Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old November 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
BTW, does anyone ever read Steve Kerr's columns on Yahoo Sports? I think he's right on with a lot of stuff. They're always a good read.
What's the link?

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old November 7th, 2006, 01:50 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
Quote:
BTW, does anyone ever read Steve Kerr's columns on Yahoo Sports? I think he's right on with a lot of stuff. They're always a good read.
What's the link?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylt=Aru...b4vdCosPM5nYcB

Right in the middle, under "Featured Opinion". He's on atleast once a week, maybe more.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
The Kings horde of fans generally think he's terrible, and passes off popular opinion for analysis.
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's going to be a long year for Mavs fans.
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:17 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
It's going to be a long year for Mavs fans.
Why?
Is there any reason to suspect they won;t go far in the playoffs?
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Why?
I don't think so. There are a couple teams who will mesh a bit later in the season to finish strong, and I think the Mavs are one of them. Same with the Suns... maybe.

For the Suns, they need to strictly evaluate Amare's progress (or lack of), as well as his attitude. It's one thing for a superstar player to say he's cool with the coaching decision to place him on the bench as a sixth man. But internally with a player of such caliber and ego, his words can be deceiving.

I'm not at all surprised at Amare's lack of prowess on the court. Taking a blow like he took can shake a player mentally. Add to that having to sit out a year doing nothing but painful rehab, your team develops a new style of play that works amazingly well without you, and then you come back to play second fiddle to a role player like Kurt Thomas. Ouch...

This will definitely be an interesting season for the Suns.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:43 PM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
The Kings horde of fans generally think he's terrible, and passes off popular opinion for analysis.
Really? But everyone knows not to take King's fans seriously.
I like his columns. I don't really think Kerr shows anymore bias then other writers. Well, maybe to the Spurs.

Speaking of the Kings Reaper, how are they looking this year? I gotta say, I think there golden opportunity passed them buy a couple of years ago. When they had Webber, Divac, Christie, Bibby, Bobby Jackson, Peja and some others on the floor, they were real nasty. Of course, that's when the Western Conference as a whole was a ton better than the Eastern Conference. Now i'm not so sure. You guys have Artest, he's good when he's stable. Shareef Abdur-Rahim isn't bad, but he doesn't get the points or re-bounds he used to. Not that he was a machine before, but he was good. Then again, maybe the Kings system doesn't require him to play the same way. Bibby's a solid PG. Brad Miller isn't bad, but it seems like he is injured a lot. Bunch of role-players, Corliss, Mo Taylor, Kenny Thomas(who I think has some spurts of pretty good ball-play).
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Why?
I don't think so. There are a couple teams who will mesh a bit later in the season to finish strong, and I think the Mavs are one of them. Same with the Suns... maybe.

For the Suns, they need to strictly evaluate Amare's progress (or lack of), as well as his attitude. It's one thing for a superstar player to say he's cool with the coaching decision to place him on the bench as a sixth man. But internally with a player of such caliber and ego, his words can be deceiving.

I'm not at all surprised at Amare's lack of prowess on the court. Taking a blow like he took can shake a player mentally. Add to that having to sit out a year doing nothing but painful rehab, your team develops a new style of play that works amazingly well without you, and then you come back to play second fiddle to a role player like Kurt Thomas. Ouch...

This will definitely be an interesting season for the Suns.
Thank GOD the Knicks don't have Kurt Thomas anymore. He commits dumb and pointless fouls......constantly. I think he was the #1 most fouled out player a couple years back. Maybe even two years in a row, and the guy NEVER smiles. We nick-named him "Angry Man".
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
I think the Kings blew their chances a few years ago. Their window closed and I'm not sure it's going to open again for several more years.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old November 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
has been BANNED

Well, for the record, the Kings didn;t blow their chances - (more accurately, Webber blew his knee out ) & they played their asses off and got their title stolen from them by a league that didn;t value up-tempo, unselfish team play back in '02 when the only thing that was important was having a "big market team" in the playoffs.

Unless you were a Kings fan or really followed the game, you can't know how back-breaking losing to the Lakers was that year. The Kings played above their heads and took it to the "champion" Lakers that year, and effectively won 5 of the 7 games.

But that's ancient history.

This year, who knows? The Kings are one of the most inconcistent teams in the league this year and last. Not even hardcore fans have any clue what team is going to show up. Hypothetically, if Artest goes to the damn basket like he did last night (instead of jacking up long shots all the time) and we make shots and defend hard like we've been doing, we easily could make the playoffs.

On the other hand, the offense disappears for quarters at a time whenever anyone plays physical defense against them, so they could end up 12th in the conference, too.

Who knows?
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I say it sucks to be Mavs fan right now because....

We saw our team fall back into its jump shooting ways and lose the Finals.

During the offseason all the talk was about continuing to pound the paint to out rebound teams and play defense first. This was what beat the Spurs and Suns in the playoffs last year.

So the first game this season sees the Mavs wilt in the second half and rely soley on jumpers after hanging with the Spurs in the first half.

The second game is a demoralizing 104-77 loss to Houston in a game where the team never tried to attack the interior.

Then the third game - the one where they hoist the Western Conference Banner - against Nellie and his Warriors is a loss because of poor shooting and decisions. To top it off Josh Howard was injured in the game.

This kind of start is not something to get excited about. Sure we may overcome it, but it's not the way ANY team in any sport wants to start out.
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:23 PM
has been BANNED

It's 3 games.

Your team was in the Finals last year, and choked away a championship.

It's a long season.

There's little reason for a Mav fan to have any longer season than any other.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV