Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 17th, 2019, 05:49 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Optimus Prime - Breathing

I wouldn't really worry about from whence the art comes, especially if the Tfs end up under Marvel. Marvel hasn't done a Tf comic since the early 90s, you're not going to find like any Marvel art that matches the aesthetic C3G goes for. The main thing would just be to find iconic looking body styles, I wouldn't use the 'Nobody Move!' pic for example. The last image you have actually is a picture of (a version of) Marvel Optimus though (you can tell by Meg's helmet). Pretty sure that pic is from Regeneration One (issue 85 I think) which is an IDW continuation of the Marvel Comics universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't know enough about the different versions of the mythos to know if there are some long-term implications of going one way over the other. (Or any impact to Optimus besides the secret identity)
There's no meaningful difference between IDW and Marvel Optimus as far as a C3G card would be concerned. They have different histories and somewhat different personalities, but they're still the same core character. I guess picking Marvel opens the door for a Powermaster Optimus card later (if for some reason anyone wanted that), though IDW would open the door for a badass supercop Orion Pax card (again, if someone felt the dire need for that).

I guess the big major difference between the continuities is Marvel Tfs are basically Angels directly created by Robot-God to fight Robot-Satan, where-as the IDW ended up ditching most of god stuff by the end (Unicron is a ancient doomsday weapon powered by a ghost for example, Primus is just a really old guy). Still a lot of mystical stuff in IDW though. None of that matters for C3G though outside of maybe for a Matrix design or stuff directly involving Unicron.

Differences between continuities that might actually matter for C3G cards that I can think of off the top of my head:

-IDW does have a few newer characters that weren't around in the Marvel days that are becoming fairly important within the brand. Windblade is the big one.
-IDW Soundwave is (eventually) more like the cartoon version most people think of (and just an awesome character), and always had a strong connection with the Decepticon Cassettes. Marvel Soundwave is kinda different (and purple), and didn’t really have that much of an association with the Cassettes until like... a text story at the end of the last issue of Regeneration One.
-Guys like Skywarp, Thundercraker, and Sideswipe have actual personalities in IDW, so that would make writing bios easier I guess.
-Marvel Insecticons can shrink, but don't make swarms of clones like people remember from the cartoon. IDW Insecticons can't shrink or make clones, but do come with a swarm included.
-Galavtron, Cyclonus, and Scourge are ancient Transformers connected to the Dead Universe in IDW, whereas the Marvel ones are servants of Unicron from the future (And Marvel Galvy is Megatron).
-Headmasters/Targetmasters/Powermasters/Pretenders/Micromasters all exist as actual widespread tech in the Marvelverse. IDW has all the characters, but most of them aren't actually whatever-masters in universe. I kinda doubt this will matter, as all this is for 87 and up characters which most people won't know or care about, and I can't imagine trying to replicate any of those gimmicks on a C3G card anyway.
-In IDW Ultra Magnus is secretly a tiny man with a mustache.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; January 17th, 2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Since some characters don't exist in both lines, I kind of figured that as different designers added to the Transformer collection they would pick the publisher they favored for their character. I just favor Marvel here as those are the comics I collected and read.

As for Soundwave and the tapes, I recall him ejecting them in the comic books but they also followed Megatron's orders and commands pretty closely. Laserbeak often landed on Megatrons' arm or shoulder. I was thinking if I got around to him he would have some kind of synergy with both Megatron & Soundwave's personality or class but not any of the other Decipticons.
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

"Eject, eject, eject!"
Old January 17th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Thanks for the breakdown, Soundwarp!

I think it's reasonable to tackle the publisher question on a case-by-case basis. That's the path we're taking with Doctor Who (kinda forgot we just set relevant precedent there), and it sounds like the different versions of most characters (especially the real icons) don't diverge in a major way anyhow.
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:24 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Thanks for the breakdown, Soundwarp!

I think it's reasonable to tackle the publisher question on a case-by-case basis. That's the path we're taking with Doctor Who (kinda forgot we just set relevant precedent there), and it sounds like the different versions of most characters (especially the real icons) don't diverge in a major way anyhow.
That's probably what I would do.

Another option is to use IDW as the publisher but not bother specifying if we're talking about the in house universe that just ended, the new one coming up, or the Regeneration One universe (which is the Marvel Universe) and just go kinda lunchboxy. That would basically cover almost any version of anyone that would be desired except for like... cartoon style Shockwave.

Or just do like Hasbro as the publisher and say 'screw it, it's some kinda Optimus from somewhere that fits what I want to do', there are canonically several billion to pick from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
As for Soundwave and the tapes, I recall him ejecting them in the comic books but they also followed Megatron's orders and commands pretty closely. Laserbeak often landed on Megatrons' arm or shoulder. I was thinking if I got around to him he would have some kind of synergy with both Megatron & Soundwave's personality or class but not any of the other Decipticons.
In the Marvel comics Soundwave does store the Cassettes and eject them and stuff on occasion (I only remember like two times off the top of my head), but nowhere near as often as in the Cartoon or... pretty much anything else. I think Rumble and Frenzy hitch rides with the Seekers as often as they do with Soundwave. They're not a team/family like they are in most other things, so it would be a bit harder to justify as much synergy between them as other versions could have.

Marvel comic Laserbeak is like a weird living totem of Decepticon leadership, he hops on the shoulder of whoever is in charge at the time. It's kinda funny actually, especially since for some reason Buzzsaw (aka 'yellow Laserbeak') gets to be a terrifying force of destruction that inexplicably took out Omega Supreme one-on-one one time.

My Etsy Store
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I'm growing to favor IDW from this breakdown. There is one, very minor mechanical consideration (Stan the man).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 18th, 2019, 01:43 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think I'm growing to favor IDW from this breakdown. There is one, very minor mechanical consideration (Stan the man).

As it relates to Stan Lee, he really didn't have much to do with the Transformers comic book line as far as I know. Both G.I. Joe a Transformers were toy company creations first, which then approached the comic and cartoon companies about creating content to advertise the toys for them. That is also why the Transformer's movie killed off most of the known characters right away and introduced a bunch of new characters, they had a new toy line they wanted to sell to the kids.
Old January 18th, 2019, 02:07 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Stan had like 0 involvement in Transformers as far as I know, he doesn't have an article on the TF wiki which is pretty telling (the wiki is crazy detailed), though I think he would have been involved with Marvel Productions (the tv/film studio branch of Marvel at the time that worked on the Transformers cartoon) at some level at the time they were working on the cartoon. Either way, Transformers is a Hasbro brand that happened to be advertised by Marvel at one point, not a 'real' Marvel comic. Though pretty much all the original mythos/names/etc. do come from (at the time) Marvel employees, mostly Bob Budiansky and later Simon Furman, and Marvel does actually own two semi-important Transformers characters (Death's Head and Circuit Breaker).

My Etsy Store
Old January 18th, 2019, 04:28 AM
C3G Landlord

Alright, 24 hours have passed so I updated the SP, cutting the Secret Identity and changing the name of the Martix power. I ended up going with Inspiring Leadership rather then Matrix Bearer. I'm going to run tests at 420 and see how if feels, then adjust up or down from there. With that, I propose we move Optimus Prime into Initial Testing.

YK - yea
T - yea
Scape - yea
quozl - yea
Bats - yea
Ronin - yea

Last edited by Yodaking; January 18th, 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old January 18th, 2019, 07:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

As it relates to Stan Lee, he really didn't have much to do with the Transformers comic book line as far as I know. Both G.I. Joe a Transformers were toy company creations first, which then approached the comic and cartoon companies about creating content to advertise the toys for them. That is also why the Transformer's movie killed off most of the known characters right away and introduced a bunch of new characters, they had a new toy line they wanted to sell to the kids.
Yeah, I know he doesn't have an historical link to Transformers of any significance. I'm just pointing out that if you go Marvel here, he'll have a mechanical link to them.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 18th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Optimus Prime - Vote Initial PT

Yea
Old January 18th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Optimus Prime - Vote Initial PT

Meant to bring this up earlier, but is it intentional that he can boost squads and event heroes? Might be pretty attractive to run him with squads right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library