Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old July 12th, 2020, 05:18 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

If that doesn't work, I can do research on how to set up your own server. The original programmer said that it's easy.
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:28 PM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
If that doesn't work, I can do research on how to set up your own server. The original programmer said that it's easy.
If you would be so kind. I downloaded the server2.0.0 file and i tried opening with Java. Didn't seem to do much.

I'd love to be able to play this with my buddies seeing as in person scape is kinda impossible right now

This appears to be the problem:

17:48:35.731 [main] WARN o.e.j.u.component.AbstractLifeCycle - FAILED org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server@9e0f5d: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_251]
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_251]
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_251]
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_251]
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_251]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.open(ServerConnector.java:279 ) ~[HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractNetworkConnector.doStart(AbstractNetw orkConnector.java:80) ~[HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java: 21 ~[HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeC ycle.java:6 ~[HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:336) ~[HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeC ycle.java:6 ~[HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at fr.lyrgard.hexscape.server.network.ServerNetwork.start(ServerNetwork.j ava:3 [HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at fr.lyrgard.hexScape.server.HexScapeServer.start(HexScapeServer.java:84 ) [HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
at fr.lyrgard.hexScape.server.HexScapeServer.main(HexScapeServer.java:60) [HexScape_Server-2.0.0-alpha.jar:na]
17:48:35.732 [main] ERROR f.l.hexScape.server.HexScapeServer - Error while trying to start server with port : 4242
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

Last edited by the1whoknoxx; July 12th, 2020 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Additional Context
Old July 13th, 2020, 07:58 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

It's trying to use an ip address already allocated on your system. I'm opening up the files right now to take a look. Do you know if the original programmer has the source files? If not, I can try to decompile them.
Old July 13th, 2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
It's trying to use an ip address already allocated on your system. I'm opening up the files right now to take a look. Do you know if the original programmer has the source files? If not, I can try to decompile them.
I think the source files are on github. I can't remember how I found them but i remember seeing them there at one point.
Old July 13th, 2020, 11:55 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe I found the source code here
I'm very excited this is getting looked at!
Old July 19th, 2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I believe I found the source code here
I'm very excited this is getting looked at!
Yup, that's the source code!!!
Old July 23rd, 2020, 12:10 AM

Sweet! I'll open it up this weekend and take a look. I did get it running, but need to test it out.
Old July 23rd, 2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Sweet! I'll open it up this weekend and take a look. I did get it running, but need to test it out.
You're a gentleman and a scholar!
Old August 2nd, 2020, 02:18 PM

Any progress????
Old August 3rd, 2020, 09:43 PM

Skulljack has disabled reputation

Has anyone been able to get this running on a Mac? I've been working and am unable to get it to work, but someone in the previous thread said they were able to. When I try to start a game from a .hsc file, all I get is what looks like a 360 degree image of clouds or something, but no heroscape tiles. However, if I load the .hsc file in the hexagonal chess configuration, the tiles will load in without textures or the special terrain parts. It also doesn't seem like installing the .jar creates any "asset" folder anywhere on my computer that I'm able to access.
Old August 7th, 2020, 06:29 PM

I was able to get it running, but working with WhiteKnight I was unable to get him to connect through my firewall. I'm going to try and put some more logging in and make it a bit more user friendly.
Old August 7th, 2020, 09:13 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I was able to get it running, but working with WhiteKnight I was unable to get him to connect through my firewall. I'm going to try and put some more logging in and make it a bit more user friendly.
Thank you so much for taking this on!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software