Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 4th, 2010, 08:22 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Minecraft

Anyone else playing Minecraft?

Over the past two weeks I've been staying up all hours of the night watching play through movies on youtube. Last night I finally signed up, paid my $14, and downloaded it. One night and I'm hopelessly addicted. I actually considered calling in sick today in order to sit in front of the screen all day.

--

The game is in the alpha stage at this point, which is part of the reason for the cheap price. New things are costantly being added everyday.

It definitely not about graphics, as you'd swear the game is out of the mid-80s. It's all about game play.

Basically the entire world is made up of cubes and you have to go around and collect resources, craft tools, build fortifications, and batton down the hatches at night because that's when all the baddies come out (Creepers, Spiders, Zombies, Skeletons...).

Tons to explore as the world that is generated for you is 3x as big as the actual earth (scaled of course). Pretty much no way you could see it all.

Oh and did I mention dungeons? You have to do some mining if you want the more precious metals, but by diggin down you can also reveal places where the baddies live.

There's no way I can do the game justice, probably better to go to the Wiki page or just head over to youtube and watch one of the 1000s of videos.

--

I'm guessing this game is real hit or miss with people. You're either completely addicted (like me), or you think this is the dumbest thing in the world.

EDIT:
Corzan's Server info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corzan View Post
NEW SERVER CONNECT INFO

Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by more connect info from Corzan
Spoiler Alert!

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; June 23rd, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games