Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old July 7th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Painting and Modification Display Thread

I have the Goblins, Roilmage, Kor Flyer and Vampires underway. I will take pictures pre and post DIP and you will see how little effort I put into the painting.

I use a toothpick for some of the more detailed work... a toothpick! I typically only use 3ish colors per figure. The Ruiner was my most ambitious attempt at blending, but if you look at the rest all are just plain colors. The only other technique I used was a "flesh dry brush" on the scions over the base red to give it that marro look, which is basically Paint it red, then don't use much paint and do a bad job painting it flesh coloured.

It is super easy. No talent Required.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 7th, 2016, 10:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@wriggz , I look forward to the pics. I just got my innistrad set today. Its pretty cool. But I have to paint so many more minis than that. I have some army painters quickshade, but if your minwax does the same thing for a 5th of the price, it will be easier to paint my hundreds of minis that need some paint love.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 8th, 2016, 06:13 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

About 90% of the way there! Just a few touch ups and then basing left. Feels good to have knocked those out.

Also got a 2nd game in today which was sweet.

Edit: ganked my gfs phone and took a better pic

Old July 8th, 2016, 06:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Kajoq , they look great, But the rep machine won't allow it. Wish I had more time to paint right now. I have hundreds upon hundreds of minis I need to hit with the brush.

Old July 9th, 2016, 01:39 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@wriggz , now just hit them with some dullcoat or use some flat krylon clear coat or something. That should knock down that gloss. That's what they recommend with army painters quickshade.
So do you guys have suggestions for inexpensive primer and dullcoat that you use? I don't want to spend the money for hobby paint.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 9th, 2016, 03:05 PM
"like" happy

@keglo , I just use a can of Krylon flat clear coat. You can get it for about 5 bucks in wal mart. It goes quite a ways for spraying miniatures. Unless your a plastic-crack attic like me you should be able to do whatever you need with one can.

Old July 9th, 2016, 04:09 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
@keglo , I just use a can of Krylon flat clear coat. You can get it for about 5 bucks in wal mart. It goes quite a ways for spraying miniatures. Unless your a plastic-crack attic like me you should be able to do whatever you need with one can.
Thank @TREX . I'm sure that I would be a pretty bad addict if I didn't hate that overtime so much.

Do you guys also prime your pieces before you paint them?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 9th, 2016, 04:10 PM

EDIT: Double post. Sorry, not sure how I keep doing that.

Last edited by keglo; July 9th, 2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old July 9th, 2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
My Blighted Reavers

Painted with Apple Barrel paints from Walmart. Then Dipped in a wash of Future Floor Polish* and Burnt Umber paint.

*No longer called Future... now called Pledge Floor Care Shine
Those look very nice. Is your wash a 50/50 mix of Pledge and paint?

I think that I read somewhere else that some folks use Future/Pledge to thin their paint when painting minis, not just for the wash.

I am trying to decide between trying this or the Minwax dipping method.

Old July 9th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Thanks @TREX . I'm sure that I would be a pretty bad addict if I didn't hate that overtime so much.

Do you guys also prime your pieces before you paint them?
I always prime, it just makes painting so much easier since the paint sticks quick right where I want it.

As I mentioned before I picked up a can of Krylon flat clear and hit my Fire cats and Phantoms with it after applying a yellow wash to the cats and silver wash to the phantoms.

I still prefer the "Heroscape Shine" on most of my figures, though I may give them a light shot.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 9th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
My Blighted Reavers

Painted with Apple Barrel paints from Walmart. Then Dipped in a wash of Future Floor Polish* and Burnt Umber paint.

*No longer called Future... now called Pledge Floor Care Shine
Those look very nice. Is your wash a 50/50 mix of Pledge and paint?

I think that I read somewhere else that some folks use Future/Pledge to thin their paint when painting minis, not just for the wash.

I am trying to decide between trying this or the Minwax dipping method.
Not 50/50. More like 1 part paint to 3 or 4 parts polish. I have never measured it, honestly.
Old July 9th, 2016, 06:53 PM

Thank you @Cavalier and @wriggz .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender