Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 14th, 2021, 08:56 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Question. Beside Tyrian, have people suggested repurposing classic scape pieces for new characters? I have tons of extra raelins, krav, and Tarn that I could repaint. I know that others do as well. I have seen an anti raelin called Pestilence that removed defense dice. Stuff like that that would help reduce all of the extra ROTV figures that are floating around.
I for one would fully support this idea.
Old July 14th, 2021, 10:11 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Same, though I know it has been shot down a few times due to paint allergies
Old July 14th, 2021, 10:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Question. Beside Tyrian, have people suggested repurposing classic scape pieces for new characters? I have tons of extra raelins, krav, and Tarn that I could repaint. I know that others do as well. I have seen an anti raelin called Pestilence that removed defense dice. Stuff like that that would help reduce all of the extra ROTV figures that are floating around.
I for one would fully support this idea.
This old figures are not as plentiful as they once were. You may have 5 copies but others may not. That said repaints are in the DNA of the game. Even releases as rcent as Mad Dog is a repaint.

The design would still need to be top notch and prove availability beyond I have five at home.

On a personal note to me heroscape is the battle of all time. Adding another viking hero just for the sake of using an old figure won't cut it. If you are looking to fill a niche or really would like to represent a trope and have a great design it would be awesome.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 14th, 2021, 11:25 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I don't know. Personally in the 3D printing era I'd be much more open to classic Heroscape repaints. Things are more expensive now, but Tarn nowadays are still less than Protectors were when Tyrian came out. And with alternate venues of getting the figures increasingly available, it seems like a good design space. But of course the design would have to be good and justify itself.
Old July 15th, 2021, 12:10 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Wanted to pop in and again say thanks to all the SoV staff for all your playtesting work on new units.

I'm thinking out loud here, excited for movement on new units. Was surprised to see that the final positive votes on the last three inducted figures were in three-month intervals, June, March and December for Swaysil, Soontir and the Beakface Rogue, respectively. How long does final UF review take to produce a finalized card, usually?

Also wondering if decisive votes are soon to come for the almost-approved duo of Olog and Kate Crawford. Last votes on them were superfrog's votes from 14+ months ago.

Anyway.
Keep up the good work. Your efforts are appreciated.
Old July 15th, 2021, 07:04 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I can only post for myself, but I have one specific reason and one general for lenght of time.

The pandemic ate p lots of my time and mental resources. I got testing done between waves and now that we have been way down and vaccines are up here I've been making progress.

Generally it takes me a while. Depending on the unit I run a bunch of games scenarios sine until you see the unit preform in real condition s you done always understand interactions or even less how fun a unit is to play or play against (which is important). Neither side of the board should be consistently cursing a unit.

I also get an opinion from folks in my game group. I like to see what people not obsessed with the game think.

It's important to try and break a unit. Running against vipers to see if the multiple attack and run an army or against gorrillianators/iron golum to see if there are armies it is impossible to win against is important too. There are so many interactions.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 15th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

"Iron Gollum"... nice !

Spoiler Alert!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; July 15th, 2021 at 09:20 AM. Reason: .... ==> I'm out !
Old July 15th, 2021, 09:54 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I'm thinking out loud here, excited for movement on new units. Was surprised to see that the final positive votes on the last three inducted figures were in three-month intervals, June, March and December for Swaysil, Soontir and the Beakface Rogue, respectively. How long does final UF review take to produce a finalized card, usually?
Gives you an idea of how long designs take in C3V, which is more steps than finalizing an SoV unit. Each department is made of a number of individuals who are all volunteers, and aren't often available at the same time. So it's a slow back-and-forth through forum posts.
Old July 15th, 2021, 01:35 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Gives you an idea of how long designs take in C3V, which is more steps than finalizing an SoV unit. Each department is made of a number of individuals who are all volunteers, and aren't often available at the same time. So it's a slow back-and-forth through forum posts.
Yep. Jonah Hex / Capt. Blount's mini was announced back in Winter 2013. Hope he'll make an appearance this C3V wave as well.

SoV's process has consistently been 3 inducted figures annually, more with the Shadows faction.
Old July 15th, 2021, 09:17 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ouch... that's 8 YEARS.

Like, that's quite a process if you have a backlog that long.
Old July 15th, 2021, 09:28 PM

That's when the Jonah Hex 3-pack was initially announced. Creating a fully-statted figure is tricky sometimes. Capt. Blount & the Makwa Bowman are the only two slowpoke designs pending full release; all other unreleased designs are considerably more current.
Old July 15th, 2021, 09:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

It's not necessarily a backlog. Some things move back and forth in the process, meaning plenty of stuff younger than 8 years has been released since then.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs