Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 17th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - Accepting Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Here's the updated Vlad the Impaler.
Spoiler Alert!

I decided to go with using "terrain obstacle" because I do define immediately after that you can move through it and it doesn't block LoS. I also added the clause about not being able to end your movement on one.

I choose 3 Impaled Corpses, because honestly I can't see Vlad ever needing to use more than 3 per game or before being killed, so I don't think the restriction should lower his points any.
Great! When you feel that he's good, just post saying so and we can pull him down.

A NOTE TO ALL (also in news) until a unit comes down, we are full, the next 3 units will be put on queue (waiting for their turn) and all units after that will just have to wait.

What is the benefit of the queue line? While your unit is not up for FB review, it IS guaranteed to go up when its turn comes, so unlike the other units that don't have a slot to go to, you are guaranteed a spot. REMEMBER, all units not on a slot/queue space won't even be considered by me until a slot opens up. If this thread gains speed, I'll open up more review and queue slots, but 5 and 3 are fine for now.

As for the new unit:
Assassins of Valkrill
Rewording: Specify that you are rolling the 20-sided die, partly because I could always roll a 4 sided die and have better odds. Also, change "Hero" to "unique hero" to exclude commons, because the common hero card is mutual for all common heroes. Possibly limit curses to 2 per squad or something. Also, try to make or get someone to make a "Curse Marker" simply because it would be more awesome.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Thanks. Corzan edited my card I think, so I can blame him for the wording. I was thinking of just using round markers, but if anyone wants to make markers, they can.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
We have some pretty artsy people on this site-I wonder if one of them could whip up a glyph-sized pic of someone whose been impaled.
Spoiler Alert!

Hmm.... I might know someone willing to whip something up... But that's up to this other anonymous (right...) user, not me.

Old November 17th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

I wonder who you are thinking of, krysto. COUGH COUGH COUGH. Any day now would be great, thank you. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Atlaga View Post
I wonder who you are thinking of, krysto. COUGH COUGH COUGH. Any day now would be great, thank you. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
Well, if the person you guys are referring to never chimes in I will be glad to do what I can.
It might be next week before I can do anything though. I am getting ready to hit the road for GA in about a half hour.
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

English Longbows
Is Hail of Arrows limited to once per game, once per round or once per turn per squad? If it's once per game it should probably incorporate some sort of tracking system (a la exoskeleton markers).

Asmodeus
I love me some Redwall. I think he's worth closer to 80 points. He lacks Me-Burq-Sa's range, but the Arrow Gruts are (imo) a better bonding squad, especially to act as a distraction while you move this guy into position. Plus Asmodeus' ability doesn't have a size limitation, and if it works he has a fantastic chance at permanently crippling and dealing on-going damage to his target. Also, he doesn't take the penalty for the markers starting on his card (see Morsbane)

Dianann
I think with her ability to place only 6 outcropping her points drops to about 60. It's a nifty trick, but it has a very focused tactical value.

Assassins of Valkrill
With only a 10% chance of adding a wound to a unique hero these guys don't justify their current 110 points. I'd say 65 would be closer-they're a little weaker than the PKs right now. If their defense was 4 and they inflict a 30% chance at a wound they'd be closer to 110.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Dianann
I think with her ability to place only 6 outcropping her points drops to about 60. It's a nifty trick, but it has a very focused tactical value.
Thanks, killometer.
I didn't even think about points when I revised her to limit how many outcroppings she could place.
Old November 18th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Well if there are no further comments on Vlad I'll pull him. What happens next? Is there going to be a section for display of units that came though here?
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Asmodeus

Also, he doesn't take the penalty for the markers starting on his card (see Morsbane)
All the current marker based powers are worded quite differently from asmodeus though. There's a small but important distinction; for morsebane or the werewolf lord the figure's power inflicts the effect, and the marker is just to keep track. As asmodeus' power is worded, the marker is the thing inflicting the effect. Ergo the markers effect him.

Its also worth noting that (IIRC) all marker using figures have a single power to cover all marker shenanigans, not two.

Why yes, I am super anal about card wordings, why do you ask.

Quote:
Dianann
I agree. Her special attack (and fairly good survivability for the points level) was really the thing that I felt made her too cheap. Without the ability to hit for 5 at range, she isn't worth a ton.
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Well if there are no further comments on Vlad I'll pull him. What happens next? Is there going to be a section for display of units that came though here?
As much as I'd love to, I don't know if I will, as that isn't the purpose of this thread. I may include a before/after example for propaganda, but otherwise putting Vlad up in a display thread is up to either SoV or CHCG24, and I'm sure (since most of them are ON this thread ) that will not be a problem.

Remember, this thread is for YOU to improve your customs, not to show them off to others. That isn't my job, it is yours, that's why it is your choice as to when to pull it.

Old November 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Pull him then. It doesn't look like there's much left to do.
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Pull him then. It doesn't look like there's much left to do.
Done! Good luck with SoV or whatever group you may/may not send it to!

So far, I'd call this a complete success, a unit went in, and it came back out with a nice sparkle... oooh... sparkly...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards