Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 19th, 2020, 12:47 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Psychic Projection (Uncommon) - Design

What if there’s a way to shunt the Telepath to the Astral Plane? Then it’s still technically on the battlefield, but also the enemy army won’t have a way to reach it.

Obvious answer is just don’t do a design that can shunt the Telepath to the Astral Plane, but that feels like a bug design space to be closing off right away.
Old July 19th, 2020, 12:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What if there’s a way to shunt the Telepath to the Astral Plane? Then it’s still technically on the battlefield, but also the enemy army won’t have a way to reach it.

Obvious answer is just don’t do a design that can shunt the Telepath to the Astral Plane, but that feels like a bug design space to be closing off right away.
Thematically the projection IS the Telepath being on the Astral Plane.

Presumably any power that let you do what you're saying would come with a way for the figure to return as well? So choosing the turtle the game into stalemate would be a player choice at that point.

Also, danger of working in two threads at once, but this is more of a question for the Astral Plane thread, I believe?
I believe there are technically (match up specific) ways to turtle now that can make a game end in stalemate. That's something the hypothetical design you're describing would have to deal with. Without seeing a specific hypothetical design, it's really tough to parse it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Should probably also include a clause about what happens if the marker is removed from their card by Zatanna.
Old July 19th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could you deal with potential turtling by essentially rolling twice for each figure if you have no one on the primary plane (and it hits everything that isn't a manifestation)? So like without a tether, things get volatile, so easier time getting back, but may die fast.
Old July 19th, 2020, 04:35 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Should probably also include a clause about what happens if the marker is removed from their card by Zatanna.
Good call. The text makes it clear for most of them that the marker being on the card is part of the trigger. That's not true for the first power, though, so I'll have to adjust the language there. Maybe:

Quote:
PSYCHIC TETHER
At the start of the game, place this Psychic Projection on the Astral Plane instead of your start zone, then choose a Unique or Event Hero you control that is a Telepath and does not have a Tether marker on its card. Place the blue Tether marker for this Psychic Projection on the chosen Hero's card. If a Hero with this Psychic Projection's Tether Marker on its card would be destroyed or otherwise removed from the battlefield, you must destroy this Psychic Projection instead and ignore any wounds the chosen Hero would have received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Could you deal with potential turtling by essentially rolling twice for each figure if you have no one on the primary plane (and it hits everything that isn't a manifestation)? So like without a tether, things get volatile, so easier time getting back, but may die fast.
Ehh, doesn't sound worth the added complexity to me. I like what I have in the Astral Plane thread and am ready to test it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2020, 04:37 PM

OK, SP updated. Happy with the direction here. Need to run a checklist, but then I'll propose for the initial unless there are lingering concerns.

Old July 19th, 2020, 04:44 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Ehh, doesn't sound worth the added complexity to me. I like what I have in the Astral Plane thread and am ready to test it.
I believe as is Fate can teleport Doctor Strange II there and just start killing everything and be untouchable. Throw in Freddy Kreuger for some real fun killing.
Old July 19th, 2020, 05:12 PM

Ah, hmm, yeah, that's dicey. You're pushing me towards the original win condition route for the Astral Plane. What you just said, plus the realization that right now you could start with a Psychic Projection that is untethered and is untouchable are complexities I'd have to take care of otherwise.

Old July 19th, 2020, 05:30 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Ah, hmm, yeah, that's dicey. You're pushing me towards the original win condition route for the Astral Plane. What you just said, plus the realization that right now you could start with a Psychic Projection that is untethered and is untouchable are complexities I'd have to take care of otherwise.
You could work them like some of the other constructs we have. Maybe a figure has to give up a move/attack/turn to project it to the Astral Plane? Also this guy could, as of now, be teleported off the Astral Plane and create that weirdness.
Old July 19th, 2020, 05:34 PM

Yes, I need to make Constructs immune to the unblockable die too. Derp.

Ah, nevermind, you don't roll the die against this guy. I guess you mean Doctor Fate could teleport onto the Astral Plane and then teleport a Manifestation off the Astral Plane? I guess that's a tad weird thematically but it's not really an issue I feel like needs solving. That level of magic should be able to bend reality thematically and mechanically I don't really see that as worthwhile.

Old July 20th, 2020, 10:00 PM

OK, I posted it in the Astral Plane thread, but I should post it over here in the design proper as well. Basically I'm looking at massive changes here in order for this design to more fully justify the Astral Plane. The idea is now that you can either draft these guys to be in your army or to be in the opponent's army.

Spoiler Alert!

Old July 20th, 2020, 11:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting, so you draft it, give it to your opponent, they choose who in their army gets put in the Astral Plane, I get that. Now when you kill the Astral Plane version of the hero, what happens to the regular version of that hero?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library