Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

I posted this topic under General->T.V., but at the risk of being accused of spamming the boards, I had to post it here because I think this is of interest to the whole Heroscape community.

Spike TV just started airing a show called The Deadliest Warrior. This show pulls together weapons experts, martial artists, historians, medical professionals, biomedical engineers, and computer simulation experts to determine who is the deadliest warrior of all time. Determinig the greatest warriors of all time? That's what Heroscape is all about!

The first episode aired on Tuesday, but I am actually watching a repeat broadcast of it right now, and it is even more interesting on the second viewing.

The first episode pits the apache warrior against a roman gladiator. Ancient weapons experts demonstrate gladiator weapons on dummies using sensors, while apache experts demonstrate their weapons as well. There is much carnage and fake blood spewing as the devastating effects of bow, tomahawk, trident, knife, and other weapons are clearly and startlingly demonstrated.

As I mentioned in the other post, the show is a cross between CSI, Myth Busters, pro-wrestling (lots of trash talking), and Heroscape.

Next week the show will match up a viking versus a samurai. I mean, come on, is this a Heroscaper's dream show or what?!

Anyway, I do apologize for double posting this, but as I said, I think the appeal will be much broader than the "TV" forum would allow.

Oh, and by the way, the apache won.
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Re: Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

The Apache won, which makes sense since gladiatorial combat was not about killing efficiency, but about entertainment. Most gladiators were not necessarily there just to kill or be killed. They were the pro wrestlers of their day. (not that a lot of people didn't die, but they weren't necessairly gladiators by trade).

Still, that's very cool.
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

This show sounds like a good one for a Heroscape commercial. I saw this show on before while flipping, but I'll have to stop on it next time and give it a chance.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

http://www.spike.com/show/31082?refs...kdes=NET_spike

^ You can watch it here for free ^

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The apache won? Wow, i would of thought the gladiator would of won.

Was the verdict based on weapon ability? or training? or both?

interesting indeed.
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

I thought the gladiator would win, too. When the gladiator had the Apache tied up in the net, I thought it was over, but the gladiator backed off. That was why the Apache won. The gladiator was overconfident and didn't finish the Apache off in time.

Old April 9th, 2009, 11:36 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
The apache won? Wow, i would of thought the gladiator would of won.

Was the verdict based on weapon ability? or training? or both?

interesting indeed.
The main determining factors were the superiority of the bow over the sling as a range weapon, and the speed and agility of the apache in very close quarters.

If you are able to watch it online at the link provided by Superfly, you'll see the whole analysis. The closing battle sequence is a dramatization loosely based on the computer simulation results and is worth seeing even if you skip everything else.
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds very watchable. I wonder if I have it On Demand?

~Aldin, who more or less never manages to watch a show when it's actually broadcast

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

hmm, this sounds like the beast battle show they had on a while back. they did the same thing pitting two animals against each other. eg walrus vs polar bear. tiger vs gorilla etc. the general rule of thumb was that the heavier animal always won.

sounds like in that scenario if the gladiator was smart and not so dumb he would of just stabbed the apache once he netted him. so the results are probably a little squewed.
Old April 9th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I believe it's re-running tomorrow night at 10:00 PM, by the way. I missed it on Tuesday, so I'll be tuning on for that one.

But, yeah, it looks pretty awesome. I've always been a fan illogical and random matchups.
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:00 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Wow, that sounds like a sweet show. Let me know on the rest of the results if anyone can!

(We have basic cable..lol...)

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I had forgotten about this. I'm going to try to watch it online now.

Viking vs Samurai next? PUHLEASE! No contest.

EDIT: OK, the voiceover sounds EXACTLY like the guy from 300. I need to look that up now...nope not David Wenham. They sure tried to emulate him in that movie, though!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; April 9th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion