Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 9th, 2021, 08:50 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Yondu - Breathing

Updated SP, dropped Range to 1, dropped Mary Poppins power, changed wording of Enhanced Yaka Arrow.

Need to look at adding recruitment power and adding to pirate command.
Old July 9th, 2021, 09:58 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I really really like the mechanics of Margloth's power, but I can see why you might want to stay with his current power, it'd be a different direction.

If another Pirate leader comes in the future with bonding, Pirate Code would be sick for them. It is a faction that I'd like to see get some support.
Old July 9th, 2021, 10:47 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
I really really like the mechanics of Margloth's power, but I can see why you might want to stay with his current power, it'd be a different direction.

If another Pirate leader comes in the future with bonding, Pirate Code would be sick for them. It is a faction that I'd like to see get some support.
I definitely agree here. It's a cool power that should exist on some figure at some point.
Old July 9th, 2021, 10:49 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker

I think it's also important to point out that using his power to hit DOs and friendly figures can also be used to hit farther away opponents, which gives him a lot of options for how to approach dealing damage. I really like the implementation of the arrow power here.
Old July 9th, 2021, 11:50 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What about this, a mix of Captain America with Inspiration and OM flexibility.

PIRATE CAPTAIN
Instead of taking a turn with Yondu, you may take a turn with any Pirate Hero or Squad you control. While there is an Order Marker on this card, any Pirate you control adds 1 extra die to its normal attack and 1 extra die to its defense when that figure is within clear sight of Yondu. If Yondu receives one or more wounds, you may not use Pirate Captain the rest of the round, unless Yondu inflicts a wound on one or more figures.
Old July 10th, 2021, 08:07 AM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
What about this, a mix of Captain America with Inspiration and OM flexibility.

PIRATE CAPTAIN
Instead of taking a turn with Yondu, you may take a turn with any Pirate Hero or Squad you control. While there is an Order Marker on this card, any Pirate you control adds 1 extra die to its normal attack and 1 extra die to its defense when that figure is within clear sight of Yondu. If Yondu receives one or more wounds, you may not use Pirate Captain the rest of the round, unless Yondu inflicts a wound on one or more figures.
I think that makes him a little stronger than he should be. I'm not sure his character inspires others like Cap does.
Old July 10th, 2021, 08:24 AM

So I think my biggest issue with Pirate Code is that he needs to inflict a wound or he loses an order marker. He can only use his Arrow power once a round, at a roll of 11 or better, and at 5 life and 4 defense and no range, you're most like likely going to keep him out of melee to keep him alive. So the odds are he loses an order marker 50% of the time. I'm not sure how you would actually use him then. Do We drop the "once per round" limit on the Arrow power? That would make him stronger but also make the Code idea more useable.
Old July 10th, 2021, 08:32 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why did you cut his range? He would still use his arrow in any combat situation. I just saw his Yaka power as when he goes into "ultimate vengeance" mode, ala Vol. 2. Just change the name to YAKA ARROW FRENZY or something.

Also, the current write up is somebody I would rarely draft. Once per round I get to use his Yaka power (which has a 50% chance to do ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE), and once per round I get to attack with 3 commons. Not much making me want to pick up this card.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old July 10th, 2021, 08:39 AM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So Pirate Code as I wrote it only moves the order marker if he attacks and fails to inflict a wound. If he gains range back, you have to consider the following:

1) He gets to move and attack with a figure for each wound inflicted. If he gets a 2-3 wound hit, that could be quite a powerful momentum shift.
2) You don't lose the order marker, it just gets moved to (presumably) your lousiest pirate. Still not a total loss.
3) He could take a turn and choose not to attack, and prevent the order marker movement.
4) He could move and choose not to attack, and once per round use Yaka Arrow to still get the chance to inflict wounds, since the OM movement only triggers off attacking and failing to wound.
5) With 4 attack and 6 range, he can snipe from height at weak targets and likely get at least 1 wound.

If anything, I would fear the power might come in too swingy, on top of the swingy Yaka Arrow power, and make him very difficult to price (some games you could see him and his minions take down masses of mid- low-level heroes, sometimes they might just totally crap out).

Old July 10th, 2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Why did you cut his range? He would still use his arrow in any combat situation. I just saw his Yaka power as when he goes into "ultimate vengeance" mode, ala Vol. 2. Just change the name to YAKA ARROW FRENZY or something.

Also, the current write up is somebody I would rarely draft. Once per round I get to use his Yaka power (which has a 50% chance to do ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE), and once per round I get to attack with 3 commons. Not much making me want to pick up this card.
Hmm that is an interesting thought. We cut the range based on the fact that he never used the gun in the MCU. It was either the Arrow or a punch. But I like him have a ranged normal attack. Having the ranged attack gives you more reasons to place order markers on him for sure.

I was thinking about something like this, but if we add a ranged normal attack maybe it doesn't make sense, and dropping the Pirate Command

Pirate Code
At the start of the game, you may choose Mercenary, Thief or Assassin that you control. For the remainder of the game, that figure has the class of Pirate instead of what is listed on its card. After taking a turn with Yondu, for each wound he inflicted on an enemy figure, you may move or attack with a Pirate you control. At the end of the round, if Yondu attacked and did not inflict a wound on an enemy figure, choose an opponent to place any one Pirate you control, other than Yondu, in the start zone.

The idea being that someone is running away because of poor leadership.
Old July 10th, 2021, 08:45 AM

Ok I see where you are going. I was looking at the arrow power as the attack needing to do the wounds. You were looking at a normal attack not the special power needing to do the wounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
So Pirate Code as I wrote it only moves the order marker if he attacks and fails to inflict a wound. If he gains range back, you have to consider the following:

1) He gets to move and attack with a figure for each wound inflicted. If he gets a 2-3 wound hit, that could be quite a powerful momentum shift.
2) You don't lose the order marker, it just gets moved to (presumably) your lousiest pirate. Still not a total loss.
3) He could take a turn and choose not to attack, and prevent the order marker movement.
4) He could move and choose not to attack, and once per round use Yaka Arrow to still get the chance to inflict wounds, since the OM movement only triggers off attacking and failing to wound.
5) With 4 attack and 6 range, he can snipe from height at weak targets and likely get at least 1 wound.

If anything, I would fear the power might come in too swingy, on top of the swingy Yaka Arrow power, and make him very difficult to price (some games you could see him and his minions take down masses of mid- low-level heroes, sometimes they might just totally crap out).
Old July 10th, 2021, 08:45 AM

Oh, also note that Pirate Code as I wrote it would also trigger off wounds from Yaka Arrow, so you're talking a lot of extra moving and attacking potential once per round with NO threat of moving an order marker.

I think you're thinking too inside the box with the recruitment power. I can see why you would think he would recruit scalawags, but the point with Yondu is he literally has a HISTORY of KIDNAPPING youngsters and pressing them into his service.

Plus, forcing prisoners into the pirate crew is a well-known trope in pirate fiction (and actual history). It's not a huge stretch to think that someone like Daredevil was captured and forced to choose between joining the crew or "walking the plank" so to speak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library