Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Monday Night GoogleScape League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
I don't have any say here, obviously. But...

Isn't this the perfect test bed for maps not in the BoV? Mapmakers would have actual data they could use to evaluate how various maps and features perform against a variety of armies with high level players?

I mean, I realize that's not who this League is operated for, and so on. But consider the community service!
True, but my concern is being on the tail end of a map that is suddenly deemed unintentionally biased to the opposing side's army, through no fault of the army builders.
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:00 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I don't think this is the environment to test maps.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM

Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker

are you allowing marvel as well as c3g

i recon just classic c3v and sov
Old January 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No marvel this round. If you want a BoV map, find one with some good spots for treasure glyphs. I designed this map specifically with the uncommon format in mind
Old January 10th, 2012, 07:41 PM

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
True, but my concern is being on the tail end of a map that is suddenly deemed unintentionally biased to the opposing side's army, through no fault of the army builders.
This happens on every map, including BoV.
Old January 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

I'm fine with any map, as long as it isn't way too one-sided.

Tourney History: 1-8, 3468 points slain.
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM

I have set up a league site with LeagueLineup for us to use. Not much there yet, but I did randomize the first weeks schedule

Monday Night Heroscape League Website

We still only have 7 people. If we don't find an 8th, we may have to do some kind of 'bye system, as I'd like to start this week.
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Anyone mention this league to guys like

Lefton4ya, Bamoguy, Ollie?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker

also try Sureno214 he was trying to get in the tournament

I played himm online and he seemed to be up for more
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
This happens on every map, including BoV.
Sure, that's true. Honestly, if the maps are fair to both startzones (either by symmetry or other balancing), and we get to name a new army for every contest, then there isn't anything terribly wrong with using any map for this event. That said, some maps will push me towards certain army choices, which can be annoying. Also, some maps can be balanced, but at the same time be boring (e.g. a pure king-of-the-hill map).

I don't think we have to stick to only BoV maps by any stretch - some of my favorite maps aren't in the BoV, after all. But I'd like to see us using maps that everyone feels pretty solid about. Usually that will mean a map that's seen some testing or tournament play.

As far as Hot Treasure goes, my only real concern at first glance is that there's very little going on in the center of the map. It's pretty wide-open, too, but with lava and jungle that isn't necessarily such a bad thing.

Quote:
Dok, how do you feel about reverse the whip for the semis/finals? Can't sandbag the semis and expect to win.
Eeeeh... I'd really like to see at least two games with the army before the reverse, if we use RTW.

I agree that you can't sandbag the semifinals, obviously. But if it's just that one game with the army before the finals, then it becomes almost a bluffing game. It's all about guessing what the other person is bringing, and then bringing the weakest thing you can think of that could beat that. With two games before the reverse, you can't really think about one matchup anymore. It's more of "what's the worst army I can play that I still think I can beat a lot of stuff with"? And that's where RTW gets cool.

So, I'd like to see one kill-em-all round in week 3 or 4 or 5, then a repeat of that army in the semifinals, then RTW with that army in the finals. That's still just two games with the same army - I think your attention span can handle that.

Quote:
We still need 1 more person. Obviously we can't start this week, but I really would like to start next week. Any takers?
I'd really like to go up to 8 people before we start. I'm pretty sure we can find one last recruit. I still have one game left in the tournament, so I'm in no rush.
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM

I don't have a lot of experience with RTW, so I will defer to you on this one. We will go with a midseason game and Semis game with the same army, followed by RTW for the Final.
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I am still picking an elective, so no sure of my schedule. I *may* be able to do this, but I will be busy.

Question/suggestion: This being a weekly game on the same day, I assume various people will have to drop out each week. I suggest that instead of having matchups pre-set and therefore people win by forfeit without getting to play, I would rather re-do macthups so the most people can play each week. The only thing is how to tabulate rankings when people have played a different number of games. Something similar to rolling rumble style rankings might be better, where your win-loss ratio or something similar is factored in.

Just an idea, but I think more people would join if they knew they didn't have to 100% commit to play each week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events