Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 28th, 2007, 09:07 AM

wicked cool has disabled reputation
awesome set up. i like the shot with the guys fighting the zombies. are tehy at43 mins or something else?
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:39 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked cool
awesome set up. i like the shot with the guys fighting the zombies. are tehy at43 mins or something else?
Methinks I spy Clix bases.
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Just slightly converted Horroclix figures. I turned them into Resident Evil Umbrella Special Forces.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
What size set did you get, the small or large set?
It was just the small set.

For those that have not seen them, they come in different sizes and with a variety of parts. You could go crazy making structures for HS.

Urban Mammoth sells the sets, as mentioned, but they are actually made by a Russian company and sold quite cheaply on the net. Don't expect built items in the box. They just come with plastic sprues like regular airplane or car model kits that you have to cut out and snap together.

The included instructions only give you a little to go on, so expect some experimentation when putting them together. Once you assemble something like the tower, though, it is easy to duplicate it rather quickly.

Playing around with different assembly possibilities and trying to make good use of all of the parts ate up a lot of time when designing the terrain.
Since I had put together the kit to make one of the structures on the Hexagon box, I already knew how it worked and what connectors to use, so that helped tremendously. There are a large number of tiny snap clasp connectors in different varieties depending upon which angle you need pieces to connect at. Some are similar looking, but don't serve the same purpose, so it is a good idea to split them up into different piles.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:20 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
This is all very impressive! As others are saying, the grates over the lava look great.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac
Annerios
I know you asked about what glue to use. I've always stuck with a 2 part epoxy. By far my favorite glue, so therefore it is the best! Much better then Duct tape.

With epoxy, you don't need to mix a bunch for small scale projects. Plus, it will last much longer then super glue. Ever have the cap on super glue seal it so you couldn't use it any more? 2 part epoxy wont do that as they don't "dry up/harden" if left separate.
I've used epoxy before. It is quite strong, but was such a pain to mix. Now that they have it in those dual tubes and bring both parts together for mixing it may be more convenient. I'll have to look into it. The important thing it that it dries clear.

The whitening effect and fumes from the super glue in the quantity that needs to be used is enough to deter me from that. :P

Thanks!
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl0ydski
That bridge is really cool. Your design is easy, simple and effective.

I was sort of hung up on the way the original bridge interlocked and was trying to come at it from that angle. For some reason it never occurred to me to place & connect the support struts in the spaces between the hexes.

Some interesting scifi-future work mate.

I have one of that Platformer sets that came with the Urban War box set by Urban Mammoth. (It was sort of their take on the Necromunda type small skirmish game).

~Floyd
The bridge is interesting because you can lift it right up over most figures if their limbs don't stick out too far. Because of the support in the middle, it does not fall down if the table is bumped. Of course, it is not as awesome in design as the Hasbro piece, but it is nice to have it in small sections so you can make smaller bridges as needed.

I really want to see how this stuff looks with your great crosswalks set.
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Very cool! I like the grates over the lava. My only complaint would be the way some of the large towers cover half hexes, especially with the ladder.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Very cool! I like the grates over the lava. My only complaint would be the way some of the large towers cover half hexes, especially with the ladder.
Not quite half; the figures can still stand on them.

The ladder is difficult though. I need to see if I can attach a single one on there somehow. I have not had a chance to think about it much, but I'm going to try to solve that.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher came up with some cool ladders for his orc towers, so maybe a metallic version of those might work.
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexistantnonexister
I meant in a store.
The plastic canvas can be purchased at Walmart and the Platform Hexagon Construction set can be purchased at The Last Grenadier on Hollywood way in Burbank, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Just slightly converted Horroclix figures. I turned them into Resident Evil Umbrella Special Forces.
Annerios - are you working on an Alice??? If not, I probably will.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:35 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
No tomatos, only love.
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Annerios - are you working on an Alice??? If not, I probably will.
No.

I have not been a big fan of the movies, but I have really enjoyed the games (especially RE2 and RE4).

I've seen two trailers for Resident Evil: Extinction and the post- apocalyptic setting looks well done, so I am actually looking forward to seeing it (which I'll probably regret saying later).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles