Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 27th, 2007, 09:49 AM

Lord_Mortis has disabled reputation
TNT MIA Gladiators: Ready for Playtesting

Here is the first of the TNT Missing in Action community customs project voting/discussion threads. The goal behind this project is discussed here, but in short, it is to fill the gaps of missing units/heroes that currently exist in the Heroscape game.

Gladiators was voted by the community as the squad that is needed the most. This is a community project, so everyone who has an idea for Gladiators should submit their ideas, as the best of all the ideas will be assembled into a final custom that will be playtested and voted on.

As this is the first thread of this project, expect there to be a little "trial and error" as we work to iron out any rough spots in the process. Voting/discussion times may run a little longer than other custom trials in order to determine the right amount of time to allow the community to submit their ideas/thoughts on the custom in question. Ultimately the goal will be to have a streamlined system of getting quality results but with a quick turn around. However, the quality of the customs in question will be of most importance, as these are customs that should be universally accepted in most gaming groups, so if it takes a little longer to get a good quality custom, then so be it.

Here are the entries. Read and enjoy. Then let the discussion begin.

Netherspirit's

Gidian's

Allskulls'

Blah Blah Gladiators (4 figure common squad – rebellious - gladiators) 90pts

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2

BLAH BLAH RALLY
After taking a turn with a unique hero gladiator that follows Einar, you may move 4 Blah Blah Gladiators you control 5 spaces. Each Blah Blah Gladiator moved with Blah Blah Rally must have clear sight to the gladiator hero prior to moving and must end movement closer to the gladiator hero than its previous space.

TO THE DEATH
When a Blah Blah Gladiator is destroyed as the result of a normal adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, before removing the Blah Blah Gladiator from the board, you may attack with the Blah Blah Gladiator. If the Blah Blah Gladiators are inspired, add 1 the 20-sided die result for To The Death.

Samus (unique hero- rebellious – soldier or gladiator?) 130pts

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

REBELLIOUS INFLUENCE or INSPIRE MUTINY
All Roman Legionnaires and Roman Archers you control are considered to have the rebellious personality.

REBELLIOUS COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Samus, you may take a turn with one of the following that you control:

-1 unique hero with the rebellious personality.
-1 Gladiator squad that follows Einar.
-1 squad of Roman Legionnaires and/or 1 squad of Roman Archers. You may choose which squad to activate first.

Any figure in the above list that is taking a turn instead of Samus must be within clear sight of Samus before moving.

Aeston's

Bestiarii (group of 3)

Einar
Humans
Common Squad
Gladiators
Wild

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 1
90 points

We Who Are About to Die: If your first turn marker is on Bestarii, you may immediately take one more turn with them after your first.

Disengage: Bestiarii are never attacked when leaving engagements.

Concept: So the Bestiarii were often lightly armored, under armed criminals who were sent to die against dangerous animals. I feel this is a well-balanced unit. They can be used very effectively in a hit and run tactic if they use their double-move in the first round to get in and then get out, and thus prolong their life despite their low defense. They are also designed to become incredible if you spend the 200 points on Sparticus and invoke his power to get their move up to 6 and their defense to 2. A very well-rounded addition to a gladiator-based army.

Necroblade's

SoulfulKillingMachine's

Common squad of 4
Human
Gladiators
Rebellious

MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 2

GLADIATOR BONDING
Before taking a turn with [self], you
may take a turn with any unique
Gladiator you control.

I AM SPARTACUS
If an enemy figure would destroy
Spartacus, you may instead destroy
one [self] you control who is
adjacent to Spartacus.

EMPEROR'S MERCY 15
When [self] take at least one wound,
roll a D20 for each emperor or empress
within clear sight. If you roll 15 or
higher, ignore all wounds.

Bloody the Marro Stinger

Gladiatorian Rebels
Medium 5
Rebellious
Gladiators
Squad of 3
Move: 6
Attack: 3
Defense: 3
60 Points
Poor Discipline: After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you must roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, the Gladiatorian Rebels are too busy plundering and bragging to listen to your orders. Your turn ends.
Royal Hatred: If the Gladiatorian Rebels attack a King or Queen, they gain one attack.

Minimoose38's

Here are 2 powers I came up with that I think would fit the gladiator theme well.

ANIMAL FIGHTER
Whenever <unit> rolls attack or defense dice against a Beast, <unit> rolls one extra die.

FINISH HIM
When attacking a Human figure with only 1 health left, <unit> rolls 2 extra attack dice.

EyeOfSauron's

The special on this one used to read "Emperor's Die" because EM4's game came with a special "thumbs up, thumbs down" die. I changed it to make it more accessible for those you don't have it. Pollice verso is a Latin phrase, meaning "with a turned thumb", which refers to the hand gesture used by Ancient Roman crowds to pass judgment on a defeated gladiator.

This guy was a master at battling wild animals in the arena.

My personal favorite...I tried to port the specials over from Ludus Gladiatorius.

Pumpkin King's

Gladiatorial Pit Beasts

Animals
Common Squad
Beasts
Ferocious

Squad of two double-spaced animals; possibly lions, leopards, or tigers.

Life: 1
Move: 6
Attack: 2
Defense: 3
60 points

Maul: same as the Deathstalkers

Gladiator Bonding: Before taking a turn with Gladiatorial Pit Beasts, you may take a turn with one Gladiator you contol.

Gladiator Training: In addition to being Beasts, the Gladiatorial Pit Beasts count as Gladiators.

Taelord's

I think they're needs to be a squad of Gladiators that get a bonus if adjacent to the same enemy. They should also get two dice for height advantage. And I know this is not accurate, but I think a gladiator on horseback would be cool. Oh and I think there needs to be a Gladiator that gets bonuses against beast since they fought Tigers. And There needs to be a fish gladiator. There was a class that wore a helmet with a fish on it and they fought Retiarious'. They carried a sword and shield.

The Finalized Squad for Playtesting:
Name:
General:Einar

Species: Human
Squad:Common
Class:Gladiators
Personality:Rebellious
Size:Medium 5

Life:1
Move:5
Range:1
Attack:3
Defense:2

Number per squad: 4

Special Abilities:
GLADIATOR BONDING:
Before taking a turn with the ______________ Gladiators, you may first take a turn with any Unique Gladiator Hero you control.

INSPIRED CHARGE 15
After moving and before attacking, if the ____Gladiators are inspired, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, any ____Gladiator that moved this turn, may move again.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:20 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Quick question: Will there only be one card that gets to the "finals"? Because if someone submits a melee card that is really good, then someone else submits a ranged squad that's also good, only one would make it, and that seems a little strict. Orcs have ranged and melee and benefit from having both on the board. The same goes for a Hero and a squad. Both would probably benefit from each other.

This is just a question, mind you; this may not even come up, (ranged Gladiators? yeah, right) but I felt it needed to be asked.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King
Quick question: Will there only be one card that gets to the "finals"? Because if someone submits a melee card that is really good, then someone else submits a ranged squad that's also good, only one would make it, and that seems a little strict. Orcs have ranged and melee and benefit from having both on the board. The same goes for a Hero and a squad. Both would probably benefit from each other.

This is just a question, mind you; this may not even come up, (ranged Gladiators? yeah, right) but I felt it needed to be asked.
Really, that is going to be up to the community. We at least need a common squad of melee gladiators, but there is nothing prohibiting the "finals" being limited to just one type of squad/hero card. Submit whatever ideas you can think of and everything will be discussed in the discussion phase of the process. We'll narrow it down to the best idea for a melee squad, and if there are ideas for a ranged squad, will narrow the ideas down to a final ranged squad to be playtested along with the melee squad, etc.
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I AM SPARTICUS!
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Don't give your ideas away! PM them!

I'll have to get working on this soon. I don't know if I can come up with something original by Friday (and have a card, I like to have cards).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade

I'll have to get working on this soon. I don't know if I can come up with something original by Friday (and have a card, I like to have cards).
So this is a contest? I thought we were going to throw all of our ideas out there and if some need to be combined to make the best unit(s) we can then so be it.
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade

So this is a contest? I thought we were going to throw all of our ideas out there and if some need to be combined to make the best unit(s) we can then so be it.
We are. The idea behind the PM is so that everyone who wants to participate, no matter what their skill level, can come up with their own original ideas without feeling intimidated by other's custom making skills. It's to avoid any situations where someone may have an idea for a custom, but then see someone else's idea posted in a thread and think "Oh, that is better than my idea, so I won't submit anything."

Once the submission period is over, then I'll post all the entries and we can start discussing them. I just don't want any good ideas left out simply because someone sees another's idea and then think that thier's isn't good enough, and doesn't submit anything. That non-submitted idea could have been something really useful.
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Grindmaster

Got it.
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:20 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Can we submit other's ideas,(giving them props of course )....or only our own?

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 28th, 2007, 12:37 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I think they're needs to be a squad of Gladiators that get a bonus if adjacent to the same enemy. They should also get two dice for height advantage.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:24 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
I think they're needs to be a squad of Gladiators that get a bonus if adjacent to the same enemy. They should also get two dice for height advantage.
Then put it in your PM.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox
Can we submit other's ideas,(giving them props of course )....or only our own?
Yes, you can submit someone else's ideas. (Maybe they didn't see this thread.) But if you have an idea, even if it is just a special ability/power, feel free to submit it via PM.

And, btw, Nether already submitted his cards, just in case those were the one's you had in mind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards