Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 12th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker
12 Leaving Engagement Attacks?

If you are surrounded by 6 characters with a Coward's Reward (KOW, I believe) could you fly away and take 12 leaving engagement attacks? I would say so, but that just seems like a lot!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM

tchop is surprisingly tart
Re: 12 Leaving Engagement Attacks?

I suppose theracus could probably rack up more.
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we have done this before. We have tried to calculate the highest amount of leaving engagement attacks a figure could possibly take. The number was much higher than you might expect.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM

tchop is surprisingly tart

I don't think there is much you guys haven't figured out about this game at this point. Every probability, highest relentless bonus, highest deadly shot, etc.. It's actually funny how often it comes up though.

My question: Can you actually delete completely useless and locked threads? It would seem a useful utility to have. Especially when people sign up to this site for the lone reason of ripping on us to get banned.
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:12 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

I beleive its like 32 or something. Theracus and a bout 2 squads of knights.

Boise ID Scaper
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

You could always have the incredibly likely scenario of two lines of Knights of Weston (the gauntlet) leading away from Theracus engaged with Knights of Weston on all adjacent hexes but the one opening into the gauntlet. The player with Theracus also has Venoc Warlord to enhance the movement. Theracus then walks along the gauntlet until at the end of the move there are no more engaged Knights. Just a bit more than 12.
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostertail9000 View Post
I think it is higher than that if you have ladders surrounding Theracus with knights on the ground and on ladder rungs... I think that is how it works.. Something like 40?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Consider braxas next to 8 ladders, with the most knights possible up along the ladders (stacked over one another as densely as possible using the short knight). Then maybe 48? Even more perhaps.
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Well, I could imagine a situation with Sgt. Drake (old) and a bunch of Knights and Ladders... I'm thinking ~60 on the low end.

But really, why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 13th, 2009, 01:06 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Well, I could imagine a situation with Sgt. Drake (old) and a bunch of Knights and Ladders... I'm thinking ~60 on the low end.
Actually, wasn't the conclusion of that long FAQ discussion that you only check for adjacency at the beginning and the end of a move between hexes? That is, that climbing over battlements, or falling, or grappling up, can't lead to rapid engagement and disengagement?

Assuming that's the case, here's the best I can do:

Nilfheim, Su-Bak-Na, or Braxas (i.e. a 2-hex figure with a height of at least 12) is standing on a 4 high pedestal, surrounded by Knights of Weston. Around the edge of those hexes are ladders, and there are two more "stories" of knights, at heights of 6 and 11.

So the dragon/hivelord is adjacent to 24 knights. Flying away, the dragon takes 48 dice of leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by dok; January 13th, 2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: fixing inprecise description of hex-to-hex moving
Old January 13th, 2009, 01:34 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
So the dragon/hivelord is adjacent to 24 knights. Flying away, the dragon takes 48 dice of leaving engagement attacks.
But then without moving the dragon/hivelord lands again only to take off without using any move! INFINITE STRIKES!

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
You could always have the incredibly likely scenario of two lines of Knights of Weston (the gauntlet) leading away from Theracus engaged with Knights of Weston on all adjacent hexes but the one opening into the gauntlet. The player with Theracus also has Venoc Warlord to enhance the movement. Theracus then walks along the gauntlet until at the end of the move there are no more engaged Knights. Just a bit more than 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roostertail9000 View Post
I think it is higher than that if you have ladders surrounding Theracus with knights on the ground and on ladder rungs... I think that is how it works.. Something like 40?
Thanks to some insomnia I went through and figured out how many dice would be rolled in my scenario with a second level of knights on ladders from Grunngebob's scenario. I came up with 76 possible dice. 19 knights on the ground, 19 on ladders for 38 knights rolling 2 dice each. I think Theracus would probably have to be on a raised path to be adjacent to both levels simultaneously. With less movement Braxas could get more with the taller gauntlet of knights, but I'm not about to go through and figure that one out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's