Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Holocron of FX-7 Medical Droid

THE HOLOCRON OF FX-7 Medical Droid
HoSS Public Design #2

Figure Card

Rectangular Cards
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Revenge of the Sith set. Its model number and name are #48/Medical Droid.

HoSS Public Design
Character Bio - The FX-series medical assistant droid, also referred to as Fixits, was a medical droid series line produced by Medtech Industries. Only ten models (FXs-1 through 10) were made. They were often immobile, cylindrical droids with numerous "arms" that assisted patients during surgery or other medical procedures. They could help by cutting away dead flesh, holding items, or even injecting bacta fluid (which was why they were occasionally constructed at command stations during times of war to save injured soldiers).

During the Clone Wars, Galactic Republic forces often deployed FX-series droids by aerial insertion into forward positions and Republic Mobile Surgical Units, acting as mobile aid stations for critically wounded clone troopers.

When Anakin Skywalker was grievously injured by Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, Palpatine brought him to a medical facility on Coruscant. It was here that an FX model droid worked on Anakin's body to bring him out of his critical situation. The droid later facilitated Anakin's transition to his half-robot body. When the now suited up Darth Vader received news from Palpatine that he had killed Padmé, his fit of rage and grief caused Vader to destroy everything in the room with the force, including the medical droids. The round "head" of the FX model that worked on Vader was crushed, as well most of its body. External containers holding presumably bacta shattered, spilling their contents.

During the Galactic Civil War, FX models were in use by both the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Revenge of the Sith set. Its model number and name are #48/Medical Droid

-Rulings and Clarifications-
• N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
IG-88A : Droid Revolution
As a Droid, FX-7 may benefit from IG-88A's DROID REVOLUTION turn bonding special power.
IG-88C : Synchronized Assault
As a Droid Hero, FX-7 may benefit from IG-88C's SYNCHRONIZED ASSAULT special power.
JABBA THE HUTT : Underworld Connections
Being a figure who follow the Independent faction, FX-7 may benefit from Jabba the Hutt's UNDERWORLD CONNECTIONS turn bonding special power.

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
• N/A

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Power Rankings-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• Initial Playtest: Heroscaper Guy
• First playtest: Porkins
• Second playtest: Fi Skirata
• Third playtest:
• Art by: mac122

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by mac122; February 16th, 2020 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Added rectangular cards
Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:56 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Holocron of FX-7

FX-7 Medical Droid
Independent

Droid
Common Hero
Medic
Useful
MEDIUM 5

Life 1
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 4
Points 35

FORWARD POSITIONING
FX-7 Medical Droid does not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, you may place one or more FX-7 Medical Droids you control on any empty spaces.

FIELD MEDIC
At the end of each round, one wound marker is removed from the card of each wounded Unique Hero that is adjacent to at least one FX-7 Medical Droid (yours or otherwise). Droids, Vehicles, and Weapons are not affected by this special power.

MEDICAL PROGRAMMING
FX-7 Medical Droid may never attack any figure or make a leaving engagement attack.

my tradelist

Last edited by Porkins; March 23rd, 2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:03 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Holocron of FX-7 (Public Design)

I've been reading the public play tests for 2-1B, and I really worry the medical droid bonding is going to be too strong. Removing two order markers and a 50% chance to remove a third with one order marker from a rebel hero? Seems really strong to me.

Maybe if the bonding was movement bonding with the medical droid?

Though personally I like the idea of "reveal an order marker from this card, take a turn with any medical droid you control."

Another thought that popped into my head would be using this droid to some how augment 2-1B's healing. Possibly something like picking how many wounds you want to heal, with an increasingly difficult roll required based on how many wounds?

Separate thought, why would you ever take this droid, with his 50% chance to heal one wound, over 2-1B with a guaranteed 2 wound healing?

I apologize if this is not the kind of feed back you're looking for in this thread, I'm just posting my initial thoughts on it.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:06 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
I've been reading the public play tests for 2-1B, and I really worry the medical droid bonding is going to be too strong. Removing two order markers and a 50% chance to remove a third with one order marker from a rebel hero? Seems really strong to me.

Maybe if the bonding was movement bonding with the medical droid?

Though personally I like the idea of "reveal an order marker from this card, take a turn with any medical droid you control."

Separate thought, why would you ever take this droid, with his 50% chance ot heal one wound, over 2-1B with a guaranteed 2 wound healing?
Well, I put the two main ideas I saw in 2-1B's thread from brainstorming. It can be changed though. Let's see more public opinion first. Don't forget playtesting too.

my tradelist
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:06 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

2-1B works with just Rebel Heroes. This one can work on any one.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:10 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Medical Droid bonding
After revealing an order marker and taking a turn with FX-7, you may immediately take one a turn with a Droid hero you control with the Medical class.
Good start.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:11 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Quote:
Medical Droid bonding
After revealing an order marker and taking a turn with FX-7, you may immediately take one a turn with a Droid hero you control with the Medical class.

Good start though.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:14 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Medical Droid bonding
Good start.
So an order marker on FX-7 would allow a second FX-7 to take a turn with the bonding, as it's currently worded?
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:16 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Medical Droid bonding
Good start.
So an order marker on FX-7 would allow a second FX-7 to take a turn with the bonding, as it's currently worded?
Right that was my intent.

my tradelist
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Two thoughts.

1. Just reading this know and it sounds like it should have move 0.

They were often immobile, cylindrical droids with numerous "arms" that assisted patients during surgery or other medical procedures. They could help by cutting away dead flesh, holding items, or even injecting bacta fluid (which was why they were occasionally constructed at command stations during times of war to save injured soldiers).

During the Clone Wars, Galactic Republic forces often deployed FX-series droids by aerial insertion into forward positions and Republic Mobile Surgical Units, acting as mobile aid stations for critically wounded clone troopers.

They could then be a DO or a droid you draft but can insert anywhere on the map and that is where it stays. In the Battlefront game they are stationary droids that can heal both sides when you stand adj. to one. Or you could say they are programmed to only heal any of your figures.

2. I don't know if their are any non droid medics in the SW universe that we would make but it might be wise to have the bonding work with any figure with the medical or medic class, not just droids.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I remember these guys from Battlefront! They're definitely immobile. Could the name be "FX-7 Medical Droid"? Just FX-7 is a little bland.

I'd prefer these things be Destructible Objects, like the Bacta Tank (spoiler alert ). Obviously that would require some pretty major changes to the design, but you could do something like: "at the end of every round, roll the d20 for all unengaged wounded figures adjacent to at least one FX-7 Medical Droid. On a roll of 11+, remove one wound marker from that figures card."

If we want to make them draftable, then I think it looks good if move is dropped to 0.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:54 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Two thoughts.

1. Just reading this know and it sounds like it should have move 0.

They were often immobile, cylindrical droids with numerous "arms" that assisted patients during surgery or other medical procedures. They could help by cutting away dead flesh, holding items, or even injecting bacta fluid (which was why they were occasionally constructed at command stations during times of war to save injured soldiers).

They could then be a DO or a droid you draft but can insert anywhere on the map and that is where it stays. In the Battlefront game they are stationary droids that can heal both sides when you stand adj. to one. Or you could say they are programmed to only heal any of your figures.

2. I don't know if their are any non droid medics in the SW universe that we would make but it might be wise to have the bonding work with any figure with the medical or medic class, not just droids.
Okay, I'll think of how to do that immobile power, but there is nondroid medics. I now of one in the new republic as a Jedi healer.

my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape