Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 5th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Yeah, Tentacle + Arrow Gruts doesn't feel right to me either. I suggest disabling that.

Why does the sorceror have a melee attack of 4?
Yeah...I just don't know what other class really fits though, and there's already a precedent for weird bonding like LEGOS with an alien dude and Dead Knights with AE's. Doesn't make thematic sense...but it still works and it's fun.

As for the Normal attack. I don't really have a good reason for that. Orginally I had him at 3att/3def, so when I moved the def down I decided to give him +1 att. That's really it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 5th, 2018, 01:35 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
This is a very mild comment on account of me not having the acumen to theorize about anything else, but since Shadow Summoning requires him to be unengaged then it should probably take place instead of attacking rather than after moving. You'll never be able to attack an enemy figure and summon on the same turn anyway, so changing it to replace the attack makes that fact a bit clearer while still functioning roughly the same.
Very good point. Nice catch.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 5th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

shadow made is clearly two powers hacked together to get around having to many powers per card. In fact the common heroes all seem to be really wordy for units where you could take turns with 4 different units.

I would highly recommend going back and making them all two (or less) simpler powers in the vein of the elementals or wyrmlings.

That said I love the theme. right now it does feel like you have lots of bells and whistles. If it was my design I would get rid of the re-casting and give the mage a way to do damage by destroying his creations like pelloth.

I would strait up get rid of shadowmade. Phantom walk is over used and lurk in the shadows make them good on shadow maps but is no use elsewhere. also unit table from range should be used sparingly otherwise it's a crutch for people who are not good with melee.

Im torn about how I feel about the interplay of units. Grab a unit to get it close, speed up the hound to engage and then boost your special attack. Seems neat but also a complicated turn with so many powers activating.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; October 5th, 2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old October 5th, 2018, 09:59 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I agree with pretty much everything wriggz said.

The beast bonding issue isn't about thematic weirdness; I don't want to give the arrow gruts a cheap board control option. They're good enough already.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 5th, 2018, 10:03 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd ditch shadowmade and just use Phantom Walk.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 5th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

First up, I really love pseudo-squads; I think they are a design space ripe for more stuff. And the overall concept here is good.

I have to agree that 4 Attack on Xundar feels unnecessarily strong. Xundar's value is in his summoning and control. Give him a 3 Attack and be done with it.

There is a lot of text here, but ultimately each is just a variation on an existing unit. That's a really good idea, as it keeps the complexity down, despite the wordiness. I have to agree with wriggz on Shadowmade, though. It's taking what is already two powers mashed together (Phantom Walk) and mashing in one or two more, making an overloaded power that's too much to read and explain to an opponent. The shadow stuff is great flavor, but you already have tons of flavor here. If you really feel the need to have a shadow-based power, make it a separate one, and stick to just one effect.

I really love how the powers are boosted by other Shadows being adjacent to the target. It makes for some really interesting decision-making. On top of that, Tentacle Grab really compounds that with great combo potential. I don't like how Tentacle Grab is automatic, though, it feels like it's too good for that.

I agree with those that dislike Beast as the Tentacle's class. Of all the Shadows that one is the weirdest, and most potent to include in a bonding army. Give it a unique class.
Old October 5th, 2018, 10:32 AM

Good feedback. I agree with Xundar's Attack to 3 and I can see what you mean by Beast bonding with the Gruts. Not that it's bonding weirdness but that they don't need to be any better. I get that. Any ideas on a "new" class for this odd creature? I'm having a hard time.

As for the Shadowmade ability, I was worried I might not have enough flavor which was mainly why I added it, but I can see that it's a little bit TOO much whereas Phantom Walk accomplishes the theme just fine. I have no problem coming back on that.

EDIT: I'm not concerned about the automatic Grab. Chainfighters have 6 move and the range is 3, and even then it's really high odds they get it. That's a much bigger threat range AND offensive potential ...so a 4 move tentacle that can grab from just 2 spaces away for an automatic grab doesn't seem so bad.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 5th, 2018, 11:05 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with the suggestions on replacing Shadowmade. Phantom Walk could accomplish the theme if you wanted another power, but Xundar and the sculpts alone adequately evoke the theme. I don't think it's needed, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
EDIT: I'm not concerned about the automatic Grab. Chainfighters have 6 move and the range is 3, and even then it's really high odds they get it. That's a much bigger threat range AND offensive potential ...so a 4 move tentacle that can grab from just 2 spaces away for an automatic grab doesn't seem so bad.
I disagree. The Chainfighter can only place figures on the same level and has few synergies to take full advantage of that, whereas the Binder could be the first turn of three and place the figure on any level, with the other two turns benefiting heavily from the automatic grab with their adjacency boosts. I think that a D20-roll makes sense in this context.
Old October 5th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
I disagree. The Chainfighter can only place figures on the same level and has few synergies to take full advantage of that, whereas the Binder could be the first turn of three and place the figure on any level, with the other two turns benefiting heavily from the automatic grab with their adjacency boosts. I think that a D20-roll makes sense in this context.
Yup to Astroking here. Also, you can take 3 turns with the Binders, and with no roll and no same-height limitations, you could easily steal a key figure and move it across the board, or dunk a key figure in lava, or steal a key figure from across the board and dunk it in lava. Definitely should have a D20 roll, and maybe a same-height restriction because even just moving it onto lower ground then hitting it with other shadows is pretty pretty good.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 5th, 2018, 03:47 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yup to Astroking here. Also, you can take 3 turns with the Binders, and with no roll and no same-height limitations, you could easily steal a key figure and move it across the board, or dunk a key figure in lava, or steal a key figure from across the board and dunk it in lava. Definitely should have a D20 roll, and maybe a same-height restriction because even just moving it onto lower ground then hitting it with other shadows is pretty pretty good.
I'd expect to see numerous playtests in your own customs thread that address this issue.

Old October 5th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'd expect to see numerous playtests in your own customs thread that address this issue.
I agree, there should be a d20 restriction. However I don't want to see a same level restriction. It's one of the things I find most restricting, and annoying about the chain fighter, who is otherwise my favorite official design. I do thing it should have a restriction though. Limit it to 1 level lower or higher. You might never actually want to place them higher, but if all the same level, or lower places are already occupied, I feel that 1 level higher should be an option.
Old October 5th, 2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I agree, there should be a d20 restriction. However I don't want to see a same level restriction. It's one of the things I find most restricting, and annoying about the chain fighter, who is otherwise my favorite official design. I do thing it should have a restriction though. Limit it to 1 level lower or higher. You might never actually want to place them higher, but if all the same level, or lower places are already occupied, I feel that 1 level higher should be an option.
Sure its annoying, but that is due to lava dunking. If you don't restrict it, you might find the it more annoying having to price him really high...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards