Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old August 1st, 2020, 08:40 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
No worries, Splash. You will be welcome to help out whenever you have time.

My wife just had a baby!

I will have time to catch up in the next week or two
Contragulations Caps!
Old August 8th, 2020, 07:29 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hi all, sorry for the extended absence. I should have more time again for work on HoME now that Online Con is finished.

Quote:
All customs projects have an ebb and flow, and the ones that die are the ones that don't start flowing again after an ebb.
Ready for flow!

I went through the fellowship B threads and posted my thoughts on where they're at / some quick updates / a few new ideas for Ugluk & the unique squad. Hopefully we can get those threads started back up again.

Quote:
My wife just had a baby!
Congrats!
Old August 9th, 2020, 02:53 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Excellent, let's get cracking Chris

Old August 22nd, 2020, 01:56 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I had a very different idea for what Paternity Leave would be like than what it has actually been like. I will try to check in again soon. Ironically it might be when I get more of a routine with going back go work before I'm able to post consistently again.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 24th, 2020, 03:03 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No worries! I'm sure we will all be here and ready to pick stuff up.
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:02 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Glad to see that Fellowship B is moving along strong!

--
--
--

--
Old September 15th, 2020, 10:43 AM

We need to decide on Moria _____ vs _____ of Moria

e.g.
Moria Cave Troll vs Cave Troll of Moria
Moria Orcs vs Orcs of Moria
etc.

Any preferences?
@White Knight @Ronin @infectedsloth @Ninja Status

I know I'm probably missing someone... sorry

_____ of Moria
@Splash
@Chris Perkins
@TREX
@capsocrates
@Shiftrex
@MasterScaper1

Moria _____

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; October 7th, 2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old September 15th, 2020, 11:37 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like "Moria ___" (Moria Cave Troll & Moria Orcs) better for 2 reasons:

1) Shorter name. Always nice to go with shorter version for fitting on a card when possible.
2) Alphabetical books group similar cards with either bonding or auras together better with this method. Moria Cave Troll & Moria Orcs are a lot more likely to be the same army than Moria Orcs and Mordor Orcs (not a great example because Moria & Mordor both start with an 'M', but still...)

Edit: I'm changing my vote to "X of Y" for the reasons articulated below by Splash & TREX. I'm convinced by them that the dual in-world rationale of 'Scape & LOTR is more important that the benefits of shorter & alphabetized better.

Leaving my original thoughts in strikethrough above for preservation of the discussion.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; September 15th, 2020 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Convincing arguments from Splash & TREX
Old September 15th, 2020, 05:19 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"___ of ____" is more in theme with classic 'Scape (Shades of Bleakewoode, Zombies of Morindan), just my two cents.
Thanks for calling me up!
Old September 15th, 2020, 05:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Im not part of this group but am a big fan of LoTR so take it for what it is worth. Examples of terminology from their world.
1. Men of Gondor, soldiers of gondor
2. Riders of rohan
3. Orcs of moria
4. Orcs of mordor
5. Ranger of the north
6. Hobbits of the shire
The terminology "of" is used extensively in middle earth if that is something you want to preserve. I can see wanting to shorten the names for card creation. I prefer the tone and flavor of the world that the characters are from to come through on their card representation. Carry on gentlemen and good luck on your project.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 15th, 2020, 05:45 PM

Splash & Trex convinced me, I'm changing my vote to "X of Y".
Old September 16th, 2020, 10:45 AM

That is persuasive to me also. I'll start a tally in the post I made.

Trex you are welcome to contribute to whatever degree you choose

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs