Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:43 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: North Carolina Scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
I have been in Capitol Comics on Glenwood and unless they have a back room that they open up for gaming there is no room for gaming tables there. This is turning out to be a very bad time to find a gaming shop in Raleigh to play at. We have lost Last Goblin, Hobby-Masters and Amazing Tales since January.
What happened to Hobby Masters? I was in there awhile back and they said they were relocating to save on rent...did that not happen? Their website is still up and still says they are at the old location.

Have you been by to see if they are there and if there is any info on the door?

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

I saw Larry Jr. at Spring Fever and he said that the loan from the bank did not come through. He hopes to reopen in the near future. I have been by the old location and it is a dead hole with no information on the doors. Rick at Foundation's Edge has not heard anything from Larry dispite the fact that they go back about 20 years and I asked Larry at Spring Fever to contact Rick.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

Where is the All Fun and Games located in cary?

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

Hey Griffin have you heard any thing else about the group meeting at AFnG or anywhere else for that matter? I am still up for meeting at my place on a regular basis also but would like to get involved with the gang again.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

It is pretty much split up right now. The "gang" is currently discussing what to do next. I don't have a clue.
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
Where is the All Fun and Games located in cary?
http://www.allfunngames.com/

There are directions on their site.
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sci-fi Genre is a good location for us as far as driving goes. I do wish that it wasn't quite so dim in there, I got spoiled by the nice bright and high ceilings in Billy's shop.

We haven't yet made it to Sci-fi Genre's Monday board game night, and we were discussing last night that Monday nights are just bad for us with regards to gaming anyway.

Since my mother's day plans only involve phone calls to the various mother figures in my life, I'd be up for playing some Heroscape on sunday. I'll need to double check with Elstree that we didn't already make some plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
Bunjee, are there any places to play in Durham? I'll be commuting to Duke starting in August and would love to meet up with you and Elstree (and anyone else for that matter) sometime, depending on what time my classes are/what time you guys work.
We'll definitely need to get the Durham gamers together on a regular basis. My work schedule is pretty flexible. Elstree usually gets home between 6-7pm.
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Yeah we sould get something going here in Durham. You guys would see a lot more of me if I didn't have to drive an hour each way.

Anyways I have Tuesday and Thursday nights free and am willing to bring maps or whatever to SFG.
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, dropped by AF&G last night and played a couple games with Oliver and West, the latter of whom I'm bullying to get onto the forum already. It is unquestionably a great space, and I would totally be up for hanging out there. The major change in distance is a bit of a sticking point, depending on where you live, of course. Bunjee and Elstree, AF&G is actually only about 3 miles further from Durham than Amazing Tales' location, but I can see how any increase at all might be a pain in the butt to adjust to. If nothing else, I would highly recommend AF&G as a candidate for future tournaments / major events, as they do have tons of table space.

The only other location I've come up with so far is the Wake County Library at Cameron Village. They have rooms available for reservation, and they would be very nerd-friendly. The only issue is that they're only open until 9 on weeknights and 5 on weekends. I might ask if those are hard closing times, but I doubt we'd get much later than that. I'm okay with weeknight gaming, say on Fridays, but the 9:00 closing time is a bit of a bummer. If we could even get 10:00, I'd feel completely different.

If the library is no good, then it's a matter of finding yet another as-yet-unconsidered location. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Yea. I once thought about doing something at the librarys. The other problem is we may not always be able to get a room. Someone might reserve it before us, or the library would let them have it.

I live in really north Raleigh so, AFnG is a little far for me. I agree with Elstree about The Royal Bean. Though it at least is a place to play, its not really cozy or comfortable to me.

Im sorry everyone that I haven't been able to make it to any games lately. Sunday is been an inconvenient day for me lately. If there was a location a bit closer to me, I'd totally make it way more often.

Old May 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We're willing to try for AF&G, though weeknights there are unlikely, just like we didn't make week nights at Amazing Tales.
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM

NC_Hero is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
We're willing to try for AF&G, though weeknights there are unlikely, just like we didn't make week nights at Amazing Tales.
I agree about the weeknights, mine are busy.

Heroscape was the perfect way to end the Weekend. I loved Sunday HS night and a BIG shout out to Amazing_Tales for letting us play in his shop. I've met a lot of great people through the HS game nights. Now I guess we know how hard it's going to be to duplicate that atmosphere.

The problem with AF&G on the weekend is that they are very busy with Magic and CCG's. I don't think there is enough space left over for us...at least from what I've seen on the Saturdays. But, it couldn't hurt if someone were to ask about Sunday. Oliver do you know?

I was talking with Granite two weeks ago about hosting at my house but, unfortunately I only have space for 8 heroscape players. I have two tables that can hold two maps each. But even that, that would be very crowded if you include 8 players worth of heroscape figures and containers.

On a side note if you guys want to start hosting private events, I am an assistant organizer for the Triangle Strategy Games Meetup group and can put them on the calendar. (www.meetup.com)

-NCH

- NC_Hero

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers