Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 27th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Yes, the Broken Roads of Ami link did not work. I my VS file of it got corrupted when I went to make the PDF. I had forgotten about that until now... but thankfully, I was able to find a 'backup' of it... so I'll be sure to get it and post it on the site.

We actually have that map (and the Savian Swamps) set up right now and have played them this week. Broken Roads of Ami is A LOT of fun. We haven't taken it down yet, because the guys that I play HS with wanna play the map some more.

I'll get that PDF up right away. Sorry about that everyone! Also, there is one or two maps still on there that don't have a PDF. (I know that A Walk Through the Park is one....) and that's because I lost the VS file for it... so I'll have to try to rebuild it at some time when I can.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old October 27th, 2007, 09:52 PM

cavie Woo who?
Cool stuff Nadi. I wish I had 3 RTTFF I'd love to make up Bonded Spirit - nice designs!
Old October 28th, 2007, 03:03 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
WOW very nice maps!!! I just might have to steal some of those castle plans!
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:06 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Here's my latest little offering. Easily not one of my best maps... in fact, it's pretty plain... but it was just a quickly little idea that I threw together at the last minute.

Path of the Stone Serpent - 1SotM, 1FotA

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:15 PM

Ok guys. I got reading the thread on the HS website about the 'Coliseum' style of game play. (Someone had actually posted a question about it... which lead me to the site.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, go look at the HS site and read about it. It sounds like it would be a BLAST!!!

So, with that.. since they don't provide a map for the scenario, I came up with a little something and I'm gonna try it out here soon in the future. So, if anyone is look for a little 'coliseum' style of play and needs a map (with a few Master Sets), then you might want to give this one a try:

The Prize of One's Life - 3RotV, 2RtFF, 2FotA

Also... it appears that two of my map on my website will be featured in this upcoming edition of 'HS Codex.' The 'Badland Bog' and 'Roden's Wishing Well.'

Never thought any of my maps would get featured somewhere. Makes me feel special. LOL... Am I pathetic or what?

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:51 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
These maps are awe inspiring. I myself don't have the talent for making maps anywhere near as good as these. I have an idea for a map, but I just cant seem to get it to work right. If you're up to the challange, I can describe it to you with the list of sets I own. That is, unless, you don't take outside submissions.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
I'm seriously impressed with Nadious' maps. I printed off instructions for another 7-8 maps which I will be using for the next 2 weeks' worth of HS. You definitely have a talent. I've played on a lot of maps and made a lot of maps - you can definitely tell when somebody is good at something, and Nadious excels. Keep up the good work and I'll keep using your work.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:27 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Nice job on these Nadi....very well done.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:15 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words... though, I feel that there are several map makes here in the community that are way better than I am. My problem stems from the fact that just about 99% of my maps are all symmetrical. I make them that way because I like fair and balanced game play (can't blame the terrain or one side having the advantage), but the most BEAUTIFUL maps I've seen on here are always non-symmetrical. I tried making one the other day and it turned out to be a total flop.

It's funny, because when I first started playing HeroScape, I wasn't interested in player made maps. I just wanted to do 'official' scenarios. I didn't feel like taking the time to look for others, nor, did I want to take the time and try to build my own. I then downloaded a few player made maps and started having a blast... and then, once I got my hands on VirtualScape, not wanting to make my own maps was thrown right out the window. Now, I spend as much time MAKING maps, as I do playing HeroScape. In fact, often at times... the line between which is more fun blurs. But, I'm just glad to give back to the community, because the community has given me so much.

I can't wait to play this 'gladiator' style game. It sounds so much fun!

Zorg, I've never really done a request before (but because nobody's really asked me to make anything either...) So, tell me what you want (what you really really want... Hahahah) and I'll see if I can't help ya out.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words... though, I feel that there are several map makes here in the community that are way better than I am. My problem stems from the fact that just about 99% of my maps are all symmetrical. I make them that way because I like fair and balanced game play (can't blame the terrain or one side having the advantage), but the most BEAUTIFUL maps I've seen on here are always non-symmetrical. I tried making one the other day and it turned out to be a total flop.

It's funny, because when I first started playing HeroScape, I wasn't interested in player made maps. I just wanted to do 'official' scenarios. I didn't feel like taking the time to look for others, nor, did I want to take the time and try to build my own. I then downloaded a few player made maps and started having a blast... and then, once I got my hands on VirtualScape, not wanting to make my own maps was thrown right out the window. Now, I spend as much time MAKING maps, as I do playing HeroScape. In fact, often at times... the line between which is more fun blurs. But, I'm just glad to give back to the community, because the community has given me so much.

I can't wait to play this 'gladiator' style game. It sounds so much fun!

Zorg, I've never really done a request before (but because nobody's really asked me to make anything either...) So, tell me what you want (what you really really want... Hahahah) and I'll see if I can't help ya out.
True battlefield design really boils down to having the time and patience to make it happen. VS is an awesome tool that keeps getting better. Because of my taking on of several projects for the HS community on this site, all of my spare time outside of work, family, and HS is devoted to these projects. I too love to design maps simply because I like to justify having an enormous collection of terrain. :P

I feel that symetrical is the way to go, exactly for the reasons you named. Because I'm such a stickler for the rules when playing against my friend and my brother-in-law, I don't want to give them the unfair advantage, nor allow them to gloat while handing me my shorts because I received the short end of the stick. The RPG side of me does also enjoy non-symetrical maps, but those would be used for scenarios and adventures. It seems that everytime I design a map and start building it non-symetrical, some little toggle switch in my brain gets flipped and I end up making the map symetrical.

I love this game simply because it truly is "our" game. We can do whatever we want within the law to make it what we envision.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
OK, here we go.

Available material: RotV x2, RtFF, VW x2, TT, FotA x2, SotM. Ignore booters.

What I want: A mountain. Well a hill really. Imagine one side of a mountain. On the top would be snow (of course). Along the slope would be a twisting road going back and forth a few times. At the base there should be rock tiles. This leads to some grass, sand, a river, sand, grass w/trees. Maybe swamp beyond that. Now here comes the tricky part. I don't have enough terrain to build a solid mountain. So I imagined using the castle pillars to hold up the summit. Think: pillers^large wall walks^24hex rock plates, a table if you will. Since I was going to use the walls as pillars, I'd leave the inside open and put down some lava/field with a castle door as an arch off to one side of the slope.

I hope I described my idea correctly. What you should see from one end of the table is (closest to farthest): maybe swamp, grass w/trees, strip of sand, ribbon of water, sand, rocks starting to stairstep up, a winding road up the cliff w/an arch to one side or the other, the summit of snow and glacier.

On the other side of the table you should see into the mountain. Lava with single/double walls holding up the summit somehow.

I haven't seen anything like this done before without using a few hundred dollars worth of master sets. I'm hoping it is possible with the available material I have. I've tried, but I suxxors when it comes to actually building the maps. My mind tries to work in squares instead of hexs.

Lastly, I don't care about symmetry. It doesn't look natural to me. Battles are rarely fought on an even playing field. You really have to bring your A-game when you get the crappy starting area. And don't worry about marking starting zones with tiles. If you're up to it, I wish you good luck.

PS. About the Spice Girls. I'll qoute Stewie, after having watched "Bewitched", and knocking out Will Ferrell.

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!" :P

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old November 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Man, these are some awesome maps, and I love symmetrical maps. I am going to have to download these when I get off work!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios