any given sketch may be Shiori (as long as the one that is implied to be Shiori is not outright stated to be her)
Old August 27th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh, right on. Missing out on all the in jokes in the discord lol. So it hasn't been officially verified that the figure isn't her yet, at least currently.

Upset City Baby.
Old August 27th, 2022, 08:21 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
...running this unit alongside classic Q10 is just as thematically/chronologically problematic as fielding both Sgt. Drakes.
The game's rules prevent that from happening.
The game rules only prevent it if they have the same name, which is what Blue Trails seems to be positing (and I agree). If this was Major Q11, the rules as is wouldn't prevent you from fielding both.
Yeah, SkyWhale's right. For this reason, I'm leaning towards the unit being Major Q10 in name and in spirit, even if not in personality or consciousness in the lore.
Old August 28th, 2022, 05:11 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
...running this unit alongside classic Q10 is just as thematically/chronologically problematic as fielding both Sgt. Drakes.
The game's rules prevent that from happening.
The game rules only prevent it if they have the same name, which is what Blue Trails seems to be positing (and I agree). If this was Major Q11, the rules as is wouldn't prevent you from fielding both.
Yeah, SkyWhale's right. For this reason, I'm leaning towards the unit being Major Q10 in name and in spirit, even if not in personality or consciousness in the lore.
And it could help explain a transition to a new general?
Old August 28th, 2022, 12:06 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
And it could help explain a transition to a new general?
He's "wearing" a Vydar insignia, so somehow I doubt that.
Old August 28th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any chace of Samuel Brown having an official release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old August 28th, 2022, 12:34 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Any chace of Samuel Brown having an official release?
It has been brought up to Avalon Hill numerous times with no official statement. So atleast they know we want it.
Old August 28th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Samuel Brown was officially released. We have his official card and we have his official mini. Paint yours if you want.

Edit: "We" don't "want it." Some of us ask about it, and some of us seem to think that it would be a thing that doesn't already exist, but I do not agree that a broad "we" want it. What would it look like? Different mini? Because that's a rerelease, like SotM Drake or something. It would call for a different power set.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 28th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Here is the quote from Truth's blog, on the front page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth
Forever Valiant
Posted November 24th, 2010 at 03:33 PM by truth
Awhile back Wizards asked us to design a couple of potential repaint exclusives. We made Agent Skahen and one other. The other was a patriot by the name of Samuel Brown and he was never used. We recently asked Wizards for permission to release the card and were granted permission. So here it is. Special thanks to long-time Heroscaper Hextr1p for assisting on putting the card graphic together.
That says two things to me. First of all, "permission to release the card" came from Hasbro. "Release." The card has therefore been released, with Hasbro's express blessing.

Second, this release is something that Truth and others fought for, when Heroscape was discontinued. And they won, when Hasbro gave permission for this release, including card and mini.

So we have a "release," with card and mini. To say that it is not "official" is both inaccurate and, to my mind, truly unkind to our friends who fought for that final inch, after 'Scape was discontinued.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 28th, 2022, 01:45 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Here is the quote from Truth's blog, on the front page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth
Forever Valiant
Posted November 24th, 2010 at 03:33 PM by truth
Awhile back Wizards asked us to design a couple of potential repaint exclusives. We made Agent Skahen and one other. The other was a patriot by the name of Samuel Brown and he was never used. We recently asked Wizards for permission to release the card and were granted permission. So here it is. Special thanks to long-time Heroscaper Hextr1p for assisting on putting the card graphic together.
That says two things to me. First of all, "permission to release the card" came from Hasbro. "Release." The card has therefore been released, with Hasbro's express blessing.

Second, this release is something that Truth and others fought for, when Heroscape was discontinued. And they won, when Hasbro gave permission for this release, including card and mini.

So we have a "release," with card and mini. To say that it is not "official" is both inaccurate and, to my mind, truly unkind to our friends who fought for that final inch, after 'Scape was discontinued.
Well said. Plus, for what it's worth, if Samuel Brown wasn't official, he wouldn't be listed in the BOOKS with all of the other official units.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Book of Samuel Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I know Guru mentioned this, but I want folks to know that Sam is completely official. He is approved and tested and was design back before D&D Heroscape came out. He was one of our favorites and seeing him arrive like this really makes me feel good.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 28th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He's definitely official. But the Books of are unofficial.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion