Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
The Book of Poison Ivy (I)

The Book of Poison Ivy (I)

C3G DC WAVE 2 EXCLUSIVE
TOXIC KISS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are #031-033 / Poison Ivy.
Its model number and name are #211 / Pamela Isley.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set.
Its model number and name are #008 / Poison Ivy.

Character Bio - Dr. Pamela Isley, a shy but promising botanical biochemistry student, is injected with deadly poisons by her professor as part of one of his experiments. She nearly dies but instead develops immunity to all types of bacteria, viruses, and toxins as well as the ability to secrete some of her own that can intoxicate, injure, and even kill. She also develops an uncanny ability to control all plant life through a force called the Green. As Poison Ivy, many of her criminal activities revolve around ecological causes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Antagonist, Seduction changed to make the opponent roll

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by Arch-vile; April 23rd, 2022 at 03:38 AM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:36 AM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Poison Ivy - Design Phase

NAME = POISON IVY
SECRET IDENTITY = PAMELA ISLEY

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 165

ENTANGLING VINES
When an opponent’s small or medium figure moves onto or over a grass or swamp space within 2 spaces of Poison Ivy, or moves onto or over a space adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece that is within 2 spaces of Poison Ivy, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through or over any figure affected by Entangling Vines.

PHEROMONE SEDUCTION 4
Before moving, you may choose a Unique Hero figure within 2 spaces of Poison Ivy. The player who controls the figure must roll the 20-sided die. If the figure has the Weak-Minded special power, that player must subtract 2 from this roll. If they roll 4 or lower, take control of that figure’s Army Card and remove any Order Markers on that Army Card. If Poison Ivy is destroyed, control of all Pheromone Seduced Hero figures returns to the player who controlled the Hero figures before they became Pheromone Seduced. Androids and Constructs are not affected by Pheromone Seduction.

PLANT ANIMATION 12
After moving and instead of attacking, roll the 20-sided die for all opponents' figures within two spaces of an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece that is within 6 spaces of Poison Ivy, one at a time. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

Last edited by Arkham; April 6th, 2022 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added "to" to EV
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrimson View Post
Isn't she a meta human?
They just changed Catwoman back to "Human," so I'll leave it for the community to decide.

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:47 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First off, let me say I like how you handled Poison Ivy.

Her pheromones + attack of 4 gives her an effective attack of 6. To me at least, that seems a bit much thematically for Poison Ivy. Maybe a base attack of 2 ?

Also maybe dial down the range of pheromones to adjacent. Otherwise she becomes the Anti-Raylen

I do really like the PLANT ANIMATION SPECIAL ATTACK.. It's very thematic and the mechanic is simple and elegant
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great start! I definitely have some ideas for adjustments I'd like to see, but I think this is a good starting point.
I do think Pheromones is problematic. Darkseid is really, really powerful just from being able to subtract 1 and 1 while adjacent, I think that what you've got here would be borderline broken and definitely worth a good 100-150 points all by itself. I think the best thing to do here would be just to drop that one completely and concentrate on two powers - one to represent her plant control and one to represent her seductive/toxic/hypnotic nature.
But, of course, you get to make the final calls, so I'm eager to here if you're interested in that adjustment.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:55 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, and metahuman is definitely correct for her.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am so glad that you went ahead and jumped in here.

Yeah, would you mind just dropping PHEROMONES as a start for improvements?
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post

Her pheromones + attack of 4 gives her an effective attack of 6. To me at least, that seems a bit much thematically for Poison Ivy. Maybe a base attack of 2 ?

Also maybe dial down the range of pheromones to adjacent. Otherwise she becomes the Anti-Raylen

I do really like the PLANT ANIMATION SPECIAL ATTACK.. It's very thematic and the mechanic is simple and elegant
Thanks for the kind words.

The pheromone aura isn't giving her any additional attack dice, it's just reducing the attack and defense of opponents. They are intoxicated by the pheromones--confused, not quite on their game. The effecive range of 2 was to address the notion that they are airborne.

Strategy here is that she can move within pheromone range of an engaged opponent who would then roll 2 fewer attack dice against an ally and then roll 2 fewer defense dice against the subsequent attack. Hence the "cheerleader"-level points.

I thought about Toxic Kiss being a leveled squaddie/hero auto-kill (a la Braxas), but decided that might be too much.

Old April 5th, 2010, 04:01 AM

I think you're looking at easily a 200+ figure right now, though. I think Pheromones is worth every bit as much in a cheerleader role as Taelord's Attack Aura, and he's 180 points on the basis of that and very little else. Her other powers and stats put her well above that, IMO.
Again, I really think it should be dropped, but I await your decision as the lead designer.

Old April 5th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Great start! I definitely have some ideas for adjustments I'd like to see, but I think this is a good starting point.
I do think Pheromones is problematic. Darkseid is really, really powerful just from being able to subtract 1 and 1 while adjacent, I think that what you've got here would be borderline broken and definitely worth a good 100-150 points all by itself. I think the best thing to do here would be just to drop that one completely and concentrate on two powers - one to represent her plant control and one to represent her seductive/toxic/hypnotic nature.
But, of course, you get to make the final calls, so I'm eager to here if you're interested in that adjustment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I am so glad that you went ahead and jumped in here.

Yeah, would you mind just dropping PHEROMONES as a start for improvements?
OK. So about this? I had a number of different powers written up in advance of potential suggestions.

PHEROMONE CONTROL 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 2 spaces of Poison Ivy and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, take temporary control of the Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Pheromone Control. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero’s Army Card will stay on the card.

PLANT ANIMATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.

Choose a figure adjacent to an Evergreen or Jungle Piece that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Poison Ivy. If an opponent’s Unique Hero receives at least 1 wound from Plant Animation Special Attack, you may remove 1 unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero’s Army Card.

Old April 5th, 2010, 04:08 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Agreed

Quote:
I would suggest a base of 3. I could see Ivy with a pheromone enhanced attack of 5.

Quote:
2 spaces isn't that much of a deal. I'd love for her to be an anti-Raelin.

Quote:
Why would the tree need to be in clear line of sight?
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:09 AM

I like that a lot better. I do, though, see a real possibility in her to be the first ever figure in SuperHeroscape that can Mind Shackle (permanent control) but lose the control when she's defeated (something that would be so thematic for SuperHeroscape).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library