Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 22nd, 2020, 04:05 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Online Con 2020- THANKS FOR PLAYING!

ONLINE CON DISCORD

REGISTER FOR VC BRING 2 (FRIDAY 11AM)

REGISTER FOR GENERAL WARS (FRIDAY 4PM)

REGISTER FOR CHAMPIONSHIP (SATURDAY 11AM)

REGISTER FOR HEROES ONLY (SATURDAY 6PM)

REGISTER FOR RAINBOW WAR (SUNDAY 12PM)

Gencon is a decade plus tradition of getting Heroscapers together for a weekend of skull-rolling, and we don't want that to end because of a year of quarantine. So, we are excited to announce Online Con 2020. Join us as we bring the fun of Heroscape tournaments to your home.

Dates: Friday July 31- Sunday August 2. All events will happen optimized for Indianapolis time (USA Eastern).

Venue: Discord Server. There will be one centralized discord voice chatroom where round pairings and general tournament news will be announced, and then players will break out into individual discord rooms to play their games. Games will be played over the Online Heroscape Google Drawings interface, which you can learn more about here. Really, it will be a lot simpler than this makes it out to be: there will be one centralized place where you will pick up all of the figures in your army, and all of the boards will be created for you and you'll just have to follow a link.

Time Limits: All games will have hour round time limits as is the tournament standard, with the exception of Day 2 which will be untimed.

Events:
Spoiler Alert!

Prize Dice: Given to the winner of each event and the top 4 for the championship.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by vegietarian18; August 2nd, 2020 at 06:49 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 07:29 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Online Con 2020

Siiiiiiiiiick
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:58 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

AWESOME!! I am booking the dates, sitting in my camper with good internet!!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:13 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is amazing. A huge thank you to Vegie & anyone else involved in the organization process.

I will be participating in as many events as possible (one per time slot).
Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:27 PM
Scapecon 2022 Main Event Champion

Evantage is surprisingly tart

Yes, big thank you to Vegie and the others helping. I can probably get more of my friends to play in this than I could have fit in my car for Gencon. Very happy the Heroscape in early August tradition will continue this year even without the ‘con
Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sign me up!

Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is right around when lil' caps #3 is due but I'm foolishly optimistic that I'll be able to participate.

EDIT: I presume there will be a front page announcement?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; May 24th, 2020 at 01:15 AM.
Old May 24th, 2020, 10:19 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I suspect we'll probably get an announcement to the front page, but I don't know exactly what and when. I do know that we are shooting to have registration available within roughly 2 weeks.

~Dysole, answering to the best of her ability

Last edited by Dysole; May 30th, 2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old June 7th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The events and maps are out!

Each event has a registration form, but that registration purely exists to collect expected attendance. You will not submit your armies yet. There will be an official army registration form for each event that launches around two weeks before its start date. So that means that army registration for the June 27th Prep Event will open next weekend.

EVENTS:
Spoiler Alert!

MAPS:
Spoiler Alert!

A discord link will be sent to you over email if you register, and will also be posted in this thread. At the moment you do not need a Discord account. Discord is very easy to register and allows you to use the application as a guest. In past online events over Discord, there has been some confusion around Heroscape usernames vs. Discord Username so we'll set some guidelines for that to make things run smoothly.

At the moment we're just excited to get this list of events out to you guys as we're already under two months away from July 31 weekend. Thanks for your patience here and we hope to see many of you playing!

Last edited by Dysole; June 8th, 2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:04 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Online Con 2020- EVENTS AND MAPS ANNOUNCED

Awesome!!!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 8th, 2020, 02:14 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Online Con 2020- EVENTS AND MAPS ANNOUNCED

A few questions:

-I assume 4x400 you can’t repeat the same unit in multiple armies?

-When’s the exact cut off for VC legality? In case there are figures released between now and then. I also know that shadow faction and tree faction are out but they don’t have books yet.

-So the map pool will be different for each event, probably randomly selected out of the 8 and in a random order. Will we know the maps and order for an event before hand, or will it be revealed as the event starts?

-Will the glyphs on Draugur be power, and not treasure?

Sweet events, it all looks great. Maps are great. I really like Rainbow War, and the new spin on General Wars. VC event is nice. I think I’m going to sign up and try to attend everything.
Old June 8th, 2020, 06:31 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick answers

1. Yes. I'll make that explicit.

2. If it follows how we've done it for past seasons, probably gonna be anything that's been released up to the day we launch (SoV doesn't count until it's been finalized)

3. I know for previous events we've generated the map order as soon as the event started and put all that information in the OP. We haven't finalized exactly how we will do this at this time.

4. We've used both in the past, but for this I suspect it will be power glyphs.

I will definitely update once we finalize the exact logistics for map revelation.

~Dysole, informationally

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con