Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 28th, 2006, 09:33 AM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
Dollar Store Finds

A trip to the Dollar Tree found a couple of cool things obviously costing a buck apiece:
The first some kind of Kong merchandise cash-in called JungleKing. It features a kind of raptor thingy inexplicably hunted by some rather cool space marine type guys.

The second pic shows them with a Marro for scale. As you can see they are a tad smaller but have very nice detail. With a nice paint job could make a good custom unit.

Also some fantasy type toys called Castle Heroes. The main attraction here is a mini catapult with mini shot for it.

For custom terrain makers some cool liuttle rocks. They had all kinds of colors but I picked up some red/orange ones for a sci/fi alien thing I'm working on. At a buck it sure beats hobby store prices.

Finally if we ever see the castles these cheap railroad tracks would make great siege ladders

Aardvark[/img]
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've always wanted to see a Dollar Tree thread on HS.net, HSHQ and finally here. Glad you started it up, aardvark22.

I should provide images of the countless stuff I've acquired at my local D.T. for possible HS customizations, but they're too numerous!

The Jungle King stuff is interesting. A while back Dollar Tree was carrying some Ninja-type plastic soldiers.

I wonder if someone out there collects all these one-off, China-made toys?
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:00 AM

Actually the only reason why I stopped in was to look for those ninjas but they didn't have any. I've just started to build terrain for some non-Heroscape games and there was all kinds of useful stuff there. But it is incredible that even at a $1 the stuff starts to add up fast!
aardvark
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:53 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
great thread idea -
could you post a pic of the raptor alongside some HS figs, maybe? You'd rock, if so.

I'm thinking those raptors would be a real cheap way to get squads of Hunting Raptors to menace your jungle maps, or just to play on your own.

see my thread for bigger pic, and keep an eye out for an update

And no thrift-store HS thread would be complete without mentioning Thazralich, the neato undead dragon that was gotten from there
(don't have pics, but maybe GB does)
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM

As requested
The raptor is standing on a Mimring base

Is this the dragon you were mentioning?

Close up of catapult

Cool boat & stuff from other CastleHeroes set
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
has been BANNED

damn!
He's a look-alike to my Hunting Raptors card!

That's sweet!

And no, the undead dragon was different - I have him and a pic and the card at home.

I'll add later.
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Widigo has disabled reputation
I fond the catapult set a while back, and trashed the catapult. I got the set for the boat, and when I get around to it I will cut off the wheels add a balsa floor and have a boat. The chest i painted the gold in, gold hehe. I also used the standard berer idea to redo the flag after i cut it off.

Sorry If I Spell like a Horgle, or Smell like one.
- Slimbo the Silly Shamin
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:44 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Dude, I am totally using that railroad track! (but don't tell anyone, yet).
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I ran out tonight and picked up (2) of the Dinos packs. I'm going to use them but they are definately not raptor size. More like a teen T Rex. But for a $1 they are killer. When I get back home form the beach house I'll post some compariosn picks.

Thx for the heads up dude.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:53 PM

True that most definitely not raptor size-that is if compared to a heroscape figure. Next to the space guys in the pack I think its even too big for a T-rex.
aardvark
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:05 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
You guys are killin' me.
Old July 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
has been BANNED

Found the pics!

Here's Thazlich, which was made by someone, but I always remember that GB made it.

This is the figure for less than a buck, after painting and putting ona HS base: (it comes in a plain tan plastic color)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions