Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old October 13th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
PochoMan's Custom SuperHero Army Cards

PochoMan's Custom SuperHero Army Cards
HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
MARVEL and all related characters © 2008 Marvel Characters, Inc.,. All rights reserved.
DC and all related characters ™ and © 2008 DC Comics. All rights reserved. A Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Custom SuperHero Army Cards My MARVEL created Army Cards for charactrers, units, glyphs, equipment, etc...
Custom SuperHero Figures Repainted and MODDed of Official Marvel'scape, ReBased HeroCLIX, etc...
Custom SuperHero Additions Custom terrain, buildings, obstacles, and other misc. additions, etc...
Custom SuperHero Scenarios Custom scenarios based off of events of the Marvel Universe.

All [IMG] links are thru ImageShack®. Recently there have been problems with thier internal server. So if you get an Image Placeholder w/ an "X", right click "Show Picture".

Most of my Customs are character I would like to play and may never be released or it will take a few expansions or so.
Card abilities will be as accurate as I can remember, and, with a little help from a few web-sites that include but are not limiled to... Marvel Universe: the Official Marvel Wiki, MarvelDirectory.com, and Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit
Most if not all of my cards are created using GreyOwl's Mix-and-Match Superhero Blanks

MARVEL LEGENDS HEROSCAPE
Click HERE to see the following update post.
Week ending 29 FEB 08
-Added Unit Card(s):
Green Lantern, Green Energy Ring, Green Energy Lantern, Iron Lantern, Power Girl,
-Updated Unit/ArmyCard(s):

Black Knight (Dane Whitman) Marvel

Firelord (Pyreus Kril) Marvel Herald of Galactus. Stats are a dupe of Silver Surfer's.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) DC, This is my attempt at a Green Lantern. You can find more about the process at Building a "Generic" Green Lantern.

Hercules (Heracles) Marvel

HulkBuster Iron-Man (Tony Stark) Marvel.

Impossible Man (Impy) Marvel I chose him for his instant evolution power which has the ability to copy almost anything he desire from a person, to a machine with working parts, to a rocket ship, and even the mighty Galactus himself. The only drawback is the Impossible Man can never change his default colors Green and Purple

CLARIFICATION: There is no default height or hit-zone since he will be just a token at the begining of game, and throughout the rest of the game he will be replaced with the rolled figure.

Iron Lantern (Hal Stark) Amalgam, is a fictional character by Amalgam Comics superhero, who is combination of Marvel Comics' Iron Man and DC Comics' Green Lantern.

Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) Marvel I chose him as a solution to having squads in Marvel'scape. He is my favorite Havok led X-Factor member.

Power Girl (Kara Zor-L; AKA Karen Starr) DC, Is my first attempt at a DC character. I chose her for a really shallow reason, She reminds me of an XGF with the same style hair and body. She may be a little overpowered when compared to everyone elses Power Girl, Supergirl and Superman.

Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) Marvel Daughter of Magneto, Hero or Villian, Brotherhood or Avenger, Savior of reality or Destroyer.

Sentinel Template Army Card. You can see several Sentinels flying in the background. It uses the Purple/Purple Color Scheme. I will be makeing Blue/Grey, and a Blue/Purpl in the near future.

Yellow Jacket (Hank Pym) Marvel I used 2 cards to reflect the 2 versions of the "Pym Particles".

WORKS IN PROGRESS
Brood,

Galactus, Devourer of worlds,

Hawkeye,

Hulk, Bruce Banner, Grey Version

Jocasta, Bride of Ultron, Avenger

Mandarin,

Sentinels- NIMROD, Advanced Sentinel Alpha-3, Beta-7, Omega-4; Sentinel Trooper

TaskMaster,

Ultron,

Faction & Team Logos. Has any one else have the idea of using the Faction Logos from HeroCLIX in lieu of a General Symbol?

(L-R) Avengers, Magneto, Defenders, Hydra, Galactus, Fantastic 4, Masters of Evil, Doom, SHIELD

(L-R) Morlocks, Serpent Society, Sinister Syndicate, Skrulls, Spider-Man, X-Men, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimates

CLASSIC HEROSCAPE
Black Widow Natalia Romanova, known to most as Natasha Romanoff, is rumored to be a relative of
the Romanoffs, the last ruling czars of Russia, but nothing else is known of her family.
Natasha grew up wanting to be a ballet dancer but fate turned her into a Russian Operative known as the Black
Widow. Recently, Natasha became aware of the presence of another Black Widow, a younger woman named
Yelena Belova. Yelena was obsessed with being the sole Black Widow; the two Black Widows finally encountered each
other while attempting to retrieve the Endless Fury bio weapon created in Rhapistan, which exploded violently.
Summoned to Valhalla by Vydar Natasha feels right at home among the Nakita and Krav Maga.

Captain America On his way to an arraignment at the Federal Courthouse in New York City, Captain
America was shot in the right shoulder by a sniper's bullet. Several subsequent shots were fired point blank
at Rogers by Sharon Carter. Captain America was pronounced dead on arrival at Mercy Hospital.
Summoned to Valhalla by Jandar, Captain America carries on the crusade against evil. Captain America has
befriended SGT Drake Alexander, even calling him "Bucky" on a number of ocassions.

WWII Captain America WHAT IF Captain America wouldve died during WWII and was never Frozen? CPT A summoned to Valhala by Jandar,

HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Captain America © 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. All rights reserved.
Black Widow © 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. All rights reserved.

Revision History
Week ending 25 JAN 08
-Added Unit Card(s): Firelord, Hercules, Hulkbuster Iron Man
-Updated Unit/ArmyCard(s):

Week ending 04 JAN 08
- Updated Unit/ArmyCard(s): Jamie Madrox the Multiple Man
- Added Unit Card(s): Black Knight (Dane Whitman), Hank Pym (Yellow Jacket), Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)

Week ending 12 OCT 07
- Added Unit Card(s): Jamie Madrox the Multiple Man; Impy, The Impossible Man; Sentinels Template

Week ending
- Updated Unit/ArmyCard(s):
- Added Unit Card(s):
- Added Character's Bio:
Old October 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Multiple Man, Impy, Sentinel Blank, Faction Logos

1st up is Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man. I chose him as a solution to having squads in Marvel'scape. He is my favorite Havok led X-Factor member.

CLARIFICATION on Adjacent to eachother. Like the Roman Archers where ajacent means where they all can be in a straight line and not a triangle. As long as two Jamie Madroxs are adjacent they do not need to be "clustered".

Next Impy, The Impossible Man. I chose him for his instant evolution power which has the ability to copy almost anything he desire from a person, to a machine with working parts, to a rocket ship, and even the mighty Galactus himself.

CLARIFICATION: There is no default height or hit-zone since he will be just a token at the begining of game, and throughout the rest of the game he will be replaced with the rolled figure

Then, here's a Template I use for all my Sentinel Army Cards. You can see several Sentinels flying in the background. It uses the Purple/Purple Color Scheme. I will be makeing Blue/Grey, and a Blue/Purpl in the near future.

WORKS IN PROGRESS using my Sentinel blank. NIMROD, Advanced Sentinel Alpha-3, Beta-7, Omega-4; Sentinel Trooper

Faction & Team Logos. Has any one else have the idea of using the Faction Logos from HeroCLIX in lieu of a General Symbol?

(L-R) Avengers, Magneto, Defenders, Hydra, Galactus, Fantastic 4, Masters of Evil, Doom, SHIELD

(L-R) Morlocks, Serpent Society, Sinister Syndicate, Skrulls, Spider-Man, X-Men, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimates
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:29 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Jamie Maddox looks pretty cool, but wouldn't the card be named Multiple Man? Like Spider-Man's card is Spider-Man, not Peter Parker. Either way his name is Jamie Madrox .

For the abilities, Multiple Man is slightly confusing. I'd just have the first line say "Before intially placing Jamie Madrox on the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a ......" Then the second to last sentence doesn't make sense where it is. "You may not control more than 6 Jamie Madrox's at any given time," should be moved underneath Multiplcity 17 since it is the Multiplicity power that will give him the opportunity to control 6+ Madrox's. The last line should have an introductory phrase like, "During Jamie Madrox's turn, you may move and attack with any and/or all Jamie Madrox's that you control."

Multiplicity is cool in that you can choose which figures you want to clone and still attack with the others. I would just drop "cloned" before Jamie Madrox because it implies that there is some difference between the newly cloned ones and the original and it might cause some dis-clarity over which you can control on you turn. Actually since you can only clone with unengaged Madrox's and they have a range of one, why not say,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLICITY 17
Instead of attacking with an individual, unengaged Jamie Madrox, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher place a Jamie Madrox adjacent to the unengaged Jamie Madrox. Newly placed Jamie Maddox's may not move, attack, or use Multiplicity 17 this turn. You may use Multiplicity 17 with any and/or all unegaged Jamie Madrox's. You may not use Multiplicity 17 if you control 6 Jamie Madrox's.
I threw in the line about controling only 6 from above.

The personality and class traits are misssing, but you probably left them blank for lack of a correct term. Just point it out if that wasn't the case.

And finally, the points look pretty good, but probably a tad too high. With only 1 life, which needs to be the case, I think the Multiple Men could be destroyed quickly if a couple were engaged. Even with 2 or 3 able to attempt cloning a 17 or higher is only going to come up 1 out of 5 rolls and the 4 defense coupled with 1 life will not hold up long. I'd wait for testing, but my intial reaction is that he should be around 190.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Master Custom Creator

Black Knight, Dane Whitman

Hank Pym, Yellow Jacket

Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man.REWORK

Scarlet Witch
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Master Custom Creator

Firelord (Pyreus Kril) Marvel Herald of Galactus. Stats are a dupe of Silver Surfer's.

Hercules (Heracles) Marvel

HulkBuster Iron-Man (Tony Stark) Marvel.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:21 AM
Master Custom Creator

Here's what Ive been Playing around with...I thought GL HJ stats would be like L:4, M:4-5, R:1, A:3-4, D:3-4 Points aroud 200+. Then you would also have the following equip cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN LANTERN POWER RING
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITED POWER 10
Start the game with 10 Green Energy Markers on this card. You may use one ability per turn. Before using an ability on this card, remove an ammount of Green Energy Markers equal to cost. If there are no Green Energy Markers left on this card you may not use any ability on this card
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD ENHACEMENT
Green Lantern may add 2 spaces to movement, 5 spaces to range, an additional die when making a normal attack, 2 additional die when rolling defense, and Super Strength Special Power (See Page 7).
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOW IMPURITY
Green Lantern's roll 1 less die when s/he defends against an adjacent opponent or when attacking an opponent whom sculpt has any Yellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD WEAPONRY 2
COST 1: If Green Lantern is attacking an adjacent figure, you may add 2 dice to Green Lantern's attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
COST 2: Range 6, Attack 6. If an opponent's Unique Hero recieves at least one wound from Emerald Blast Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die.If you roll a 16 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero's Army Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD DRAIN
After using an ability, you may choose to use another ability at twice the cost. You may use this ability only once during a round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN LANTERN'S POWER BATTERY
During figure placement, place Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph adjacent to Green Lantern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECHARGE
If a Green Lantern is adjacent to the Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph, roll the 20-sided die:
*If you roll a 5 or higher, replace all 10 Green Energy Markers on this card.
Ive also played around with the idea of making the Power Battery a destructable object. Something like 4 life, 10 Defense, with the auto defense for objects.

Let me know what you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I especially like the idea of the power battery being a destructible glyph with a fixed location your GL would have to return to...
Though I think that just being adjacent to it and not moving and attacking instead of a D20 roll might work better since the recharging costs time, it isn't really luck dependent.
So should it be changed so that as long as a GL is adj. the recieve an "X" ammount of markers per turn?

Quote:
You would need to add the flying power to Emerald Enhancement, I'd think. Or, actually, you could just cover it with the Super strength and flying icons at the bottom of the card to save room. After all, Limited Power 10 specifies that if all markers are gone, you can't use ANY ability on the card. So that would include those indicated by icons at the bottom.
Well the "S" symbol will be on the official card. As for using the Flying Icon I havent got to the point of using it unless its gonna be official. Im trying to be as official as I can.

Quote:
It might be cool to give Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack some more flexibility so that the attack number was equal to the number of tokens you wanted to spend on it (with a cap, of course).
I was taking a stab in the dark when I came up with those 2. I'll try to rework it and see. Maybe somethink like Maj Q10? Spend 1 marker for 3 die or 2 for 6?

Quote:
My major concern is that 6 powers is way too much to fit on a single card. The major one I'd suggest losing is Yellow Impurity. I think it works better to just build that into the offense of yellow based Green Lantern enemies. Plus, I think it's going to get sticky if people have to start asking "now is this sculpt more gold or yellow or orange?"
Never thought of that.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly how Emerald Drain works, honestly. Since you'll likely need to stick with three or at absolute max four powers on the single card, you might want to lose that one as well.
Emerald Drain is like using "Overextend"

Quote:
The one thing I'd be sad to lose, though, is special movement/defense powers like the ones on some of my cards.
This was just a stab in the dark for a GL, Ring and PB.
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You're right, we should probably move this discussion over here ... So, I'll just repeat myself.

As much as it would add to the complexity of Green Lanterns, I wonder if it might not be worthwhile to have a series of "ability" cards, kind of like the power ring cards now, that all Green Lanterns can access, some might be for passive powers like defensive or movement based, which cost a certain amount per turn to keep a marker on, and some might be one time use powers, like the offensive ones here. Basically any Green Lantern could use those powers and that would free the actual Green Lantern card to just discuss the limited power source and the stat boosts from having the ring.
And it'd give you a place to put flying too, because if you're not going to use the icon, you've got to put it somewhere. If Green Lanterns do anything, they definitely fly.
I like the change for the power battery to be X amount of markers per turn are given back, yeah.
Your ideas for changing Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack sound good.
OK, I have a better idea about how Emerald Drain works, though I'm still not sure the wording is quite there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 5th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
Quote:
I know you like Batman and have done a Green Lantern. So what could you do with this?

GREEN LANTERN: SERIES 3: BATMAN AS A GREEN LANTERN Action Figure

The popular Green Lantern action figure line continues with a brand-new third series! The series features Cyborg Superman, Batman as a Green Lantern, Sinestro and Star Sapphire, all from Geoff Johns' historic run on GREEN LANTERN and featured prominently in the popular "Sinestro Corps War" story arc!

On Sale July 9, 2008

Found a better PIC.
Ooooh, that's nice. I'll probably see what happens in your thread to the Green Lanterns there before making a new version of the Dark Emerald Knight ...
Thats cool. Not too many people have even looked at my thread oh well. Ive been sick and had to stay out of work a day so I'll be trying to revise my GLs so as to include the Power Battery and Rings.
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I look forward to seeing/discussing what you come up with!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Master Custom Creator

I picked up Green Lantern Rebirth this past week and have read it a few times and just wanted to throw an Idea or two to the original postings.

Quote:
Here's what Ive been Playing around with...I thought GL HJ stats would be like L:4, M:4-5, R:1, A:3-4, D:3-4 Points aroud 200+. Then you would also have the following equip cards.
Don't think I'll change anything

GREEN LANTERN POWER RING
Quote:
As much as it would add to the complexity of Green Lanterns, I wonder if it might not be worthwhile to have a series of "ability" cards, kind of like the power ring cards now, that all Green Lanterns can access, some might be for passive powers like defensive or movement based, which cost a certain amount per turn to keep a marker on, and some might be one time use powers, like the offensive ones here.

Basically any Green Lantern could use those powers and that would free the actual Green Lantern card to just discuss the limited power source and the stat boosts from having the ring.

And it'd give you a place to put flying too, because if you're not going to use the icon, you've got to put it somewhere. If Green Lanterns do anything, they definitely fly.
Ive given some thought along these lines and also came up with a way to make a "Generic" Green Power Ring Card. Have you ever play Magic the Gathering? Have you ever played with the Vanguard cards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WotC
Vanguard cards are special over-sized Magic cards (3" x 5" as opposed to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") that offer a different way to play. Each card has an instruction that acts like a personal global enchantment, plus modifications to your starting/maximum hand size (in the left-hand circle) and life total (on the right).
So maybe if we just used 1 oversized Army Card or just designed a new card to reflect "Objects of Power" or etc... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITED POWER 10
Start the game with 10 Green Energy Markers on this card. You may use one ability per turn. Before using an ability on this card, remove an ammount of Green Energy Markers equal to cost. If there are no Green Energy Markers left on this card you may not use any ability on this card
There would have to be some playtesting done in this area to see if 10 is too many or few. Im thinking too few at this point.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD ENHACEMENT
Green Lantern may add 2 spaces to movement, 5 spaces to range, an additional die when making a normal attack, 2 additional die when rolling defense, and Super Strength Special Power (See Page 7).
You would need to add the flying power to Emerald Enhancement, I'd think. Or, actually, you could just cover it with the Super strength and flying icons at the bottom of the card to save room. After all, Limited Power 10 specifies that if all markers are gone, you can't use ANY ability on the card. So that would include those indicated by icons at the bottom.
Well the "S" symbol will be on the official card. As for using the Flying Icon I havent got to the point of using it unless its gonna be official. Im trying to be as official as I can.
I really dont know if Emerald Enhancement is actually a good name? But, If we do the Vanguard style then we would just limit the individual enhancements and powers.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOW IMPURITY
Green Lantern's roll 1 less die when s/he defends against an adjacent opponent or when attacking an opponent whom sculpt has any Yellow.
My major concern is that 6 powers is way too much to fit on a single card. The major one I'd suggest losing is Yellow Impurity. I think it works better to just build that into the offense of yellow based Green Lantern enemies. Plus, I think it's going to get sticky if people have to start asking "now is this sculpt more gold or yellow or orange?"
Never thought of that.
Dont know about this yet?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD WEAPONRY 2
COST 1: If Green Lantern is attacking an adjacent figure, you may add 2 dice to Green Lantern's attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
COST 2: Range 6, Attack 6. If an opponent's Unique Hero recieves at least one wound from Emerald Blast Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die.If you roll a 16 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero's Army Card
It might be cool to give Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack some more flexibility so that the attack number was equal to the number of tokens you wanted to spend on it (with a cap, of course).
I was taking a stab in the dark when I came up with those 2. I'll try to rework it and see. Maybe somethink like Maj Q10? Spend 1 marker for 3 die or 2 for 6?
Your ideas for changing Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack sound good.
Might be knixed, might not. I'll have to play around with the peripherial/abiility and Vanguard?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD DRAIN
After using an ability, you may choose to use another ability at twice the cost. You may use this ability only once during a round.
I'm not sure exactly how Emerald Drain works, honestly. Since you'll likely need to stick with three or at absolute max four powers on the single card, you might want to lose that one as well.
Emerald Drain is like using "Overextend"
OK, I have a better idea about how Emerald Drain works, though I'm still not sure the wording is quite there.
After reading Rebirth I realized that when Green Arrow used it he was in alot of pain, so Maybe your idea about wounding the figure isnt bad at all.

GREEN LANTERN'S POWER BATTERY
During figure placement, place Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph adjacent to Green Lantern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECHARGE
If a Green Lantern is adjacent to the Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph, roll the 20-sided die:
*If you roll a 5 or higher, replace all 10 Green Energy Markers on this card.
Quote:
Ive also played around with the idea of making the Power Battery a destructable object. Something like 4 life, 10 Defense, with the auto defense for objects.
I especially like the idea of the power battery being a destructible glyph with a fixed location your GL would have to return to...
Though I think that just being adjacent to it and not moving and attacking instead of a D20 roll might work better since the recharging costs time, it isn't really luck dependent.
So should it be changed so that as long as a GL is adj. the recieve an "X" ammount of markers per turn?
I like the change for the power battery to be X amount of markers per turn are given back, yeah.
All power rings need periodic recharging. The process is not instantaneous, so many Green Lanterns recite an oath while the ring charges. The oath is not required to charge the ring, but is recited to reaffirm the person's commitment to the Green Lantern Corps, and to measure the time it takes the ring to charge.

While many Green Lanterns create their own oath, the majority use Hal Jordan's oath as a sign of respect:

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight!
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
So after reading this and Rebirth maybe just one round with no action on the glyph would sufice?

Quote:
Quote:
The one thing I'd be sad to lose, though, is special movement/defense powers like the ones on some of my cards.
This was just a stab in the dark for a GL, Ring and PB.
Hmmm... Let me play around with the Vandguard idea. I would hate for Hal to give up his big Boxing Glove...
Old February 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM

The Vanguard idea sounds interesting. I had another idea that might save a little room, that you may or may not want to use now - but I'll get to that in a minute.
I think 10 might be a good number on limited power, but only if the power battery allows you to recharge fairly quickly. But we really need to figure out the powers and their costs before we can say for certain here, I think.
Emerald Enhancement sounds fine to me. It seems like the ring would give identical stat enhancements to any ring bearer, but what would differ is their original stats (based on species, personal physique, etc.)
Let's worry about the yellow weakness after we figure the rest out. I still think it's something you could build into GL enemies with yellow based powers. If you've read the Sinestro Corps, I'm not sure how much yellow impurities affect Green Lanterns anymore anyway ...
For the Emerald based attacks, I thought - what about making it one catch all attack, where both the range and attack were special, and you could add 1 to each number for each Green Energy Marker you use. If we stuck with Limited Power 10, this would mean an adjacent attack of 10 at most, or a range 10, attack 1 at the longest. But then you'd also sacrifice your personal enhancements, super strength, and flying by clearing your card. So it'd be an all out type of attack. If you think that 10 is too limiting there, though, we could always start him with more Green Energy Markers, and just put a cap for each category (range, attack) at 10.
We could just give GL a straight up Overextend power?
It seems like making GL wait an entire round with no action would make him a sitting duck for quite a while. I like the idea of having him get so many Markers back for every turn he waits without action (like 4 Markers?).
So, what all would we need to put on the Vanguard card?

Old February 28th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Master Custom Creator

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations