Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 13th, 2022, 10:43 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Pennywise (Breathing)

What about something like this?

Attack = 4
Quote:
IT
When Pennywise attacks a figure without the Fearless or Insane personalities normally, you may re-roll all dice once for each of the following that is true about the defending figure:
• It is small or tiny.
• It does not have the Super Strength special power.
• It has a Wound Marker on its card.
• It is not adjacent to any figures it considers friendly.
• It has no Order Markers on its card.
Pennywise cannot attack a figure with the Fearless personality.
So he can keep shifting the assault(re-rolling all dice, not just specific ones), a number of times based on how likely they are to be afraid of him(each bullet). Quickly going from one shape/appearance to another, messing with them, until he gets the roll he wants.
Old June 13th, 2022, 11:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dude, I really dig that! With an Attack of 4, he shouldn't be that deadly either. This, with some Defense reduction from Sadako, sounds like a sweet combo.
Old June 13th, 2022, 11:45 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Also fine with 3 if it’s deemed 4 is too hot. With the potential shield subtraction from FoF to boot(which TDC should help him setup), along with Sadako or Gremlins subtracting, that may be a safer approach. Prefer he comes in at 165 too, or at least one of the slashers, as I believe it was good for army building options.
Old June 14th, 2022, 12:20 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Dig that version of It.

What’s the range of 2 for?
Old June 14th, 2022, 12:38 AM

He’s a shapeshifter, and has stretched his limbs or changed them to giant spider legs or mantis like pincers etc.
Old June 14th, 2022, 01:00 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah I like that re-roll thing! It feels a lot like some of the snappy jarring motions he does in the new movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Excited to see Pennywise making moves. I always imagined IT having some sort of Red Balloon power using a glyph or a marker that radiated fear(reducing defense) or something.

I like the direction you're going with here though. Love The Dancing Clown.
I will say I really dig this idea. I feel like Pennywise’s whole thing is setting up “snapshot” horror scenarios. Like he pops in and has a great deal of control in creating hallucinations/whatever in the space around him. I’m not sure if there’s a way to emphasize that a little more, but I’d dig that over a ‘no LEAs and free moves” power on a Slasher.

I’d also really be down to see points soar here, another higher value Slasher could be a lot of fun. I know Pennywise is mostly effective cause he takes on kids/normal people, but 165 could feel a little low for a cosmic horror.
Old June 14th, 2022, 08:04 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like this approach better. Tough call on 3 or 4 attack dice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
What about something like this?

Attack = 4
Quote:
IT
When Pennywise attacks a figure without the Fearless or Insane personalities normally, you may re-roll all dice once for each of the following that is true about the defending figure:
• It is small or tiny.
• It does not have the Super Strength special power.
• It has a Wound Marker on its card.
• It is not adjacent to any figures it considers friendly.
• It has no Order Markers on its card.
Pennywise cannot attack a figure with the Fearless personality.
So he can keep shifting the assault(re-rolling all dice, not just specific ones), a number of times based on how likely they are to be afraid of him(each bullet). Quickly going from one shape/appearance to another, messing with them, until he gets the roll he wants.
Old June 14th, 2022, 08:15 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That’s a cool direction.
Old June 14th, 2022, 03:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I dig that second direction better. Feels a bit more exciting than just an attack boost.

165 feels low to me given the character, but if you represent this specifically as the Clown from the kids-era, and not the lovecraftian beast from the adults-era, I could see that.

I feel like something more like Relentless would be more of a fitting personality, even though I like the Sadistic synergies. This thing is more of a force of nature, the soul of the city, rather than something that gets pleasure from others' pain. But it's also been years since I've read this, so I might be a bit off here.
Old June 14th, 2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah I like that re-roll thing! It feels a lot like some of the snappy jarring motions he does in the new movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Excited to see Pennywise making moves. I always imagined IT having some sort of Red Balloon power using a glyph or a marker that radiated fear(reducing defense) or something.

I like the direction you're going with here though. Love The Dancing Clown.
I will say I really dig this idea. I feel like Pennywise’s whole thing is setting up “snapshot” horror scenarios. Like he pops in and has a great deal of control in creating hallucinations/whatever in the space around him. I’m not sure if there’s a way to emphasize that a little more, but I’d dig that over a ‘no LEAs and free moves” power on a Slasher.

I’d also really be down to see points soar here, another higher value Slasher could be a lot of fun. I know Pennywise is mostly effective cause he takes on kids/normal people, but 165 could feel a little low for a cosmic horror.
I would like to keep things fairly sleek if possible. So a Balloon Marker approach would need to be something relatively simple if we went that route.

I'd also forgo Face of Fear if we were to give up anything. I know disengage and a once per round passive move isn't exactly exciting/unique, but I feel he's gotta have some means of popping in and out. I also like repping his more zany unorthodox methods and mannerisms. Perhaps it's not there yet, currently being a once per round clingy+ escape, but that's the hope.

Defense reduction has been done quite a lot with these guys too, so that's why FoF would be the easier cut(especially with his re-rolls already dependent on how likely they are to be afraid of him), however we decide to retool The Dancing Clown power.

If we can figure something out, I wouldn't mind going with a set like:

Quote:
YOU'LL FLOAT TOO
(Deadlight mechanics w/ Balloon fluff)

IT
(last version proposed)

THE DANCING CLOWN
(if not as-is, something that sees him popping around a bit more wildly)
And on the 165 front, I'm not married to it if we want to push more in the 200's. Seeing him get his butt kicked as he has, and defeated by words essentially, I didn't know quite where to place him, but he has been around for centuries and killed hundreds if not thousands so there's room for interpretation there based on longevity. I like to do things in 100 point gaps from other established pieces, for army building purposes, so perhaps 275 would be the next reasonable jump if we want to go bigger.
Old June 14th, 2022, 09:39 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Kind of a riff of Mad Hatter, but I was thinking since we already have the Defense reduction pretty well covered, why not have some OM control? This may be too much, but it was an idea that I had and figured I would share.

Sort of a frozen in terror effect is what I was going for.

Quote:
YOU'LL FLOAT TOO
Start the game with a red Balloon Marker on this card. Once per round, before attacking with Pennywise, you may choose a figure within clear sight. If the chosen figure is a common or squad figure, remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from its Army Card. If the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, place a Balloon Marker on its Army Card. For the entire game, if a figure has a Balloon Marker on its card and is within clear sight of Pennywise, Order Markers cannot be revealed on its card, and if that figure receives 1 or more wounds, place the Balloon Marker back on Pennywise's card.
Old June 14th, 2022, 11:30 PM

It's not a bad concept, but it's too heavy on text. It also has the weird theme break of not disallowing turns, movement, attacking etc., just OM reveals, so they could still do everything as normal in the situation of bonders etc., which is a bit wonky.

What about something grander, but harder to pull off?
Quote:
TIME TO FLOAT
After attacking normally with Pennywise, if you rolled all skulls, the defending figure must immediately roll the 20-sided die, adding their remaining Life number to the roll. If they roll 6 or lower, remove that figure from the game.
No Balloon Markers, but simpler and representative of the Deadlights. Fishing for all skulls seems fun with IT. Then we can always work the Balloons into The Dancing Clown? Maybe a distraction of some sort? Teleport? Idk.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library