Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2015, 10:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

This is amazing, guys. Great work!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 4th, 2015, 02:18 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnover95 View Post
I'm going back to college in two weeks and I believe students have free access to a 3D scanner on campus. I can check around when I get there to see what the deal with that is. Do the scans have to be any specific file type?
That would be wonderfull. For the format, the simpler would be to tell us what formats the scanner can produce, and then I'll be able to tell you which one would be the better (simply put, we need a format that contains textures, and that Blender can read).

@Spuke Boy told me that the links in the OP were all pointing on the same data, the Wave 1 data. It is now corrected. Thanks
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:25 PM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just tried out all the new models and they look wonderful! I also verified that the HAC creates valid names for all of them when exporting .hsa files.

By the way, the text under "4) Army File" in the OP hasn't been updated to the new sets yet.

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old August 5th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This fall I should be able to scan some figures.
Old August 5th, 2015, 02:44 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
Just tried out all the new models and they look wonderful! I also verified that the HAC creates valid names for all of them when exporting .hsa files.

By the way, the text under "4) Army File" in the OP hasn't been updated to the new sets yet.
Great !
I updated the "4) Army File" section of the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
This fall I should be able to scan some figures.
That would be super cool !
Old August 5th, 2015, 12:52 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Question: While I doubt it is possible, it would still be immensely cool if you can play HS games against the computer.
Is there any way this could work in HexScape?
~TGRF.
Old August 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Question: While I doubt it is possible, it would still be immensely cool if you can play HS games against the computer.
~TGRF.
No sorry

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 5th, 2015, 09:16 PM

Phries is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

HexScape is awesome, just checked it out.

Lyrgard, what are your plans for it in terms of programming? I just started using java again for work and would love to help out in some way.
Old August 6th, 2015, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
~TGRF.
As Kinseth replied, it is currently not possible to play games against the computer with HexScape.
However, it is doable to make a program that would allow that.
To keep things simple, HexScape is in fact 2 software.
The server (that run on only one computer) and the client (that users download and run). Both communicathe through messages. The client send messages like "I moved piece X to THIS position", "I entered THIS text into the chatbox" or "I want to roll X dice of type Y".
The server receive those messages and transfer them to the appropriate players (mainly the others players in the game), keep a state of the game, and sometime do something (for instance, it hides to the others players the real content of hidden order markers, and it is the server that do the random for dice results)

So nothing is preventing someone from creating another type of client that will listen and send message to the server automatically to behave like a real player.
In fact, the hardest part would be to make this program play in a way that is a challenge and not randomly moving figure on the board XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phries View Post
HexScape is awesome, just checked it out.

Lyrgard, what are your plans for it in terms of programming? I just started using java again for work and would love to help out in some way.
First, welcome back on Heroscapers !

HexScape is free and open source. Its code can be find on github at https://github.com/lyrgard/Hexscape, and it will stay like that. When you say you checked it out, do you mean you checked the sources out ?

In term of programming :

- I'm currently working on a new GUI system, that is really more customizable (but also more low-level) than the current (currently, it uses basic Swing, I'm porting it to Nifty Gui). Nearly all is done, apart the online screen (with the big chat and the list of the games)

- next I'll go back to add more functionnalities to HexScape. I have a lot of ideas. From the top of my head, a replay functionnality (will allow to effortlessly have a battle report !), the possibility to add custom decor piece (I know the guys at C3G would LOVE to add building !), the possibility to automatically share Army cards (Says I made a custom and want to try it out with someone on HexScape, he will be able to download it directly, without needing me to make an asset file, sending to him and him importing it), and lots and lots of ideas

- As usual, working on any bug or enhancement needed.

If you want to help out with the developpement (which would be greatly appreciated), I think the first thing would be for you to fork the project on github, get the sources, compile them and see if you manage to launch HexScape from that. I'd would happily discuss any problem or question you could have by pm. Then, if you feel confident, you could do some work on your fork, and then send me some pull requests to integrate your changes into HexScape. How does that sound to you ?
Old August 6th, 2015, 01:12 PM

Phries is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sounds good. I haven't dove into the code yet but I saw the 'nifty' version on github and wondered what it was so thanks for clearing that up.

How do you find the framerate when you run HexScape? Java and unoptimized 3d can be a recipe for disaster.

My background is in cg so the first thing I am going to be looking at is the controls and learn about jMonkeyEngine. Hopefully it won't be long before I can start contributing.

I will probably start fleshing out the github wiki for co-ordinating development as well.
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:02 AM

You're warmly welcome if you want to contribute. Be warned however that this is my first 3D project, so the code is perhaps not state-of-the-art-y. But I'm open to any refactoring to better the code.

To display FPS, you need to uncomment the line "stateManager.attach(new StatsAppState());" in the constructor of class fr.lyrgard.hexScape.HexScapeJme3Application
I just added a more convenient way to do that in the nifty branch :
if a system parameter named "displayStats" is set to true (-DdisplayStats=true for instance), then the stats (FPS and others stats) will be displayed.

This discussion is probably a little too boring and technicall for most folks here. We should continue by pm I think.

On another matter, Cosmak opened a ticket to tell me there was a problem with the ArrowGrut2 figure in the Wave1 model, and he was right.
A new version of the Wave1 Asset has been released, which correct the problem. Just download it and import it, it will overwrite any previous Wave1 data.
Old August 8th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Incredible project. This very well could be the future of Heroscape.
If you can get into creating more customizable terrain, like buildings(outside would be great but interiors opens up more possibilities), caverns, or an Ewok village and this could be the premier way to play.
Best of luck.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software