Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2009, 09:32 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Rules Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
I have a question that I don't think the community would be able to answer on its own:

The new Ullar Kyrie have wings that can be targeted, unlike all other Kyrie units before them. Was this intentional, or is it a printing error?
I believe this is a printing error that will probably never be fixed. That said, I think it is acceptible. Can you all live with that?
YES!!!

I am totally okay with it being a printing error. After all, we already live with Sgt. Drake the "solider" and Templar Cavalry who fight for Einar, right? Is this confirmed by the rest of the rules team, Gbob, or is confirmation unnecessary in this case? If it's unnecessary, perhaps someone should include this clarification in the units' respective Books.
Absolutely not. Until further notice, the wings are hit zones.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:32 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I heard that the Protector pack comes with a red marker to fill in the wings of all the other Kyrie cards you have...

Seriously, I think that it is fine either way. We have gotten some (rather insignificant) errata on hitzones on cards before (Sir Dupuis comes to mind.) I wonder if, in the interest of simplicity, you guys want to reverse the rulings on that as well. I find hitzones rather trivial to begin with, and it would be nice to just be able to go by the cards in all cases, no errata. (Unless there's two different cards out, then we need to know which one is the one to go by, of course)

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
I heard that the Protector pack comes with a red marker to fill in the wings of all the other Kyrie cards you have...
That's funny as hell.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:35 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a question that I don't think the community would be able to answer on its own:

The new Ullar Kyrie have wings that can be targeted, unlike all other Kyrie units before them. Was this intentional, or is it a printing error?
I believe this is a printing error that will probably never be fixed. That said, I think it is acceptible. Can you all live with that?
YES!!!

I am totally okay with it being a printing error. After all, we already live with Sgt. Drake the "solider" and Templar Cavalry who fight for Einar, right? Is this confirmed by the rest of the rules team, Gbob, or is confirmation unnecessary in this case? If it's unnecessary, perhaps someone should include this clarification in the units' respective Books.
I'm fine with their having (that IS proper grammar, mind you) wings as hit zones. It makes them more difficult to hide on high elevations.
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

YES!!!

I'm fine with their having (that IS proper grammar, mind you) wings as hit zones. It makes them more difficult to hide on high elevations.
Exactly.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:31 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Some people's wings are simply more tender than others, I suppose. Buffalo wings, for example, can be tough as the dickens.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:17 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
That's funny as hell.
I'm not too sure that hell is funny...

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:17 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Some people's wings are simply more tender than others, I suppose. Buffalo wings, for example, can be tough as the dickens.
Only if you over-cook them.

Perhaps the Protectors' wings have been marinated too long. Or maybe they were slow cooked in a crock pot. Either could account for the wings being so tender.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:19 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
True, but I'd prefer that the game maintain its internal consistency of having all Kyries' wings treated equally.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:32 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
True, but I'd prefer that the game maintain its internal consistency of having all Kyries' wings treated equally.
I would prefer that as well. But do you think it is a big deal? I don't think it is a significant issue. But that's just me.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:39 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would prefer that as well. But do you think it is a big deal? I don't think it is a significant issue. But that's just me.
Well, it's not a big enough deal that any cards need to be reprinted. But it is a big enough deal that if there is errata, we should eventually be informed about it. No rush though - the figs don't arrive for another month.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:48 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, it's not a big enough deal that any cards need to be reprinted. But it is a big enough deal that if there is errata, we should eventually be informed about it. No rush though - the figs don't arrive for another month.
I'm not even sure that errata is needed. As I said above, I think wings as hit zones is just fine.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's