Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 4th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How to make a custom card using GIMP. PICTURES INCLUDED.

Step 1: Download GIMP.

Step 2: Copy the image of the faction you want to create a custom card for.

Paste the image onto gimp.

Step 4: Get the mini.
Choose and copy your miniature.

Paste it onto GIMP.

Step 5: Erase the background.
Choose the Bucket Fill tool and set it onto color erase.

Set the color to white and click on all white areas.

(You may have to erase some leftover background.)

Step 6: Size the figure.
Choose the Scale tool and change the miniature to the right size by dragging the mouse.

Move the miniature to the correct spot using the Move tool, then wrong click on the Floating section and click 'New Layer'.

Step 7: Erase the sticking out parts.
Using the Eraser tool, erase the stand to the miniature and any other parts of the miniature that are sticking out of the card.

Step 8: The mist.
Create a new layer for the mist.

Click on the original layer and use the Color Pick tool to find the right color for the mist.

Click on the new layer (The one for the mist.), and use the Airbrush tool to create mist.

Step 9: The hit zone.
Repeat steps 4-5 and erase the stand. Using the Scale and Move tools, move the correctly sized figure to the hit zone area.

Use these colors and the Paintbrush tool to make the hit zone.

When you`re done, it should look something like this:

Step 10: The text.
Now it`s time for the simplest, but also the longest part. The text. Just click on the Text tool and start typing. I`ve made a few guide images to help you.

You have now finished your Custom card! Have fun play testing!

If you have any questions please ask them!
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: How to make a custom card using GIMP. PICTURES INCLUDED.

Nice Tutorial!

(But its still too complex for me

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

There is a great three part video series about this on YouTube using GIMP. All in all about 25 minutes. Step by step how to insert image, font and sizing, change coloring, disappearing legs effect, etc.

Bonus that you can pause and rewind to go over and over and over how to do this or that. And not that complex.

Just Google "heroscape custom tutorial".

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I like both ideas. +rep!
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM

SqueegeeLuigi9999 Woo who?

I very much like this tutorial. Thank you for the blank Valkrill card. I've been looking everywhere for one that has the general logo and the name.

I haven't been using GIMP, though. I've been using Paint.Net. I find it works just as well for me.

Take a look at my custom cards! (Link in signature.)

My YouTube channel
My Legend Of Zelda Custom CardsNEW CARDS!

Member, defeated by Xanth club. Join date July 30, 2011
Old August 30th, 2019, 08:30 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Necro bump - does anyone know what font was used for the points and text?
Old August 30th, 2019, 08:59 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Helvetica, but I don’t recall if there were multiple forms of it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 30th, 2019, 09:40 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Check the link in my signature for the best way to make cards
Old August 30th, 2019, 09:50 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Check the link in my signature for the best way to make cards
Thank you!! Will do!
@flameslayer93 thank you!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards