Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 1st, 2021, 03:31 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Specters of Aldorn

The Book of Specters of Aldorn

Soldiers of Valhalla - Harbingers of the Grave

PDF DOWNLOAD

The figures used are from the Ghost & Banshee set as well as the Wraith & Specter set from the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures line.

Character Bio: Coming soon...

Quote:
PHANTOM WALK
Specters of Aldorn can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

LEVITATION
Specters of Aldorn do not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.

DEATHLY TOUCH
When attacking with the Specters of Aldorn, if at least one Specter of Aldon moved through the defending figure this turn, subtract 1 from it's defense.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: What rules are considered "effects from terrain tiles"?
    A: As a rule of thumb, any rule that derives from a flat space your figure can stand on.
    Thus, effects that would be considered from terrain tiles include: having to stop when entering water or lava, damage from lava or lava field, movement bonuses and penalties such as from road, heavy snow, or slippery ice, or the defense bonus from shadow tiles. Effects that would not be considered from terrain tiles include: having to count elevation when moving up, falling damage, having to go around or climb over obstacles, the defense bonus from jungle pieces, and the special rules associated with battlements, ladders, and destructible objects.

• Q: Is a Specter stopped when moving into Swirling Vortex?
    A: Yes.

• Q: Can Levitation be used when moved by Shield Push?
    A: Yes and no. The Specter will not take any falling damage, but the ability to ignore terrain effects is optional and therefore cannot be used when moved with Shield Push.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • Zombie Hulk : Paralyzing Fear
    As Undead figures, the Specters of Aldorn may be aided by a Zombie Hulk's PARALYZING FEAR special ability.
Synergy Benefits Offered

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBA

Specters of Aldorn SoV Reviews:

Last edited by Leaf_It; March 6th, 2024 at 01:45 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:12 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Specters of Aldorn

Thanks for getting this up!! I ran them the other day (four squads) and they did very well. I was able to overwhelm the people I attacked. Lowering the defense by 1 and getting up to four attacks of two (or three if I got height) worked really well. certainly a great add to the four squad army choices. I think a great counter to Death Chasers swarming across a board. I am glad they do not bond. That would make them almost too good! Can't wait to use them again!

Specters x 3
Nikita Agents
gorillanators x 2
Elaria
Shiroi

vs.

Acolytes x 4
Corvor
Morgoroth
Skull Demon x 1
Marcu

map: Ice Blossom

The map had no roads, which helped my gorillanators early game. Nakitas were nullified since he had no range. I used them for some pot shots early and to move gorrilanators, then they just blocked high spots. When it came time to use the specters, they were able to overwhelm the heroes and remaining Acolytes with four attacks. It will be interesting to go against range to see how well they can survive crossing a board. I finished with:
6 specters
2 gorillanators
full health Elaria and Shiori

Tiamat conceded with a full health Skull demon.

Fun squad!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 18th, 2021, 10:19 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

The text transcript seems to use a different wording than the card. Also the army card itself has one incorrect capitalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
PHANTOM WALK
Specters of Aldorn can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

LEVITATION
Specters of Aldorn do not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.

DEATHLY TOUCH
When attacking with the Specters of Aldorn, any figures that a Specter of Aldon moved through if at least one Specter of Aldorn moved through the defending figure this turn, subtract 1 from their its defense.. << delete extra period
The lower-case "defense" at the end of this transcript is correct, but the army card incorrectly capitalizes it as Defense. Although a couple of mistakes were made over the years, defense (and attack, etc.) should be capitalized only when preceding the word "value." Examples:
  • add 1 to Evar Scarcarver’s Attack and Defense values for each … (Frost Rage)
  • add 3 to Siege’s Defense value and subtract 2 from Siege’s Attack and Move values. (Crag of Steel)
  • Add 1 to the B-11 Resistance Corps’ Attack and Defense values for each … (To The Last Man)
  • Subtract 1 from the Brute Gruts’ Defense value for each … (Berserker Frenzy)
  • Subtract 1 from that Hero’s Move and Defense values for each … (Cling)
Three mistakes were made, but they were all post-Hasbro when different teams (WotC, VCs) were making the cards and probably not aware of this wording convention. These include Sahuagin Raider, Water Elemental, and Tomoe Gozen.

When "defense" is not followed by "value," the convention is lowercase (apparently unanimously, if I can trust the master list I have compiled from the Books and GaryLASQ's tables). There are tons of examples, so I will leave out all the lowercase "defense dice," "rolling defense," and similar references, and focus on the examples that are most directly relevant to the Specters.
  • add 1 die to their defense. (Thorgrim the Viking Champion, Defensive Aura 1)
  • add 1 to her attack and defense. (Shiori, Concentrated Will)
  • add 1 to its attack and defense. (Marro Drudge, Swamp Water Strength)
  • subtract one from their defense for every (Zombie Hulk, Paralyzing Fear)
  • add 1 extra die to their attack, and 1 extra die to their defense (Captain America, Tactician)
  • Add 1 to Dumutef Guard’s attack and defense while (Road Strength)
  • Add 2 to a Microcorp Agent’s defense while (Water Suits)
  • Add 1 to Nerak’s attack and defense while (Snow Strength)
  • adds 1 to the defense number on that card (Thorgrim the Viking Champion, Warrior’s Armor Spirit 1)
  • add one automatic shield to the defense roll. (Hatamoto Taro, Adjacent Tough 1)
  • may roll no more than 1 die for defense. (Retiarius, Net Trip 14)
So the final word "defense" in DEATHLY TOUCH should definitely be lowercased on the army card.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 18th, 2021, 05:07 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
The text transcript seems to use a different wording than the card. Also the army card itself has one incorrect capitalization.

Quote:
PHANTOM WALK

LEVITATION

DEATHLY TOUCH
When attacking with the Specters of Aldorn, any figures that a Specter of Aldon moved through if at least one Specter of Aldorn moved through the defending figure this turn, subtract 1 from their its defense.. << delete extra period
The lower-case "defense" at the end of this transcript is correct, but the army card incorrectly capitalizes it as Defense. Although a couple of mistakes were made over the years, defense (and attack, etc.) should be capitalized only when preceding the word "value." Examples:
  • add 1 to Evar Scarcarver’s Attack and Defense values for each … (Frost Rage)
  • add 3 to Siege’s Defense value and subtract 2 from Siege’s Attack and Move values. (Crag of Steel)
  • Add 1 to the B-11 Resistance Corps’ Attack and Defense values for each … (To The Last Man)
  • Subtract 1 from the Brute Gruts’ Defense value for each … (Berserker Frenzy)
  • Subtract 1 from that Hero’s Move and Defense values for each … (Cling)
Three mistakes were made, but they were all post-Hasbro when different teams (WotC, VCs) were making the cards and probably not aware of this wording convention. These include Sahuagin Raider, Water Elemental, and Tomoe Gozen.

When "defense" is not followed by "value," the convention is lowercase (apparently unanimously, if I can trust the master list I have compiled from the Books and GaryLASQ's tables). There are tons of examples, so I will leave out all the lowercase "defense dice," "rolling defense," and similar references, and focus on the examples that are most directly relevant to the Specters.
  • add 1 die to their defense. (Thorgrim the Viking Champion, Defensive Aura 1)
  • add 1 to her attack and defense. (Shiori, Concentrated Will)
  • add 1 to its attack and defense. (Marro Drudge, Swamp Water Strength)
  • subtract one from their defense for every (Zombie Hulk, Paralyzing Fear)
  • add 1 extra die to their attack, and 1 extra die to their defense (Captain America, Tactician)
  • Add 1 to Dumutef Guard’s attack and defense while (Road Strength)
  • Add 2 to a Microcorp Agent’s defense while (Water Suits)
  • Add 1 to Nerak’s attack and defense while (Snow Strength)
  • adds 1 to the defense number on that card (Thorgrim the Viking Champion, Warrior’s Armor Spirit 1)
  • add one automatic shield to the defense roll. (Hatamoto Taro, Adjacent Tough 1)
  • may roll no more than 1 die for defense. (Retiarius, Net Trip 14)
So the final word "defense" in DEATHLY TOUCH should definitely be lowercased on the army card.
Huh, I must have used an old version of the card's text when I made this book.
Old June 18th, 2021, 11:35 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Huh, I must have used an old version of the card's text when I made this book.
Yeah, over the years I've seen that happen many times in these Books. It's kind of an occupational hazard for Book authors, and heaven knows I had some gaffes in the ones I built. I don't hold it against the thankless volunteers who compile all the information, I just try to document what I happen to stumble across while I'm attempting to keep my master database up to date. And now that I know DanieLoche is also using these posts to update a repository, it adds reinforcement to my obsessiveness ... sorry.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs