Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 23rd, 2020, 05:46 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Holy cow! Welcome to the Top 10 Best Looking Cards Mr. Swamp Thing.

Did I mention that Swamp Thing is now in my Top 10?
Agreed - very cool
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:18 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Even though we promised we would relax for a bit and spend some time appreciating Swamp Thing, I decided to share another Lil'Helm design (well, technically two).

Coincidentally, all three of us here decided to work on unique squads... well sort of. Mine is a straightforward unique squad that Lil' Helm begged me to take on. Once I started, I got obsessed and can't wait to finish them off. They have been through play testing and work great, it's just that they seem to have settled at a very round number for point value and that surprised me. I just want to double check them one more time.

Helm Jr's "sort of" unique squad is in an earlier phase. The card could go one way or the other but it really is the most unique design we've had in a while. It will take some tweaking for sure.

Lil Helm's is ready to go, but he had himself a problem. He was inspired by the awesome Titans TV show and wanted to make Hawk and Dove as a unique squad. Then, our collective OCD got the best of us and we decided that since the comic version allows only Dove to fly, they need to have separate powers and therefore separate cards. Well, that didn't stop Lil'Helm from going the squad route. His mission became, "you don't draft one without the other".

Although I've tried to stay away from specific draft limiting type bonding in the HelmAverse, after 100 total designs, I agreed that it was time to see this happen. The decision was made to make their bonding around the role of "partners" rather than call each other out by name. It leaves the possibility open for variety down the road, maybe a glyph or special power that changes the role of another figure. Who knows, it just seems cleaner to work that way. Besides, the HelmAverse Falcon is undergoing a redesign (and is almost done). The Partner Loyalty power was deleted from the new version of Falcon so there will be no confusion. As of now, only Hawk and Dove are partners.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:21 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Design by Lil' Helm, and since we believe in ladies first....

----------------------
DC

DOVE

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
PARTNER
COMPOSED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

PARTNER BONDING
After revealing an order marker on this card, before taking a turn with Dove, you may take a turn with one other Partner you control.

TAG TEAM
If Dove is attacking an opponent’s figure that is adjacent to at least one other Partner you control and was not engaged with Dove at the start of her turn, add 1 die to Dove’s attack.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Dove’s movement, ignore elevations. Dove may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Dove starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:24 AM
Captain Underpants

Design by Lil' Helm

---------------------------
DC

HAWK

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
PARTNER
IMPULSIVE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 6

PARTNER BONDING
After revealing an order marker on this card, before taking a turn with Hawk, you may take a turn with one other Partner you control.

TAG TEAM
If Hawk is attacking an opponent’s figure that is adjacent to at least one other Partner you control and was not engaged with Hawk at the start of his turn, add 1 die to Hawk’s attack.

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old August 24th, 2020, 08:59 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old August 25th, 2020, 09:37 AM
Captain Underpants

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Hawk and Dove look the opposite of foul (fowl... pun intended).

The shared background choice is great and very well received by the younger Helms. Bravo sir.

I’m on a little family trip right now but I cannot wait to get hope and fire up the printer. Swamp Thing, Hawk and Dove... welcome to the family.

Huge thumbs up!
Old August 25th, 2020, 11:44 PM
Captain Underpants

@A3n , I promised the boys that I’d ask you if there is a story behind Etrigan’s background choice. It looks like their is a modern bar behind him, maybe in Italy or Spain. Was there a specific storyline that inspired the pic? We ask because we are going to print him this weekend with the amazing Swamp Thing card.

If there’s no backstory to the current pic, would you consider changing it to something more on the dark side of the character? What about something like this?

Or maybe a dark medieval cathedral? A flaming castle at night?

Basically, I know Etrigan is “colorful” but the current background looks “happy”.

What do you think?
Old August 25th, 2020, 11:58 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

@Matt Helm , Ahh, well I suppose because of the "fog" & the required perspective of the figure you can't quite see the intent of the image. What it is, is just a city corner where the ground/road has opened up (sink-hole) that I filled with lava. Like he just jumped out of hell.

Sorry that didn't come out as obvious. I am sure now that I have explained it you will see it like I still can. But the "fog" definitely disguises it so I will try again for you.
Old August 26th, 2020, 12:06 AM
Captain Underpants

Ha. I love the thought process but you are correct in that my old eyes never saw it. So you were going for the hole outside James Franco’s house in the movie “This Is The End”.

Now that you pointed it out, we see the pit of fire but it doesn’t really translate as a sinkhole opened up to hell.
Old August 26th, 2020, 06:39 AM

@Matt Helm , Mate. Buddy. Pal. Friend of mine.

I don't know if you ever noticed, but my customs thread was lost when we had that week that never was on this site. Due to my C3G involvement I just never saw the need to recreate the thread. (I did loose my original Marvel Map thread also but I did recreate it but it just was never the same.)

Anyway, what I was hoping is that you would be up for working on some collaborations for the figures that I have that you haven't done or have in your drafts at the moment. I would impose heavily on your Helm Inc. to do a lot of the heavy lifting (a.k.a. playtesting). Which I know that would be an inconvenience to you if you have to use proxies so I do feel bad for that. I am asking, hat-in-hand, if you would be interested?

Basically I want to have a Helmaverse approved card for all my figures. And at the same time get back into some back & forth designing with you like the old days of NM24.

What say you?
Old August 26th, 2020, 08:02 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You guys both do such great work and make a great team. I would be very happy to help out with playtesting etc.
Old August 26th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
@Matt Helm , Mate. Buddy. Pal. Friend of mine.

I don't know if you ever noticed, but my customs thread was lost when we had that week that never was on this site. Due to my C3G involvement I just never saw the need to recreate the thread. (I did loose my original Marvel Map thread also but I did recreate it but it just was never the same.)

Anyway, what I was hoping is that you would be up for working on some collaborations for the figures that I have that you haven't done or have in your drafts at the moment. I would impose heavily on your Helm Inc. to do a lot of the heavy lifting (a.k.a. playtesting). Which I know that would be an inconvenience to you if you have to use proxies so I do feel bad for that. I am asking, hat-in-hand, if you would be interested?

Basically I want to have a Helmaverse approved card for all my figures. And at the same time get back into some back & forth designing with you like the old days of NM24.

What say you?
What do I (we) say? Well we had an early morning family meeting and the vote came out to 3-0 in favor of collaborating. We’d love to bang the ideas around like the old days. I mean Nightwing, Shocker, juggernaut, sabretooth, and so many others have major A3n involvement.

We do have some time constraints considering school is starting back up and work just got overwhelming with some downsizing (more work for me). With that said, we talk Heroscape a lot and when we get the opportunity to playtest, we will definitely do that end of the work (and streaky has graciously offered to help out when he can).

So let’s do this!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations