Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old July 28th, 2020, 06:33 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Valhalla or Feylund, I don't think it super matters.
@flameslayer93

Also let's vote for editing
Old July 29th, 2020, 09:04 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm fine with editing, as long as its okay that we haven't 100% nailed down the left-box stats yet.

I had initially suggested the following stats as a starting point for discussion:

Quote:
Durnipia
Einar/Feylund
Aquan?
Unique Hero
Priestess
Merciful?
Medium (probably 5)
Would we also want to take this opportunity to make the wording for Carried By Waves more similar in syntax to Re-Tak-Shi's Swamp Ooze ability? A reworded Carried By Waves could look something like this:

Quote:
CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Durnipia that are no more than 5 levels above or below Durnipia's base are considered water spaces. Durnipia and friendly figures who start their move adjacent to Durnipia do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.
Old July 30th, 2020, 05:00 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Sorry, I realized I hadn't commented on leftbox stats!

That list looks good for leftbox. No synergy that I can see, which in this case was good.

I also just noticed the taking-out of "start or end" - I'd like to ask a rules person when we get to editing if that's feasible. We very well could run into a Kozuke situation.
Old July 30th, 2020, 07:59 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Sorry, I realized I hadn't commented on leftbox stats!

That list looks good for leftbox. No synergy that I can see, which in this case was good.

I also just noticed the taking-out of "start or end" - I'd like to ask a rules person when we get to editing if that's feasible. We very well could run into a Kozuke situation.
Right, I had suggested that the "start or end" wording be removed from "CARRIED BY WAVES" specifically in order to avoid a Kozuke situation. However, if a rules person thinks there is a way to grant the water movement ability to figures that end their turn adjacent to Durnipia, I'd be happy to give her that functionality (I'd prefer it actually, provided that it didn't cause rules problems; however I'm doubtful about whether those issues could be avoided).

As far as leftbox stats go, I think the species "Aquan" is serviceable, although I'd be open to other ideas as I'm not in love with it as a new species.

I'd also slightly prefer for a personality other than "merciful" if only to distinguish her a little more from Kelda. However, I couldn't think of something appropriate at the time so threw merciful in there as a placeholder.

Theoretically, could leftbox stats be changed after editing, provided the changes didn't raise any new synergy implications?
Old July 31st, 2020, 06:12 PM

I think so. Our process is a little more fluid than VC's.

Stoic, unyielding?
Old August 1st, 2020, 07:10 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Slavic mythos, anybody?

Would
Rusalka Rusalka
work?

Quote:
from wikipedia
According to Vladimir Propp, the original "rusalka" was an appellation used by pagan Slavic peoples, who linked them with fertility and did not consider rusalki evil before the 19th century. They came out of the water in the spring to transfer life-giving moisture to the fields and thus helped nurture the crops.

[{snip}

Modern popular culture

Regarding representations of the rusalka in modern popular culture, folklorist Natalie Kononenko says, "the currently dominant presents her as something like a mermaid, though she is pictured as having legs rather than a fish tail ... The current view of the rusalka as a seductive or seduced woman was probably influenced by written literature. In the past, her image was more complex and she more closely resembled a nature spirit, found not only near water but in fields, forests, and mountains, rather like the vila ...".
This would help explain why she summons water and the healing. Also, being humanoid.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 1st, 2020, 05:54 PM

I like this. While I'm a little disappointed that it leans more into a mystical angle rather than the alien vibe, I do really like how it also ties in with Feylund's tendency of borrowing mythological species from earth.
Old August 5th, 2020, 02:31 PM

I'm still satisfied with using Durnipia, but if we wanted to go with the mythos angle, having a pre-existing mythical creature would soften the blow for me.
Old August 5th, 2020, 04:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Whose to say her name isn’t Durnipia?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 13th, 2020, 04:20 PM

We chatted about this in discord - to bring the chat onto the board here, I had misunderstood. I would be happy to have her be a pre-existing mythological figure with the name Durnipia. Are we good to finalize design here?
Old August 13th, 2020, 05:07 PM

I think we're in a good place to finalize the design. Here's a recap of where I think we're at. I added the personality "Inscrutable" as I thought that fits a mythological nymph-like creature from Feylund better than any of the other suggestions (merciful, stoic, or unyielding). However, if others feel otherwise I don't have a strong preference one way or the other and would still love to hear other options.

It also features my proposed change to Carried by Waves to make the wording more consistent with the precedent set by Re Tak Shi.

Quote:
EINAR
Durnipia
Rusalka
Unique Hero
Nymph???
Inscrutable
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3

POINTS 80

CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Durnipia that are no more than 5 levels above or below Durnipia's base are considered water spaces. Durnipia and friendly figures who start their move adjacent to Durnipia do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Durnipia, you may roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card.
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:25 AM
I could go

Inscrutable seems like a pretty reasonable personality for her, plus its not exactly used a bunch.

Not too sure about the class yet. Nymph can work, and it would make it easier to discern what a Rusalka is.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs