Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 17th, 2015, 12:37 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Malekith

The Book of Malekith

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 13
CHAMPIONS AND ILLUSIONISTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #009 / Malekith.
Character Bio - An ancient enemy of Asgard banished to another dimension centuries ago, Malekith was freed in the modern day by Surtur. Surtur charged Malekith with retaking his ancient weapon, the Casket of Ancient Winters, as it had the power to bring Surtur to Earth.

Malekith took command of his people, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, and brought the full force of the Wild Hunt down on Eric and Roger Willis, human guardians of the Casket under the protection of Thor. Eric was killed, but Thor put a temporary end to Malekith's schemes by destroying the Casket.

Though Malekith lost favor with the Dark Elves, he remained a menace to Thor and Asgard. He eventually retook control of his former subjects by killing Queen Alflyse, who had taken his place, and terrorizing the populace into electing him as their new leader.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: What happens when you can't target and attack the switched figure in Illusionary Arts?
    A: Any time you target a figure and realize you can't attack them, you get to decide whether to try to target a different figure instead and go on with your turn as normal.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Illusionary Arts requires an "X" Order Marker to activate, pairing him with Loki can grant him an additional "X" Order Marker with God of Mischief.
  • Illusionary Arts can benefit greatly by switching out Malekith with a friendly figure with certain special powers. Just a few figures, of many, you may want to consider:
    -Loki(God Of Evil)
    -Darkseid(Imposing Presence)
    -Blob(Stuck)
    -Gamora(Master Martial Artist)
    -Deathstroke(Calculated Defense)
    -Flash(Speed Dodge 4)
    -Huntress(Ruthless Counter Strike)
  • Dark Faerie Deception allows Malekith to bypass certain defensive powers on his turn, that trigger based on movement or attacks from an enemy/opponent figure. Since Malekith is considered friendly to all figures that opponent controls, some specials will not affect him as long as Dark Faerie Deception is in effect. A few examples: Green Lantern's Green Power Shield, War Machine's Auto Chain Gun, Doctor Doom's Pit Trap 14, Deadpool's Wisecrack 13, Daredevil's Radar Sense 12, Cosmic Boy's Magnetic Throw Defense, Bizarro's Villainous Duty, Batman II's Shadow Strike 15, Invisible Woman's Invisibility, Darkseid's Imposing Presence, Doctor Strange's Sorcerer Supereme, any figure's Intangibility.
  • Dark Faerie Deception prevents Malekith from taking any leaving engagement attacks from opponent's figures he is considered friendly to, and Malekith may attack figures non-adjacent even when adjacent to figures of that opponent, because he is not considered engaged while friendly.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Trickster

Last edited by japes; March 9th, 2021 at 08:29 PM.
Old February 17th, 2015, 12:39 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Malekith (Design Phase)

NAME = Malekith

SPECIES = Dark Elf
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Trickster
PERSONALITY = Deceptive
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 220

ILLUSIONARY ARTS
If Malekith or a friendly figure within 3 spaces of Malekith is targeted for an attack, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. Choose a figure other than the attacker within 6 clear sight spaces of Malekith and switch the targeted figure with the chosen figure. The attacking figure must then target and attack the chosen figure, if possible. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

DARK FAERIE DECEPTION
Before taking a turn with Malekith, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may choose an opponent. For the remainder of the turn, all figures controlled by that opponent are considered friendly to Malekith.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Malekith is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Malekith can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old February 17th, 2015, 12:43 AM

I ran some playtests with the original design(Illusionist Deception 15), as well as with Illusionary Arts, just to be prepared ahead of time.

Illusionist Deception 15:
Spoiler Alert!

Illusionary Arts:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; February 17th, 2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old February 17th, 2015, 01:15 AM

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Backgrounds:
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 17th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
An ancient enemy of Asgard banished to another dimension centuries ago, Malekith was freed in the modern day by Surtur. Surtur charged Malekith with retaking his ancient weapon, the Casket of Ancient Winters, as it had the power to bring Surtur to Earth.

Malekith took command of his people, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, and brought the full force of the Wild Hunt down on Eric and Roger Willis, human guardians of the Casket under the protection of Thor. Eric was killed, but Thor put a temporary end to Malekith's schemes by destroying the Casket.

Though Malekith lost favor with the Dark Elves, he remained a menace to Thor and Asgard. He eventually retook control of his former subjects by killing Queen Alflyse, who had taken his place, and terrorizing the populace into electing him as their new leader.
Suggestion for an edited-down, rewritten bio, because sometimes Comic Vine makes me cry. ("Malekith had his human agents harass Eric, in an attempt to regain the Casket, this evetually lead to his being murdered by Malekith himself." Blech!) Feel free to use anything you like and tweak/ignore what you don't.

Good to see this up and running, though! You know, it didn't occur to me until just now that we'd be getting back-to-back () Thor-themed Public Designs. Too bad there's no-one currently in the running to go for the threepeat.
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Jumping the gun a little, aren't we? Beta Ray Bill still hasn't passed the final vote yet, though he's now only one vote away.

Second, when you start a design, you need to PM all the Heroes to let them know the thread is up. You also need to make a post in the C3G Promotions and Welcome to C3G threads.

Third, please update the SP with the design that was voted on. You are free to post changes you would like to make, but the thread needs to start with the original design. I personally like the changes, and we'll discuss them as part of the design phase, but designs should not be changed in between voting and posting the thread.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 18th, 2015, 03:01 PM

1. Pretty sure that's already apparent, hence why after seeing the vote being started after I posted this, I haven't touched it. I was just a little confused by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Once the art is updated, I think this'll finally be good for release. (That wording looks good to me, too, by the by.)
I took that as "we voted to pass it, except that one wording change, as soon as that's done, it's released". Clearly a mistake on my part(as usual).

2. That's why I haven't done so, as soon as I started to second guess and realized there was more to go, I held off on anything else.

3. Will do.

4. This is going to be fun. :P
Old February 18th, 2015, 03:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You might want to start copy and pasting or at least linking all the discussion in the public thread that took place on the design between when voting began and now. It seems as though the design has already gone through quite a bit of redesign and not everyone might be up to date on things.
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I don't really like the "I cancel you, no, I cancel YOU" interaction between Dark Farie Teleport and the various cyberclaw-ish powers.

Dracula loves this guy.
Old February 18th, 2015, 06:51 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
1. Pretty sure that's already apparent, hence why after seeing the vote being started after I posted this, I haven't touched it. I was just a little confused by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Once the art is updated, I think this'll finally be good for release. (That wording looks good to me, too, by the by.)
I took that as "we voted to pass it, except that one wording change, as soon as that's done, it's released". Clearly a mistake on my part(as usual).

2. That's why I haven't done so, as soon as I started to second guess and realized there was more to go, I held off on anything else.
Ah, I see. Honest mistake, it can be confusing when a vote is and isn't required. BRB is close now, so we'll just leave this for now and you can send out notice when he officially passes.

Old February 20th, 2015, 11:39 AM

Glad to see this one finally get started! The current version looks solid, though I'd want to bring his stats down a bit. I don't think Malekith should be that much of an offensive threat. He's not much of a fighter in the comics.

I know there was some pre-design discussion in the Public Design Post though. Do you want to post the alternate idea for Illusionist Deception, @Aggressive Sock , or do you prefer this version?

However,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
DARK FAERIE TELEPORT
Instead of moving normally with Malekith, or if at least one blank was rolled when he defended against an opponent's attack, after placing any wounds received, you may place him on any empty space within 8 spaces. No special on any Army Card may prevent Malekith from using Dark Faerie Teleport.
I don't like this line. It's just too messy with Blob, Mister Fantastic as well as others where it's not clear what "prevent" means. Plus, no other teleport power gets around Stuck, even though they probably should, thematically.

Old February 20th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

1 attack of 4 at a range of 4 isn't much of an offensive threat, at all - not at his price range. Drop it any more, and he moves from 'not much of an offensive threat' to 'wow, he's utterly pathetic' territory - from what AG's said, that doesn't sound thematic.

I much prefer the alternative Deception Power based on the X OM.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library