Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 15th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well... the first three or four were available pretty much on top of each other and I consumed them kinda like a literary popcorn. But just like popcorn, there wasn't much substance and once I actually had to wait for the next book in the series I found I neither remembered enough about the books to follow into the next nor did I really have much desire to do so.

~Aldin, who feels that he could easily pick up and enjoy the next book if it happened to be sitting in front of him

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Book: Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini - Book

I can't wait for the third book.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM

fraz the gr8 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

12 days until book three. I am currently reading books one and two, only 900 pages left.
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

10 days left!

Riddler
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I too am looking forward to this book. I loved the first two and hope this keeps the same feeling. The movie was lame though. Blah!
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
I too am looking forward to this book. I loved the first two and hope this keeps the same feeling. The movie was lame though. Blah!
It would have been pure awesomeness if there had been no books for it.

Riddler
Old September 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

I just heard that Paolini is not going to end the series at book three. He said that the story had gotten so big, that he thought that it would be more proper to finish of the series with a fourth book. He also said that a nice way to end the first book was to kill off one of the major characters, although he won't say who it is. So now the trilogy will be a quadrilogy (did I just make up a word?). I read Eragon and Eldest. I thought that Eragon was definitely the better of the two. I agree with so many of the other members who have said that the entire series is borrowed HEAVILY from other fiction like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and others. Despite that, the first book was okay and fairly enjoyable to read. Eldest however was just plain weird. I HATE Paolini's elves! I like my elves mysterious and skilled in war like LotR elves but the elves in Eldest were more akin to fairy tale type things. There was WAY to much magic for my tastes. I hope that it is toned down in the future.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
I just heard that Paolini is not going to end the series at book three. He said that the story had gotten so big, that he thought that it would be more proper to finish of the series with a fourth book. He also said that a nice way to end the first book was to kill off one of the major characters, although he won't say who it is. So now the trilogy will be a quadrilogy (did I just make up a word?). I read Eragon and Eldest. I thought that Eragon was definitely the better of the two. I agree with so many of the other members who have said that the entire series is borrowed HEAVILY from other fiction like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and others. Despite that, the first book was okay and fairly enjoyable to read. Eldest however was just plain weird. I HATE Paolini's elves! I like my elves mysterious and skilled in war like LotR elves but the elves in Eldest were more akin to fairy tale type things. There was WAY to much magic for my tastes. I hope that it is toned down in the future.

Yes, I've known about this for some time now. Here's a site with tons of information about Inheritance http://www.shurtugal.com/?id=trilogy/book3/index

Enjoy!

The first book was by far superior than the second. However, that doesn't diminish my hopes for the third.

And one last thing. He also said that someone would become pregnant.

</IMG>
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I've known about this for some time now. Here's a site with tons of information about Inheritance http://www.shurtugal.com/?id=trilogy/book3/index

Enjoy!

The first book was by far superior than the second. However, that doesn't diminish my hopes for the third.

</IMG>
Reeeeeeeeaaaaaallly? Maybe Eragon finally hooks up with the elf girl. I was SO dissapointed with her in the movie. Not anywhere near as pretty as the books describe her.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

More likely, it will be that girl that Roran married.

Riddler
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy!

</IMG>
Reeeeeeeeaaaaaallly? Maybe Eragon finally hooks up with the elf girl. I was SO dissapointed with her in the movie. Not anywhere near as pretty as the books describe her.

I was dissapointed in the whole movie in general. Who makes big dwarfs? Lame. Other than that I did like Saphira. She was great. If they were to do another one they would really need to step it up a lot.
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:04 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

The Eragon movie is in the running for the worst movie I have EVER seen. I love the books, and it pained me to watch it. It butchered, raped, and murdered the book. It also couldnt have a sequal because 95% of the book was not in the movie, and Eldest would be missing many key parts. The only thing I liked was Brom. HE was pretty cool. The rest sucked hard. I hope they remake it, all new cast, all new everything. And have Paolini direct. He wouldnt rape his own book, he loves it, like a son. Who would rape their son?

My Signature

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books