Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Marro Gnids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
What I like most about the Gnids is that they really give you a reason to use the Hive. Not that other Marro don't but I think the Gnid/Hive combo is a great match.
I disagree here, at least in a 24hex format. Those starting spaces are just too valuable; using Gnids gives you a maximum of five Marro squads (without dropping figures) in your army and even six Marro squads (some combination of Stingers and Dividers being my choice) feels a tiny bit too low to get good value from the Hive.
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Maybe something about Gnids being removed completely from the game when their host is destroyed would be helpful in the rules/clarifications section?
Absolutely. Someone write it up, and I (or another C3Ver) can just quick-check it to make sure it's right, then whoever started this thread can pop it into the Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
I like them. A lot. I need to try C3V units sometime. Tell me, is it common for C3V figures to be allowed at a tournament? I can definitely see a big change in game-plans if these guys were in an army.
We'll see how common it is. I suspect that most TDs will want to allow them, but it really depends on the TD, as well as the people attending. That is, if you're going to a tourney and you (and several other people) ask about C3V units, the TD may be more inclined to acquiesce. Like they say on TV: call your cable company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This has been the most interesting unit I have seen in a while. I first came here to see if there was any way to shoot them off while they where clinging but I can see the hassle that would cause creating new special rules for that.

For points though, I never saw an answer, when you tally up your points in the end , do units that are clinging, do they count towards your total surviving units?

Also for units that are revived, like the Zombie hulk, would they return with their parasites or do they return deparasited?
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
For points though, I never saw an answer, when you tally up your points in the end, do units that are clinging, do they count towards your total surviving units?
Xotli actually addressed this in his first comment. They are the same as undropped airborne elite or unsummoned rechets - they are not destroyed, but they are not considered part of your army, either.

Quote:
Also for units that are revived, like the Zombie hulk, would they return with their parasites or do they return deparasited?
Thanos, the Zombie Hulk, and Sturla'ed figures would return with the Gnids still in place.
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
What I like most about the Gnids is that they really give you a reason to use the Hive. Not that other Marro don't but I think the Gnid/Hive combo is a great match.
I disagree here, at least in a 24hex format. Those starting spaces are just too valuable; using Gnids gives you a maximum of five Marro squads (without dropping figures) in your army and even six Marro squads (some combination of Stingers and Dividers being my choice) feels a tiny bit too low to get good value from the Hive.
I guess it depends on what your going for in an army, but if you're rolling hot dice the Gnids are scary as all heck, and then to bring back the ones that you're picking off... awesome!

-insert signature here-
Old September 10th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks Dok, you cleared that up
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
This has been the most interesting unit I have seen in a while. I first came here to see if there was any way to shoot them off while they where clinging but I can see the hassle that would cause creating new special rules for that.

For points though, I never saw an answer, when you tally up your points in the end , do units that are clinging, do they count towards your total surviving units?

Counting up points is sort of beyond the rulebook, particularly in a competitive environment. I would check with your TD, if I were you.

For the purpose of partial card scoring, I'm not 100% sure what I would do but I would *probably* allow the clinging Gnids to count as destroyed, just for the purpose of scoring. That would make end-of-round math easier, and when your brain is fried that can be important. Also it would avoid Paralysis by Analysis situations where someone has to calculate whether it's better to play to win or play to do better in partial card scoring.

*But* that's Dad_Scaper the TD talking, not Dad_Scaper the C3Ver, because it's up to your TD, not the C3V, how to do things like partial card scoring in corner cases like this. And I haven't completely thought it through anyway and may change my mind.

In casual play I'd do as dok says, if I got into partial card scoring in casual play, which I don't.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:18 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I assume Gnids must stay attached to the host, and cannot un-cling once clung, correct?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:56 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I assume Gnids must stay attached to the host, and cannot un-cling once clung, correct?
Yes that is correct, once the Cling, the figures stay on the opponent's card until the game is over.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:59 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
For the purpose of partial card scoring, I'm not 100% sure what I would do but I would *probably* allow the clinging Gnids to count as destroyed, just for the purpose of scoring. That would make end-of-round math easier, and when your brain is fried that can be important. Also it would avoid Paralysis by Analysis situations where someone has to calculate whether it's better to play to win or play to do better in partial card scoring.
This is really a discussion of scoring methods as opposed to something particular to the Gnids, but what difference does the bolded distinction make? Most partial scoring methods I am familiar with are based on counting the figures on the board and scoring based on that. Whether the Gnids were destroyed or whether they are playing cards on the plane with the Airborne Elite doesn't matter. Either way, they are not on the board, so they don't count towards your score.

The only scoring methods I know that work otherwise go by counting your "kill points", but it seems equally clear that the clinging gnids don't count in that case, either.

All of that said, there are potential situations in endgame where you have to decide whether losing a Gnid to cling is going to give you enough benefit to be worth the scoring hit. This is true whether you play partial scoring or full card scoring - that just changes how often and by how much the cling can swing things.
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:40 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

CLING
When a card with Marro Gnids on it is destroyed, the Marro Gnids remain on the card and, like the card, are removed from play. They do not count as destroyed, nor may they be brought back into the game by the Marro Hive, the Glyph of Revival, or any other means.

Like this?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When I try to download the .pdf of the Gnids' army card I get this:
Quote:
/downloads///ec_tmp/C3V%20Marro%20Gnids%20-%20PDF.pdf is not available. Please update your links.
Heroscapers main page:
http://www.heroscapers.com/
Sorry, I'm not exactly computer savvy; any help would be appreciated! I'm really looking forward to getting/playing with wave 14.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs