Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 28th, 2006, 09:10 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
0rbital's maps

Map #3 - 3 player with starting points on the mountains, bridges inbetween. 2 1/2 ms, 1 rtff, 1 vw, exp tiles the map is small compared to the last two I've done. Haven't played on it yet. Lava on bottom level along with the falls and river should keep the action up top I would think.

Map #2
Here's a map I threw together yesterday. I wanted a big cave with a large cliff and volcano. Came out pretty good I could have used 1 more MS and 1 more RTFF. There's 3 sand hexes on the cliff by the large tree that offer 10 height advantage over the base floor.

Map #1
Excuse the crappy camera images. Fun map to play on. The volcano is in a strategic spot giving reason to draft the guards. I'm going to Landscape it when I tear it down in a day or two. Almost 2 1/2 MS, 1 RTFF, 1 VW.

Old June 29th, 2006, 12:23 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Nice looking map, how did you end up with about half a master set.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old June 29th, 2006, 04:33 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Great map Orbital!! Have to try it out myself sometime!
Old June 29th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Do the different regions have special rules? I noticed the big piece of sandy real estate and it made me wonder.
Old June 29th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Haven't thought of any special rules really. We just duke it out with no glyphs usually. I bought a half MS of terrain off Ebay a few days ago for $10.99 couldn't pass it up that cheap. I think about 5 MS would be about perfect.
Old June 29th, 2006, 10:20 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The more master sets the better i'd say, that is if I had enough room to lay the whole thing out! D'oh!
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:36 PM

See the top of the thread for the new map I built yesterday. I need more terrain hehe.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
5 MS is just right for me. unfortunately, i moved, and had to return 2 of the 6 i had to their original owners, so i have only 3...now, i want to build a map with a cav/volcano on it....thanks for the inspiration, 0rbital
Old July 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM

I think 5 MS would be about perfect for me. 3 RTFF and 2 VW would be enough to make some great maps. About another $140 to spend and I'm there. Wait then I need Tundra
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:01 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Just dropping a post in here to say that I love caves I like that first map a lot. The second one looks like fun to play on as well.

And the following is just a personal preference of mine, so feel free to ignore it, but I like to 'embed' the roads within the map - so they don't sit on top of the surrounding terrain (or even have the surrounding terrain above the road to neutralize the movement bonus.) Is there any strategic reason you have for placing the road above the surrounding terrain, or is it just for ease of construction?

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:35 PM

Lack of another master set really hehe. I didn't intend for the road to be raised. I built the cave, lake, and bridge first and then realized I used almost all the 24 hex pieces I had making it and didn't have enough pieces to add some height to the rest of the battlefield.

I just finished a game with a son on this map and the raised road became the focal point of the battle. I tried to get some OGs up to the lava but my son took them out with snipers before they could make it. He had Kelda sitting up there blocking the cliffs. Finally on turn three my airborne elites dropped onto the cliff and took them over. The rest of the battle was between my son's viking army against the samurai and Agent Carr on the road. Fun map to play on. I think I may come up with a coop scenario to fight guys up on the cliffs.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:48 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
so yeah. i looked at your map, and one by Parduz, and was inspired. so i built one. it has a lak surrounded by sand, surrounded by grass, with a 5-wide, 6-long land bridge across the center of the lake, and 2 RttFF bridges across it on either side of the land bridge. The land bridge has a max height of 11, and both RttFF bridges are 12 high. I have yet to apply the land bridge, due to lack of binder clips (i have one that i found on the floor at school; i need a total of 11 to suspend my bridge, unless i miscounted), so a trip to wally-world is in order for wednesday or maybe if i'm lucky tomorrow...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios