Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:22 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tom's Map Thread

Welcome to my map thread! Please enjoy the maps and feel free to leave me your comments and suggestions (especially playtest results).

Newest Map

Northern Passage added 11/5/2010. (Map requires 1 BftU, 1 TT, and 1 FotA and uses the rules for normal snow and normal ice.)

Nilfheim's Lair added 4/8/2010. (Map requires 1 BftU and 1 TT and uses the rules for normal snow and normal ice.)

Treasure Trove added 4/11/2010. (Map requires 1 BftU and 1 MtCB.) The glyphs on this map are treasure glyphs and not power glyphs as shown.
Spoiler Alert!

The Frozen Cavern added 2/4/2010. (Map requires 1 BftU and 1 TT and uses the rules for Heavy Snow and Normal Ice.) NOMINATED FOR THE BOV! (didn't make the cut, but it was still nominated!)
Spoiler Alert!

Jungle Wall added 1/23/2010. (Map requires 1 RotV, 1 FotA, and 1 TJ.)
Spoiler Alert!

High Point 2 added 9/15/2009. (Map requires 1 RotV and 1 RttFF (trees only).)
Spoiler Alert!

Spring Thaw added 5/18/09 for R˙chean's Gen Con '09 Map Contest. (Map requires 1 RotV and one TT and uses the Heavy Snow and Normal Ice rules.)
Spoiler Alert!

High Point added 4/10/09. (Map requires 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, and one of Cavalier's Lexan Grass Mats.)
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by tom; November 5th, 2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Added "Northern Passage"
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:35 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tom's Map Thread

I like both maps. They are both simple and straight forward, but provide challenges to keep things interesting. Quick set up and tear down is a plus.

I'm not sure if lexan grass mats are ok though - unless your using one in place of and not in addition to the tiles that come in the master set.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
I'm not sure if lexan grass mats are ok though - unless your using one in place of and not in addition to the tiles that come in the master set.
The lexan mat map is not for the Gen Con 09 contest so it doesn't matter if it fits the criteria. If someone really wanted to, though, they could probably make the bottom layer out of the leftover masterset pieces.
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:40 PM

Updated the first post with a new version of High Point 2. This version doesn't require the Lexan Mat.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM

Updated first post with my newest map, Jungle Wall.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Glad to see you're still making maps out there tom. Nice work as per usual!

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Glad to see you're still making maps out there tom. Nice work as per usual!

~ET86
Thanks ET86! Hopefully with the new D&D MS being released I will get some inspiration to crank out a few more.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:02 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Sweet map my friend!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, nice concept Tom! I'll have to try it out when I get a chance.
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM

Updated first post with my newest map, The Frozen Cavern!
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Tom, that map looks pretty great. I was thinking of designing a map similar to that, but I think I'll just build yours instead.

EDIT: Aaand, it's built and on my table. I can't wait to try it. While it might seem a little flat and has little color, the use of heavy snow and LoS blockers should direct traffic a bit, and I like the B/W contrast going on. I also really like that you didn't bank and put all the shadows on the lowest ground. This is how it should be done to get the most use out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 5th, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Tom, that map looks pretty great. I was thinking of designing a map similar to that, but I think I'll just build yours instead.

EDIT: Aaand, it's built and on my table. I can't wait to try it. While it might seem a little flat and has little color, the use of heavy snow and LoS blockers should direct traffic a bit, and I like the B/W contrast going on. I also really like that you didn't bank and put all the shadows on the lowest ground. This is how it should be done to get the most use out of them.
Thanks Jexik! Please let me know how your playing experience goes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios