Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Superman

Utgar'sWorstFear, I think the issue here is that you're trying to view the game as a simulation and not as a game ... loosen up a bit about your thematic interpretation of things and use your imagination a bit more! Superman's "Faster than a speeding bullet," remember? You don't think he could zip in front of a non-adjacent attack and then stop his movement just about anywhere else if he really wanted to?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:15 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Utgar'sWorstFear, I think the issue here is that you're trying to view the game as a simulation and not as a game ... loosen up a bit about your thematic interpretation of things and use your imagination a bit more! Superman's "Faster than a speeding bullet," remember? You don't think he could zip in front of a non-adjacent attack and then stop his movement just about anywhere else if he really wanted to?
First off, thank you for reasoning with me and not just trying to get me to stop talking lol. And secondly, yes that is exactly how I play the card. But can I just ask you this: Where do YOU veiw Superman as being the exact moment the bullets are hitting him, in relation to the person he is saving?

C3G is why I play heroscape.

Last edited by UtgarsWorstFear; February 28th, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Put a question mark on the end lol
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In between that person and the attack.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
In between that person and the attack.
Ok, so i guess where my problem lies is in the situations where he is adjacent to the originally attacked figure, but behind him (in relation to the attacker). Yes Superman is defending but it just seems as if the bullets are hitting supermans space, and there was no heroic swoop. The way I play (and see it) is Superman flew to the figures space that he is saving, blocked the shot for him, and landed next to him.

Do you see how it can look like the attacker was forced to attack Superman not because he was saving him, but because he was forced to shoot him?

Edit: not because superman was saving the originally attacked figure*

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:33 PM

No - the attacker chose his target and Superman jumped in front of the attack.

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
No - the attacker chose his target and Superman jumped in front of the attack.
Ok then, i guess no one else sees it, which is all that matters lol.

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM

Ok, and if Superman is not able to get adjacent to the attacked figure does he just not get to defend or does he just have to get as close as possible and still defend?

Old February 28th, 2010, 06:15 PM

If Superman can't get adjacent to the chosen figure for whatever reason (all the adjacent spaces are occupied, for instance), then Heroic Duty is not activated.

Old February 28th, 2010, 06:34 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I get what UtgarsworstFears is saying but I am not sure it could be or should changed or fixed. The power would have to designate a adjacent hex that is in front of or in between the target figure and the attacker. I came up a similar power idea for a power but it was for a Zabu custom to protect Kazar. It's a great concept but the game mechanics can get in the way. It does seem a little odd that Superman could be directly behind the target figure but deflecting the attack, but I'm not sure how it could be fixed. You can also view it as Superman deflects the attack and then lands on any adjacent space. That's how I envisioned my power working. Is that correct? I guess one fix could be Superman takes the target figures space and bumps the figure to an adjacent one. Just so you know I am not advocating to change the wording on the existing card just considering other options for future reference.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 28th, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I get what UtgarsworstFears is saying but I am not sure it could be changed or fixed. The power would have to designate a adjacent hex that is in front of or in between the target figure and the attacker. I came up a similar power idea for a power but it was for a Zabu custom to protect Kazar. It's a great concept but the game mechanics can get in the way. It does seem a little odd that Superman could be directly behind the target figure but deflecting the attack, but I'm not sure how it could be fixed.
Quote:
Superman's "Faster than a speeding bullet," remember? You don't think he could zip in front of a non-adjacent attack and then stop his movement just about anywhere else if he really wanted to?
And I think that just about covers it.
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I get what UtgarsworstFears is saying but I am not sure it could be changed or fixed. The power would have to designate a adjacent hex that is in front of or in between the target figure and the attacker. I came up a similar power idea for a power but it was for a Zabu custom to protect Kazar. It's a great concept but the game mechanics can get in the way. It does seem a little odd that Superman could be directly behind the target figure but deflecting the attack, but I'm not sure how it could be fixed.
I think a hex has more room than is needed by a single figure. Powers like Ghost Walk/Phantom Walk hint at this, since not all figures with those powers can actually move through other figures like ghosts. So if we accept that premise, then Superman is moving into the same hex as his ally, defending against the attack, and then moving to an adjacent space to end his movement. It makes no difference if that adjacent space is in front of or behind the figure.
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

See my above edited post. People can misinterpret things. I was looking at the literal power wording and trying to see it as Utgarsworstfears was viewing it.

Quote:
Superman's "Faster than a speeding bullet," remember? You don't think he could zip in front of a non-adjacent attack and then stop his movement just about anywhere else if he really wanted to?
Sorry Bats I did not see this post.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 28th, 2010 at 07:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library