Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 30th, 2015, 10:37 AM

Td0g Woo who?
Smile Just started, what to buy???

Hi,
I have just started out in heroscape. I got the RotV master set for what seemed like a fair price off ebay (complete, boxed and in good condition).

I wondering what to buy next? The figure expansions and special terrain expansions are quite pricy.

I can pick up a second RotV without box and few figures missing for half of what i paid for my first set. Tempted to buy that, just so i have tons of terrain for creating cool battlefields. Would you recommend this? Or does one copy of RotV give enough terrain? I'd end up with lots of duplicate figures, but i'm mainly buying for terrain.

Where I live figure expansions are expensive on ebay. I'm tempted to just expand my figures using the SoV, c3V cards and purchasing the corresponding miniatures. Can anyone recommend good ones from these? Also do these figures need rebasing onto a heroscape base?

Thanks for the advice for a newbie!
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Just started, what to buy???

Welcome to the game and the site!

You certainly could do much worse than buying a second RotV, and if you expand into the customs world you can use those duplicate figures for their bases.

Most C3V and SoV units could use a revasing, but it's not something you should prioritize, except for the 2-spaced units like Mok or something.

Happy scaping!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:14 PM

ace0snipe is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I recently got sucked in as well. I found this thread to be useful.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26370
Old August 31st, 2015, 06:18 AM

Td0g Woo who?

Thanks for the help guys that thread looks very useful . I managed to pick up two copies of RotV. Looks like there is better stuff to buy on these forums than on UK eBay, so will look here when i decide to expand!
Old August 31st, 2015, 08:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The one thing I wish I'd done differently when I started collecting is that I wish I'd bought more multiples of common squads. Other than that, I suggest you buy what interests you. Welcome aboard!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 31st, 2015, 12:13 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0snipe View Post

Ditto on this. If your gaming group is cool, I always do proxies just getting cards and using whatever figures you can. It may not look as cool, but plays fun. In which case, get the cheapest figures you can and then print out both the official and C3V cards and play all.
Old August 31st, 2015, 06:13 PM

Td0g Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0snipe View Post

Ditto on this. If your gaming group is cool, I always do proxies just getting cards and using whatever figures you can. It may not look as cool, but plays fun. In which case, get the cheapest figures you can and then print out both the official and C3V cards and play all.
Sounds like a good plan!
Old August 31st, 2015, 06:15 PM

Td0g Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The one thing I wish I'd done differently when I started collecting is that I wish I'd bought more multiples of common squads. Other than that, I suggest you buy what interests you. Welcome aboard!
I'm struggling to find anything other than RotV in UK for sale, so finding it hard to get common squads. I have 2 RotV copies atm. Hoping some usa scapers will ship to the uk, if i cover postage.
Thanks for the advice
Old September 1st, 2015, 10:27 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You can never go wrong with more RotV. By far the best bang for the buck when it comes to terrain.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2015, 10:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's a good point. If you *can* get more RotV's at a good price point, take advantage. You may think that two is all you could ever need, but, . . . erm . . ., no.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 1st, 2015, 08:17 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

See Scape, buy Scape!

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old September 2nd, 2015, 12:13 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would play with C3V (which are excellent). I would also the C3V figures as proxies for the classic scape figures. For example...

The Havech Eradicators make good proxies for Marro squads (such as Stingers, Dividers, Drones or Drudge). http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkh-thel02.html

The Cathar Spearmen could be used as proxies for Knights of Weston. http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catal.../s/rkh-grre03/

Gorillitroopers could be proxies for Gorillinators. http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catal.../s/rkh-grre03/

Outside of a Gencon type tournament, you should get just as much fun playing with proxies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion