Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old March 18th, 2021, 09:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Still have my Heroscape stuff in a large box -- the group still occasionally play it, but we don't use any of the hexes and just play on a gridless battlefield with measuring sticks -- and I can use whatever terrain I have rather than making it work for the hexes. But for whatever reason, I just haven't convinced myself to sell it despite selling so much other stuff -- perhaps I'm sentimental.

Marvel Champions is great, I love the character driven storytelling -- my wife loves playing it as well, so that adds to the playability for me -- ultimately, Champions pushed Legendary to the "For Sale" list.
I sold most of my collection to a fellow Scaper names Legoboy. He lives in the Chicago area and is a teacher. He has a game club at the school he teaches at for less fortunate kids and has played Scape with them for years. He wanted to add to his collection so more kids could play. I must have posted somewhere that I had been thinking of selling some stuff and he said that if I ever did, if I could give him first crack at it.

He's a great guy and I've played Heroscape with him before and participated in a small tournament he had at the school years ago. So I was for sure going to let him have first dibs.

My wife doesn't like games, so you are lucky in that department. I have everything released so far for Marvel Champions, though don't have Scarlett Witch yet. I have 98 plays in and still haven't gotten to the Wrecking Crew, Kang or Red Skull. Still have Spider Woman, Quick Silver, Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Wasp to try out too. I think I'll be set to playability for quite some time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 19th, 2021, 09:32 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I sold most of my collection to a fellow Scaper names Legoboy. He lives in the Chicago area and is a teacher. He has a game club at the school he teaches at for less fortunate kids and has played Scape with them for years. He wanted to add to his collection so more kids could play. I must have posted somewhere that I had been thinking of selling some stuff and he said that if I ever did, if I could give him first crack at it.

He's a great guy and I've played Heroscape with him before and participated in a small tournament he had at the school years ago. So I was for sure going to let him have first dibs.

My wife doesn't like games, so you are lucky in that department. I have everything released so far for Marvel Champions, though don't have Scarlett Witch yet. I have 98 plays in and still haven't gotten to the Wrecking Crew, Kang or Red Skull. Still have Spider Woman, Quick Silver, Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Wasp to try out too. I think I'll be set to playability for quite some time.
Pretty cool that Legoboy has a student group.

Understandable that you got rid of the HS stuff. There are so many great games and well-designed ones to boot -- difficult to commit to HS. Plus, for me, I've gotten into Marvel Crisis Protocol and SW: Legion as my go to competitive (albeit I play pretty casually) miniatures games. They've been fun.

And wow! You've got more plays in Champions than I do ... although I do not know how many plays I actually have. King is pretty fun to play against, but I'm looking forward to playing through the campaign mode -- just picked up Scarlet Witch today -- so I plan to try her out (my wife probably will actually -- her favorite character and all).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures