Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old July 25th, 2018, 03:08 PM

Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker
Looking to purchase or create a couple DC heroscape figs

I plan on giving the Marvel expansion set to my kid for her birthday coming up. Thought it would be cool to include some DC characters and cards as well, (with some of them being female characters) like batgirl or supergirl.

I'm new to customs so please bear with me. Is there an easy way to make some customs like these I'm wondering or better off to buy off ebay or somewhere? Not looking to spend too much if I don't need to and kinda crafty so making would be my preference. By making I mean buying other figs and transitioning them to scape figs, not molding myself.

Thanks for any help!
Old July 25th, 2018, 03:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Looking to purchase or create a couple DC heroscape figs

First, great idea. Second I'd recommend checking out the C3G section of these boards. Currently there are over 700 characters with cards you can print that have been tested with the Marvel set.

For the figures, look into the Heroclix figures. They are (mostly) the same scale as Heroscape and some of the figures are great quality. You can find a lot of figures on a few of the online stores for less than $1 each and many for $0.50. Coolstuffinc has good selections and shipping isn't bad as long as you buy several figures at once. Also Trollandtoad has good prices as well.

Good luck.

Link: Welcome to C3G!!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 25th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

C3G has over 700 custom cards. Heroclix figures are used which are usually pretty cheap especially when purchased in lots.

Here is the Index of released C3G cards.

Are you using your Admin powers to me japes?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 25th, 2018, 03:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
C3G has over 700 custom cards. Heroclix figures are used which are usually pretty cheap especially when purchased in lots.

Here is the Index of released C3G cards.

Are you using your Admin powers to me japes?

Better...I'm using my time traveling powers to read your post and then go back in time and post the same thing before you can...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 25th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsoder52 View Post
I plan on giving the Marvel expansion set to my kid for her birthday coming up. Thought it would be cool to include some DC characters and cards as well, (with some of them being female characters) like batgirl or supergirl.

I'm new to customs so please bear with me. Is there an easy way to make some customs like these I'm wondering or better off to buy off ebay or somewhere? Not looking to spend too much if I don't need to and kinda crafty so making would be my preference. By making I mean buying other figs and transitioning them to scape figs, not molding myself.

Thanks for any help!
Welcome!

Yep - C3G's the way to go, absolutely. Great stuff there, and you can usually find the figures used without too much trouble on ebay. Buy the figure, print the card and you're golden! Tonnes of characters, too - your biggest problem may be deciding who to get!
Hope your daughter likes her present - sounds like a bloody awesome one.

~Lazy Orang, nostalgically remembering when her Mum got her the World's Finest Master Set.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 25th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
~Lazy Orang, nostalgically remembering when her Mum got her the World's Finest Master Set.
OK, gotta ask, how did that work? Did she find the cards on her own? Did you find the cards and point her here? Did she print and cut all the cards and track down and buy the Clix? I want the full story!!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 25th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
OK, gotta ask, how did that work? Did she find the cards on her own? Did you find the cards and point her here? Did she print and cut all the cards and track down and buy the Clix? I want the full story!!
I found it, and we worked it all out and planned it together - it was something I asked for, but she and my brother put a lot of effort into making it all work for me (basing the figures via the Grishnakh method, printing the cards etc.). I even have a folder with a slot for the cover that we turned into the rulebook! I recall my Mum saying it was nice to be able to actually do something for me as opposed to just buying stuff. My Mum is kind of awesome...
It was the year after 'Scape died, I really wanted more Heroscape for my birthday and C3V and SoV were nowhere near a release - I stumbled across C3G and turned to it out of a sort of mild desperation. Best bleeding decision...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 25th, 2018, 05:20 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:

I assumed her brother had something to do with it...if I'm correct he's the one that created that art banner in your signature.

Old July 25th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I assumed her brother had something to do with it...if I'm correct he's the one that created that art banner in your signature.
Yep, indeed he is! My Mum did an awful lot (the present was primarily from her), but I certainly remember that my brother sorted the printing.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 25th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome story! I (obviously) love that art banner.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 25th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Check out the independent custom cards as well! There are a bunch of great designers in this forum.
Old July 26th, 2018, 09:44 AM

Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for all the advice and the cool story! I'm excited to start tracking down some DC figs for her gift!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations