Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old June 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Strategy Review: Index (includes Marvel)

It's time to start doing the Venom article I promised someone a while back - and the Hangman's tree article (was it Mossman? I'll have to do my research). Sorry about the years-long delay - but I've got some time to devote to strategy articles now, and I'll take care of these obligations. We are looking doing a few more in the near future, provided the best laid plans of Beasts and Gruts don't fall through.

Old August 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation

Is it just me or does it seem like DW8k can be used in the same situation as 9k, just with the enemy scattered about?

I believe that if your opponent is a squadaholic on a map where range is a good idea, the two would compliment each other in fairly unique way. They aren't rook class figures, though, and obviously don't belong in tourneys, as their targets should almost never be unique melee heroes, which often rip right through their armor.
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like DW8k can be used in the same situation as 9k, just with the enemy scattered about?

I believe that if your opponent is a squadaholic on a map where range is a good idea, the two would compliment each other in fairly unique way. They aren't rook class figures, though, and obviously don't belong in tourneys, as their targets should almost never be unique melee heroes, which often rip right through their armor.
I am sort of thinking of playing an Ornak army with those two, though the three of them would already cost 370. For another 130 points, you could take 2 Blade Gruts plus Nerak or Me-Burq-Sa, or you could take 1 Heavy Gruts plus Isamu and a 50 point hero (or Marcu, Isamu, and non-Utgar filler, or 3 Blades and Isamu).

Old August 10th, 2009, 10:53 PM

I like all 3 Deathwalkers, as well as the guards that DW 9k strengthens (Zettians+1×Blastatrons) for 500 points even (I don't have the blasts yet), but I realize that that would only be good for someone who focuses totally on quantity of figures and hardly at all on heroes. My idea was to use the 6 guards to completely surround DW9k so that his biggest threat (melee figures, especially unique heroes) are kept at bay and unable to get adjacent to him without attacking a guard first, leaving them open to fire from the other guards and Deathwalkers. This strategy would probably save Deathwalker 9000 from one or maybe 2 meleers. 3 would be pushing it before a gap in the circle forms without substituting a Deathwalker in. Other than that, it seems ideal for battling squads of all sorts when staying defensive.
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:44 AM

donjake Woo who?

Quote:
I like all 3 Deathwalkers, as well as the guards that DW 9k strengthens (Zettians+1×Blastatrons) for 500 points even (I don't have the blasts yet), but I realize that that would only be good for someone who focuses totally on quantity of figures and hardly at all on heroes. My idea was to use the 6 guards to completely surround DW9k so that his biggest threat (melee figures, especially unique heroes) are kept at bay and unable to get adjacent to him without attacking a guard first, leaving them open to fire from the other guards and Deathwalkers. This strategy would probably save Deathwalker 9000 from one or maybe 2 meleers. 3 would be pushing it before a gap in the circle forms without substituting a Deathwalker in. Other than that, it seems ideal for battling squads of all sorts when staying defensive.
An easy counter for that would be getting units with counter strike or using Realin and Finn to boost rage units attack and defence.
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:14 AM

No army I'm talking about as far as Deathwalkers go are for tourneys. Besides, I don't play anyone who knows a lot about heroscape. What I would like, however, is some army to take on an army of mainly heroes.

I would also like a second opinion on counters etc.
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjake View Post
Quote:
An easy counter for that would be getting units with counter strike or using Realin and Finn to boost rage units attack and defence.

In order for that to work, Raelin and Finn would have to enter the "danger zone", and no DW player in their right mind would refuse a chance to take a shot at the vulnerable Raelin. With 9K, the ZGs have 9 range, which is easily enough to snipe Raelin from a distance.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM

donjake Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

In order for that to work, Raelin and Finn would have to enter the "danger zone", and no DW player in their right mind would refuse a chance to take a shot at the vulnerable Raelin. With 9K, the ZGs have 9 range, which is easily enough to snipe Raelin from a distance.
They are more there for support to the counterstrike unit. The counterstrike unit is the one that is supposed to take down the Soulbergs.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

They are more there for support to the counterstrike unit. The counterstrike unit is the one that is supposed to take down the Soulbergs.

Counterstike doesn't work against special attacks.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:10 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Aldin's guide on Kyntela Gwyn (which actually covers many elves) should be added to the list.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

Great job but Marvel is not complete.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 01:48 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
Great job but Marvel is not complete.
What do you mean complete?

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles