Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old May 4th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

Oh, okay. Thank goodness! Anyway, I just bought another master set and the expansion on Amazon, so my outrage didn't keep me from buying.

Speaking of point values increasing, that's one problem with this game, that Heroscape didn't have. Since point values are all tied to the various planeswalkers, any new units have to fit into the already established point values so it makes it difficult (as a designer) to match those values. It also makes it difficult (as a player) to mix and match...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; May 4th, 2016 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Becuz.
Old May 4th, 2016, 12:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Oh, okay. Thank goodness! Anyway, I just bought another master set and the expansion on Amazon, so my outrage didn't keep me from buying.

Speaking of point values increasing, that's one problem with this game, that Heroscape didn't have. Since point values are all tied to the various planeswalkers, any new units have to fit into the already established point values so it makes it difficult (as a designer) to match those values. It also makes it difficult (as a player) to mix and match...
I don't think we'll see it raise over 600 too much. Maybe 700. With more and more units it should be easier to mix and match at different point values. I think they did the 600 to keep things simple with the small number of units they were adding to each color.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 4th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hope so. I still think it's a bit of a problem. I don't see us ever getting the amount of figures that HS does just because of the fact that new figures have to fit into a certain point value. I'll wait 'til I get the expansion to comment further, though.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old May 4th, 2016, 02:51 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I hope so. I still think it's a bit of a problem. I don't see us ever getting the amount of figures that HS does just because of the fact that new figures have to fit into a certain point value. I'll wait 'til I get the expansion to comment further, though.
I think we could still see 250 point heroes. That hero + 1 planeswalker is still ~600 points.

--
--
--

--
Old May 4th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Here's what I mean. Take Jace, for example. If I want Jace I can do his standard 500 point army, or add the 100 point Merfolk Roilmage for an even 600. Fine, but so far, no customization, really, unless I try to sub some Eldrazi.

Jace's minions (Phantoms (65) and Projections (95)) total 160. I can sub a weakened Eldrazi Ruiner (with no Scions) for both of those and go 10 points light (not desireable), sub the Scions for the Phantoms and go 10 points light (also not desireable).

Any future blue units that they make will either have to cost 95, or 65, or be some other combination of 100 points, in which case, those new units won't be able to be used with the Phantoms or Projections...

Old May 4th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wonder if the balance still holds if colors are ignored for units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 4th, 2016, 03:51 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

Since we're in the blender forum, you could toss in Isamu to fill in the 10 points!
Old May 4th, 2016, 03:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm thinking after I get my multiple sets I may mix and match with double Unique squads that are painted differently. Like two sets of Elementals or something like that.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 4th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

That still doesn't exactly work. In my above example, you can't use 2 sets of Phantoms or two sets of Projections without under or over pricing your army...

Old May 4th, 2016, 09:43 PM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

AotP is not a #1 seller on Amazon, I do not recall seeing that before. So that is a good sign, even in the product dumping. Are stores also liquidating AotP boxes?
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:58 AM

Going 10 points light is not that big of a deal.

There is more flexibility in the new 600 point format.

--
--
--

--
Old May 5th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Not that big a deal? Do you really think a Jace + Ruiner + Roilmage is comparable to Jace + Phantoms + Projections + Roilmage? I'd take the second army every time. I think it was kind of a mistake to make the "colorless" figures dependent on each other. They should all be standalones since you can't really fit both in your army. I mean you could but Jace + Ruiner + Scions at 545 vs. someone else's 600-point army? I dunno...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender