Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 20th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Argh! Please Help! Tournament tomorrow-What goes w./Braxas?

I am pretty darn sure I want to use Braxas in the 400 pt. DFW tournament tomorrow, but I have not figured out what to take with her.

I have tried:

Braxas.........210
Mimring........150
Arrow Gruts....40

and

Braxas........210
Krug...........120
Arrow Gruts..40
Swog Rider...25

Both times it seemed I got lucky and Braxas wiped out the other armies pretty much by herself.

I am most used to orc armies. I took one last year and it was fun, but I would like to try something new...

I just don't play enough to have tried out anything else.
Comments are desperately appreciated.
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I've read that

Braxas
2xMarden Hounds

Is pretty good.
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:00 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Lesseee:

Braxas..............210
Dund.................110
Khosumet............75
Anubian Wolves....75

Seriously, play this army and they'll probably spot you the 70 points that you'll be over.

ninthdoc assumes no responisibility if the aforementioned army sucks ass.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:05 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
very helpful...

Netherspirit--I've read that as well. I'm just nervous taking so many 2 base figures as some of the maps I could play on are quite hilly. Maybe I'll try this tonight. I've got time for one game...

Ninthdoc-- Very helpful...

EDIT--Ninthdoc--I just squinted enough to read your fineprint--very nice disclaimer.
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:12 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Re: very helpful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston
Netherspirit--I've read that as well. I'm just nervous taking so many 2 base figures as some of the maps I could play on are quite hilly. Maybe I'll try this tonight. I've got time for one game...

Ninthdoc-- Very helpful...

EDIT--Ninthdoc--I just squinted enough to read your fineprint--very nice disclaimer.

Didn't I do that to you back in Feb, also? I think I teased you in your army request thread at the HQ, too. I couldn't break the tradition. See ya tomorrow.

Old October 21st, 2006, 12:16 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Use the nikitas with Braxas!! They can protect her.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:22 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I've read that

Braxas
2xMarden Hounds

Is pretty good.
Gary's kid's army may see some action from me tomorrow too. I wanna try the Braxas/Wulsinu combo!
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:24 AM
Super Doopa

all chicks, huh?

Ninthdoc--yeah, and at the tournament I landed Mimring in front of 3 of your bladegruts and rolled 4 blanks! Arrgh! Most humbling tournament moment. We were the only draw of the tournament. Maybe I should bring Mimring for revenge...

Grungebob--yeah, maybe if I lead out with Nikita and leave them like supply dumps across the board I could have Braxas hop around always landing adjacent to an agent for protection. That might work better than Braxas runs out ahead of everyone and keeps spitting til she dies. Just leaves 70 points...
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:29 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Use the nikitas with Braxas!! They can protect her.
Hmmm what to do with the last 70 points...

I would go with either Deadeye Dan or Johnny Shotgun.

Or you could go with Theracus and Guilty. You could carry around a Nakita with Theracus, which would help protect him/her from being picked up while setting up in a nice high local. And guilty is a decent filler.

Or you could go with the Knights, use them as a melee line of defense to keep your opponent from engaging Braxas and negating the Nakita's protection.

I like those any of those options.
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:30 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Doesn't this go in the competitve army section?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:34 AM
Super Doopa

hey, yeah!

That could get a Nikita pretty far ahead to make a grab for a glyph.
Yeah...hmmm...I'm thinking I'll try something like this tonight. And Theracus can fly! That will be helpful for the castle breech map I'm playing tonight.

Thanks for all the input folks!

Would Braxas and Major Q9 be crazy?
Old October 21st, 2006, 01:12 AM
ATF Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Doesn't this go in the competitve army section?
I thought nether posted above you...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion