Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 15th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Cassie Hack (Initial Testing)

I'd like to see the first power renamed Hack/Slash (since I know that's a desirable power title for this card).

Then I'd like to see the second power, which has super reusable mechanics, IMO, and is a cool effect, be renamed something more general, like "RETRIBUTION" maybe.

I'm iffy on how I feel about the wording on the first special power. The effects are certainly clear, but it doesn't feel particularly "official." I know that's a sacred cow not everyone shares, but one I at least strive for still. I wonder if @quozl has any ideas on different wording there.

None of these things affect testing at all, though, and I think what's here looks just fine mechanically and thematically in terms of the actual powers and stats, so yea for initial testing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 15th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Cassie Hack (Design)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
And I'm totally up for a rename on Slasher Slayer - don't have anything else immediately in mind, though.
How about "It's Personal"?

Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 15th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cassie Hack (Design)

Thanks, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
And I'm totally up for a rename on Slasher Slayer - don't have anything else immediately in mind, though.
How about "It's Personal"?

Yea
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd like to see the first power renamed Hack/Slash (since I know that's a desirable power title for this card).

Then I'd like to see the second power, which has super reusable mechanics, IMO, and is a cool effect, be renamed something more general, like "RETRIBUTION" maybe.
Hmm. The second power is the one that feels a little more evocative of the hack/slash title, but I agree that it's also a little more reusable, and the first one could get the 'signature power' name.

Quote:
I'm iffy on how I feel about the wording on the first special power. The effects are certainly clear, but it doesn't feel particularly "official." I know that's a sacred cow not everyone shares, but one I at least strive for still. I wonder if @quozl has any ideas on different wording there.

None of these things affect testing at all, though, and I think what's here looks just fine mechanically and thematically in terms of the actual powers and stats, so yea for initial testing.
Definitely open to alternate wording suggestions there. Sometimes I worry people just kinda let whatever I do go because I'm the wording guy.

My only other idea on how to word it was to do something more like this:

Quote:
When Cassie attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack, roll 1 additional die if the defending figure is a Slasher, 1 additional die if Cassie is wounded, and 1 additional die if Cassie was not adjacent to the defending figure at the start of her turn.
Old December 15th, 2018, 12:44 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that. It feels less efficient, but it reads more "official" to me. So I'd favor it as a direction if nobody has anything better.

And, for the record, I only defer to you on wording when I'm too lazy/busy to do any better myself.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 15th, 2018, 12:51 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the original wording better.

As for Hack/Slash being reusable, so what? Would that name be out of place on other figures? Yeah, I know it's the name of her comic but it still seems like a reusable name to me.

Quote:
Old December 15th, 2018, 01:00 PM

I guess I'm not actually sold on the combination of mechanics and power title for Hack/Slash anyway. Just wounding someone in response to them wounding one of yours doesn't evoke hacking or slashing to me. It evokes, well, retribution ....

Old December 15th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I guess I'm not actually sold on the combination of mechanics and power title for Hack/Slash anyway. Just wounding someone in response to them wounding one of yours doesn't evoke hacking or slashing to me. It evokes, well, retribution ....
The reason I have Hack/Slash as the name for the second power is that that's where the series' hyper-violence comes through for me, and it's the power where she's really turning the tables on slashers and slashing them right back.

Probably wouldn't be a huge issue to reuse it even with the name 'Hack/Slash', but the reference would be lost on other cards.
Old December 15th, 2018, 05:10 PM

I’d see that like using a title like Cowabunga for a power for a character jumping into the fray ... on a non-TMNT card. You could and it might not technically be wrong, but it’d be wrong.

Old December 15th, 2018, 07:20 PM

It's pretty rare to see "cowabunga" anywhere non-TMNT. I play RPGs. I see hack/slash everywhere.

Quote:
Old December 16th, 2018, 12:11 AM

Do you see it written as hack/slash? I mean, I've seen "hack and slash" before other places, but not "hack/slash."

The entire first page of hits for a Google search of "hack/slash" all pertain directly to the comic as well.

Old December 16th, 2018, 01:25 AM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Cassie Hack

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Cassie @120, Baby Groot (225) vs Michael Myers, Civilians x2 (225)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Cassie @120, Angel (Warren), Baron Zemo (Heinrich) (380) vs Jason Voorhees, Chucky, Zombie (380)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
nits: Cassie @120, Angel (Warren), Baron Zemo (Heinrich), Spider-Man (Peter) (630) vs Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Swordsman, Casey Jones (630)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Pretty good discount melee fighter. Really benefits from having Angel around to set her up for her powers.

She feels right, power-level wise. She can throw down with other low-level figures, and she has pretty high offensive output for her point level, but not much going for her on defense; one good attack can take her out, and her powers encourage her to put herself at risk.
Old December 16th, 2018, 10:10 AM

Seems reasonable to go forward at 120. I'd recommend that Angel pairing to public testers or I think she might end up feeling overcosted at 120. Pre-yea for public playtesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library