Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:23 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Interesting. I apologize, I was wrong then. I would still rule against it in a tournament setting, unless Matthias said otherwise.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:32 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Interesting. I apologize, I was wrong then. I would still rule against it in a tournament setting, unless Matthias said otherwise.
This is basically my viewpoint as well.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:36 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Actually, I’d say you probably can; @Scytale is 100% right. Nakita can engagement strike a placed figure, so it would seem that you can TeleCarry as well. I really wish HeroScape followed RAI, but the designers were pretty clear on following RAW (look at the Taelord getting Stealth Flying example).
Old June 2nd, 2019, 11:48 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Regarding the Brunak question. I seem to remember an old discussion about Carry, but I can't seem to find it. IIRC it was about whether or not Brunak can Carry with a move of 0. In essence, act as a stationary bridge across lava. I don't remember what came out of that discussion, but I think it is related, and would serve as precedent in the final answer.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:50 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I don’t believe so, because I think the Bracers of Teleportation are used before and instead of moving. If the Carrying figure ends its Teleport adjacent to a figure, then they can use their normal movement to cardy a figure.

I disagree. Reading both effects, I think it can be done.

Carry says "Before moving [carrier], choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to [carrier]. After you move [carrier], place the chosen figure adjacent to [carrier]."

Bracers of Teleportation says "This figure may use these bracers before moving. Instead of moving normally, you may place this figure on any same-level space(s) within 10 spaces of its current location. If this figure is engaged when it starts to teleport, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks." (my italics)

Carry specifies "Before moving", not "Before moving normally". So,since both effects trigger before moving, you get to choose which order to apply them. Choose the Carry effect first, then the Bracers effect. And you just teleported two figures.

What you cannot do is what you suggested: use Bracers and then use Carry with a normal move because Bracers specifically says "instead of moving normally".

~Z
I think this is right for the right reason. It’s also consistent with Scy’s answer, but as cmg explains here, you need to go no further than the text on the cards. It’s not the answer I would have guessed without looking, but it appears to be correct.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 4th, 2019, 07:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Actually, I’d say you probably can; @Scytale is 100% right. Nakita can engagement strike a placed figure, so it would seem that you can TeleCarry as well. I really wish HeroScape followed RAI, but the designers were pretty clear on following RAW (look at the Taelord getting Stealth Flying example).
You don't think the designers intended Taelord to have Stealth Flying? I think that was completely their intention and they just overlooked the importance of making it a separate power. Wasn't he the first to have the no LEAs clause?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 4th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
You don't think the designers intended Taelord to have Stealth Flying? I think that was completely their intention and they just overlooked the importance of making it a separate power. Wasn't he the first to have the no LEAs clause?
There’s no mention of whether or not he takes LEAs in his power. I’d put money (not a lot, but some) on the fact that they just forgot to, realized he sucks, and then said, “screw it, he doesn’t.”
Old June 4th, 2019, 07:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There’s no mention of whether or not he takes LEAs in his power. I’d put money (not a lot, but some) on the fact that they just forgot to, realized he sucks, and then said, “screw it, he doesn’t.”
If i may direct you to the Official Card/Rules Errata thread, where it states
Quote:
Original card states Flying only without mentioning disengagement strikes, as Stealth Flying had not yet been named.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 4th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If i may direct you to the Official Card/Rules Errata thread, where it states
Quote:
Original card states Flying only without mentioning disengagement strikes, as Stealth Flying had not yet been named.
...which, without reading past the first page of that thread, appears to be speculation more than an official word passed down from the designers.
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:20 AM

crazafon is surprisingly tart

Hey quick question about something that my group debated last time we played. What exactly are the limitations about how a figure can be placed on a hex? I assume the base can't move over the far edge of the hex at all. Are there rules about staying on the raised part of the hex in the middle?
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:27 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You are supposed to keep the base on the raised part of the hex. I’m not sure if its in the rulebook or not, but it likely is in one of them somewhere.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:10 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazafon View Post
Hey quick question about something that my group debated last time we played. What exactly are the limitations about how a figure can be placed on a hex? I assume the base can't move over the far edge of the hex at all. Are there rules about staying on the raised part of the hex in the middle?
Although you are open to point the figure in the direction of your choosing. But once done with that figures' turn you are not allowed to move them again, by official rules. So if a certain figure leans a certain way naturally you can aim them in such a way as to make them harder for opponents figures to see.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's